Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-01-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Former Titans assistant Heimerdinger dies at 58

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Mike Heimerdinger, a veteran assistant in the NFL who coached players including Steve McNair and Vince Young(notes), has died. He was 58.

The Tennessee Titans confirmed Heimerdinger’s death after talking with his family. He died Friday while in Mexico to receive experimental cancer treatments. He was offensive coordinator for the Titans when he was diagnosed with cancer in November 2010.

“Mike approached cancer with the same vigor and tenacity that he approached any football game—to win,” Heimerdinger’s wife, Kathie, said in a statement. “Even in the final minutes he never gave up—that was our Dinger. He was a deeply devoted husband and father, loving son and brother, loyal friend and committed coach who loved the game and life.”

Heimderdinger began chemotherapy treatment five days after the diagnosis last year. At the time, coach Jeff Fisher said Heimerdinger had been very sick for three weeks.

Heimerdinger made a trip to Houston with the team for that Sunday’s game and was greeted on the field before the game by his son, an intern with the Houston Texans at the time.

He maintained his duties for the rest of the season but was fired in February, one day after Mike Munchak succeeded Fisher as Titans’ coach.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...t-heimerdinger
R.I.P.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former Titans assistant Heimerdinger dies at 58

Rest in peace Mike Heimerdinger .
Old 10-01-2011   #3
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP Dinger. Cancer is a mother****er.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

May he rest in Peace.

Thoughts and prayers out to his family/friends.

Last edited by Playoffs; 10-01-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #5
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP to Coach Heimerdinger....cancer sucks.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad...RIP coach.
Old 10-01-2011   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't his son an assistant or a intern or something like that with the Texans?

Nevermind...just read the whole story.
Old 10-02-2011   #8
z_man57
BBQ PitMaster

Rep Power: 0 z_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respectedz_man57 is a quality contributor and well respected

R.I.P. Dinger...

Thanks for the memories.
z_man57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #9
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

I met his son a few months ago at my restaurant here in Denver. We got to chat about his pops and the Texans for a bit. It's truly a great loss, both of a father and a great football mind. My condolences to the whole family.

Brian, keep working hard, I know you'll be just as knowledgable as your father.

-wil [pho pasta]
Old 10-04-2011   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

R.I.P. Heimerdinger
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read