Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2011   #1
skymike
Saints Fan

Rep Power: 0 skymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Little Crow in My Gumbo - From a Saints Fan

Hi Texans Fans. I just want to come here and tell you how impressed I am with your fans who made it to the Superdome last weekend.

I never supposed for a moment the Texans football team themselves would give the Saints anything else but pure hell for most of the game.

But I wrongly supposed the Texans to be devoid of the kind of passionate, die-hard fans my team had in the bad years. (And I've seen about 20+of those bad years in person.) Well I met those die-hard Texans last weekend at the Dome, and the first thing I thought was how they remind me of US -The downtrodden Saints fans. You drove 6 hours, or flew, which I think is bigger pain in the butt than driving, to see your team, which has yet to make the playoffs. You showed up in your colors, outnumbered, and represented. And you showed class before and after the game.

I was wrong, and I'll say it.

I'd still like to see more Texans stuff around town from your fellow Houstonians, and I think Matt Schaub deserves more commercials and billboards.

But I think Love Ya Blue is coming back to Houston very soon, just in a darker shade.

Good luck the rest of the season, and beat the snot out of Pittsburgh.
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #2
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Crow in My Gumbo - From a Saints Fan

Thank you. I think the days are coming for the Texans. I think the city will embrace the team once they make the playoffs. This town has been burned by teams over and over and they like to make sure they have something to celebrate before they go all out in support.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Hi Texans Fans. I just want to come here and tell you how impressed I am with your fans who made it to the Superdome last weekend.
Thank you

& a heartfelt thanks to all you traveling Texans.
Old 10-01-2011   #4
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 242 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

Very cool, Mike. Good people around this forum.
Old 10-01-2011   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& a heartfelt thanks to all you traveling Texans.
Yep.
Old 10-01-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good show, old chap!! I can't wait for the rematch in Feb. 2012!!
Old 10-01-2011   #7
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Saints fans were great, except for them cheering when Mario went down and booing as he was walked off.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2011   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
Saints fans were great, except for them cheering when Mario went down and booing as he was walked off.
I agree 100%. That was the only classless thing that Saints fan did all weekend. We tailgated with a huge group of Saints fans that fed us and got us all liquored up and we had a blast.

Thank you Skymike and all your other fans for accepting all of us Texans so well.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
Wow......

**adds to list**
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #10
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for finally seeing what we see. Very kind words.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I never supposed for a moment the Texans football team themselves would give the Saints anything else but pure hell for most of the game.

But I wrongly supposed the Texans to be devoid of the kind of passionate, die-hard fans my team had in the bad years. (And I've seen about 20+of those bad years in person.) Well I met those die-hard Texans last weekend at the Dome, and the first thing I thought was how they remind me of US -The downtrodden Saints fans. You drove 6 hours, or flew, which I think is bigger pain in the butt than driving, to see your team, which has yet to make the playoffs. You showed up in your colors, outnumbered, and represented. And you showed class before and after the game.

I'd still like to see more Texans stuff around town from your fellow Houstonians, and I think Matt Schaub deserves more commercials and billboards.

But I think Love Ya Blue is coming back to Houston very soon, just in a darker shade.

Thank you, but I bet that Gumbo wasn't to bad with a little W on the side.
Old 10-01-2011   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I agree 100%. That was the only classless thing that Saints fan did all weekend. We tailgated with a huge group of Saints fans that fed us and got us all liquored up and we had a blast.

Thank you Skymike and all your other fans for accepting all of us Texans so well.
Sure wish I was in New Orleans last week, I work in Vegas with about 15 Saints fans that came here after Katrina, and they were a bunch of A-Holes after the game. Looks like New Orleans deported all the riff raff!!! Hahahahaha.

My coworkers are really good people until the Saints come up but then its like STFU already, and thats coming from a guy who grew up and played in the Great Footbal State of Texas!!!!
Old 10-01-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words; not every fan is gracious in victory.

We'll see you in the Super Bowl.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Sure wish I was in New Orleans last week, I work in Vegas with about 15 Saints fans that came here after Katrina, and they were a bunch of A-Holes after the game. Looks like New Orleans deported all the riff raff!!! Hahahahaha.

My coworkers are really good people until the Saints come up but then its like STFU already, and thats coming from a guy who grew up and played in the Great Footbal State of Texas!!!!
I asked someone last week why they thought Saints fans were so insufferable and obnoxious. He said: "The team was so bad for so long, the fans just don't know how to act. You just have to ignore them."

He had a point.

To the OP: Thanks for your kind words. Obviously not ALL Saints fans are as arrogant as the jerks I've encountered here in Houston.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read