Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011   #1
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

I did something similiar to this a couple years back called "The Wild Card Situation" http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65970... when we almost made the playoffs in 09'... This is a lil different for this season that I'll add to each week... So just listing the basics so far Feel free to chime in


AFC South


Texans:
2-1... 1-0 in division... 2-0 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC. *One of 2 undefeated teams in the conference

W- Colts and Dolphins
L- Saints

Titans:
2-1... 0-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Ravens and Broncos
L- Jaguars

Jaguars: 1-2... 1-0 in division... 0-1 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC

W- Titans
L- Jets and Panthers

Colts: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-2 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Goose egg
L- Texans, Browns, Steelers....


AFC North


Ravens: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC

W- Steelers and Rams
L- Titans

Steelers: 2-1... 0-1 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC

W- Seahawks and Colts
L- Ravens

Browns: 2-1... 0-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Colts and Dolphins
L- Bengals

Bengals: 1-2... 1-1 in division... 1-1 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC

W- Browns
L- Broncos and Niners


AFC East


Bills: 3-0... 1-0 in division... 3-0 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC *Only undefeated team in the AFC

W- Pats, Raiders, and Chiefs
L-

Pats: 2-1... 1-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Dolphins and Chargers
L- Bills

Jets: 2-1... 0-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC

W- Cowboys and Jaguars
L- Raiders

Dolphins: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-3 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- NADA
L- Patriots, Texans, Browns...

AFC West


Raiders: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Jets and Broncos
L- Bills

Chargers: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC

W: Vikings and Chiefs
L: Patriots

Broncos: 1-2... 0-1 in division... 1-2 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC

W- Bengals
L- Titans and Raiders

Chiefs: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-2 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC

W-
L- Bills, Lions, Chargers...

Last edited by Air Canada; 09-30-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beaumont,Tx
Section: Section 135, Row F
Posts: 5,060
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

I find it funny how everyone has said the Texans haven't beaten anyone significant yet but the only team in the AFC who is 2-1 or better that has beaten a true significant team is the Bills, and arguably the Titans.
__________________
Wise men know their limits. Great men have no limits.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #3
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I find it funny how everyone has said the Texans haven't beaten anyone significant yet but the only team in the AFC who is 2-1 or better that has beaten a true significant team is the Bills, and arguably the Titans.
Haha... Yes, that is true, but that's just the way it is with some fans.. when looking at their team.


Current Division Leaders:

Bills: 3-0
Ravens: 2-1
Texans: 2-1
Raiders: 2-1

Upcoming games: Who to Cheer For

Bills @ Bengals- Take out the undefeated team in the conference and leave the Texans as the "sole undefeated team in conference"

Titans @ Browns- It's the Tit Tacks... Go Browns!

Saints @ Jaguars- OBVIOUS

Patriots @ Raiders- We root for the Raiders to improve our chances for home field advantage and SOS... Or you just hate the Pats and root for Oakland. Or we root for the Pats cuz the Raiders are on our schedule and may actually be for real this year(taking a wait and see)

Dolphins @ Chargers- Improve our SOS and hurt a possible contender and unlikely threat for HF.

Jets @ Ravens- The Ravens seem more likely to contend for their division title and are on our schedule, but I do hate the Jets.

Colts @ Bucs- Division opponent... Doesn't matter, but

Last edited by Air Canada; 09-30-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #4
Scooter
Funky
 
Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 4,643
Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

thanks for doing this again, one of my all time favorite threads. i especially enjoyed your "who to root for" section last time and still do. it's a very helpful cliff notes version of the entire league and what's going on that directly (or indirectly) affects the texans for us that have trouble keeping track.
__________________
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #5
Ndevine7
All Pro
 
Ndevine7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Age: 22
Posts: 532
Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I find it funny how everyone has said the Texans haven't beaten anyone significant yet but the only team in the AFC who is 2-1 or better that has beaten a true significant team is the Bills, and arguably the Titans.
I dont understand how you can say the Bills are the only team to beat someone significant. The Jets are 2-1 and beat the Cowboys who are 2-1. Patriots are 2-1 and beat the Chargers who are 2-1. Oakland is 2-1 and beat the Jets who are 2-1.
__________________
Noel Devine Heisman 2010
Ndevine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,178
Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
I dont understand how you can say the Bills are the only team to beat someone significant. The Jets are 2-1 and beat the Cowboys who are 2-1. Patriots are 2-1 and beat the Chargers who are 2-1. Oakland is 2-1 and beat the Jets who are 2-1.
Right.

And the Ravens beat the crap out of the Steelers. Are we sure we're ready to say the defending AFC champions aren't a significant team? Perhaps we should wait to see if the Texans can beat them before we do that.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #7
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
I dont understand how you can say the Bills are the only team to beat someone significant. The Jets are 2-1 and beat the Cowboys who are 2-1. Patriots are 2-1 and beat the Chargers who are 2-1. Oakland is 2-1 and beat the Jets who are 2-1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Right.

And the Ravens beat the crap out of the Steelers. Are we sure we're ready to say the defending AFC champions aren't a significant team? Perhaps we should wait to see if the Texans can beat them before we do that.

All true as well, but I think in making his point, he was factoring the performances of each team or how they've looked.... If you watched the games... Jets are 2-1... had a bad loss to the Raiders and were lucky to make it outta the Cowboy game with a win.. They choked and Romo epicly failed at the goal line and with the pick... so that wasn't very impressive and it's not apparent the Cowboys are really any good yet.

Chargers beat the 0-3 Chiefs barely hanging on and the 0-3 Vikings at home who give up every lead also barely...

The Ravens killed the Steelers, but looked bad against the Tits and didn't play very well in the loss, then they beat up on the 0-3 Rams. The Steelers got smashed by Balt and returned home to massacre the gift from Seattle, then just barely escaped from Indy with a win(a fumble or overthrown ball from losing that game).

I would probably say the Bills, Pats, Texans, and Raiders have looked the most impressive thus far though... And the Bills had the most significant wins being over 2 of those teams... So just going by "the looks" so far this season.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,303
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
All true as well, but I think in making his point, he was factoring the performances of each team or how they've looked.... If you watched the games... Jets are 2-1... had a bad loss to the Raiders and were lucky to make it outta the Cowboy game with a win.. They choked and Romo epicly failed at the goal line and with the pick... so that wasn't very impressive and it's not apparent the Cowboys are really any good yet.
Impressive or not, that's the way more than half their games go.


After a while, you gotta stop calling it luck.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beaumont,Tx
Section: Section 135, Row F
Posts: 5,060
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
I dont understand how you can say the Bills are the only team to beat someone significant. The Jets are 2-1 and beat the Cowboys who are 2-1. Patriots are 2-1 and beat the Chargers who are 2-1. Oakland is 2-1 and beat the Jets who are 2-1.


The Cowboys have beaten the Niners barely and played one of the sloppiest games i've ever seen against the Redskins, Chargers have only beaten winless teams just like we have, and i'm not sure if that counts for the Pats as a significant win since they never lose at home to begin with.

Oakland i missed.
__________________
Wise men know their limits. Great men have no limits.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller
 
Speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Livable Forest
Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Posts: 3,090
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Patriots @ Raiders- We root for the Raiders to improve our chances for home field advantage and SOS... Or you just hate the Pats and root for Oakland. Or we root for the Pats cuz the Raiders are on our schedule and may actually be for real this year(taking a wait and see)
I usually like for the team the Texans are about to play to have a good game the week before they play the Texans. That way they don't have the extra incentive to try and correct things against the Texans.

Like last week....if the Steelers had lost to the Colts and come in here 1-2, they'd be fighting like hell to avoid going 1-3. Simply just an I feel better about it deal for me, I guess.

That doesn't matter for division teams though. I want them losing every week.
__________________

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #11
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I usually like for the team the Texans are about to play to have a good game the week before they play the Texans. That way they don't have the extra incentive to try and correct things against the Texans.

Like last week....if the Steelers had lost to the Colts and come in here 1-2, they'd be fighting like hell to avoid going 1-3. Simply just an I feel better about it deal for me, I guess.

That doesn't matter for division teams though. I want them losing every week.
So then you do also want the Raiders to win I take it....
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #12
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Impressive or not, that's the way more than half their games go.


After a while, you gotta stop calling it luck.
Maybe I should rephrase... they were lucky to play the Cowboys who lose more than half their games like that...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #13
Ndevine7
All Pro
 
Ndevine7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Age: 22
Posts: 532
Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The Cowboys have beaten the Niners barely and played one of the sloppiest games i've ever seen against the Redskins, Chargers have only beaten winless teams just like we have, and i'm not sure if that counts for the Pats as a significant win since they never lose at home to begin with.

Oakland i missed.
San Diego lost a shootout with Patriots. Cowboys could easily be 3-0 if Romo had Revis not be the best shutdown corner in the league. Your forgot to mention the Jets and in case you were wondering, they lost to a real Oakland team that we should not overlook. They have a great running back and a really solid change of pace back. Could easily be 3-0 but the Bills might be for real. I am not trying to start a fight but I just do not think that the Texans should be ranked that high. I believe the Texans will win more then the next guy but they need to prove they are a different team then they used to be
__________________
Noel Devine Heisman 2010
Ndevine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #14
Air Canada
Veteran
 
Air Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
San Diego lost a shootout with Patriots. Cowboys could easily be 3-0 if Romo had Revis not be the best shutdown corner in the league. Your forgot to mention the Jets and in case you were wondering, they lost to a real Oakland team that we should not overlook. They have a great running back and a really solid change of pace back. Could easily be 3-0 but the Bills might be for real. I am not trying to start a fight but I just do not think that the Texans should be ranked that high. I believe the Texans will win more then the next guy but they need to prove they are a different team then they used to be
The Texans lost a shootout to the Saints... The Raiders lost a shootout to the Bills... The Saints lost a shootout to the Packers... The Chargers DID NOT lose a shootout, they just got handled.

The Cowboys could easily be 3-0 if they didn't allow an easy punt block TD or if Romo didn't fumble at the one or if Romo didn't throw directly into the hands of Revis on a man completely covered.... See they do these kind of things and the Jets were fortunate for it, but they also got owned by the Raiders.

In comparison to the other teams in the division and conference and how they have performed THIS SEASON thus far.. The Texans do belong up there IMO.

Only the Bills and Texans haven't lost in the AFC yet also at this point.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 11,734
Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
I did something similiar to this a couple years back called "The Wild Card Situation" http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65970... when we almost made the playoffs in 09'... This is a lil different for this season that I'll add to each week... So just listing the basics so far Feel free to chime in


AFC South
Texans: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 2-0 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC. *One of 2 undefeated teams in the conference
W- Colts and Dolphins
L- Saints

Titans: 2-1... 0-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Ravens and Broncos
L- Jaguars

Jaguars: 1-2... 1-0 in division... 0-1 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC
W- Titans
L- Jets and Panthers

Colts: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-2 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Goose egg
L- Texans, Browns, Steelers....


AFC North
Ravens: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC
W- Steelers and Rams
L- Titans

Steelers: 2-1... 0-1 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC
W- Seahawks and Colts
L- Ravens

Browns: 2-1... 0-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Colts and Dolphins
L- Bengals

Bengals: 1-2... 1-1 in division... 1-1 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC
W- Browns
L- Broncos and Niners

AFC East
Bills: 3-0... 1-0 in division... 3-0 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC *Only undefeated team in the AFC
W- Pats, Raiders, and Chiefs
L-

Pats: 2-1... 1-1 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Dolphins and Chargers
L- Bills

Jets: 2-1... 0-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC
W- Cowboys and Jaguars
L- Raiders

Dolphins: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-3 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- NADA
L- Patriots, Texans, Browns...

AFC West
Raiders: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 2-1 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Jets and Broncos
L- Bills

Chargers: 2-1... 1-0 in division... 1-1 in conference... 1-0 vs. NFC
W: Vikings and Chiefs
L: Patriots

Broncos: 1-2... 0-1 in division... 1-2 in conference... 0-0 vs. NFC
W- Bengals
L- Titans and Raiders

Chiefs: 0-3... 0-1 in division... 0-2 in conference... 0-1 vs. NFC
W-
L- Bills, Lions, Chargers...
Nice breakdown. It will be interesting (and hopefully fun for us) to see how things continue to unfold.

rep for your work.
__________________
The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. -- Mark Twain
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,248
Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

This week the Browns will be my 2nd favorite team.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,303
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

Like last week....if the Steelers had lost to the Colts and come in here 1-2, they'd be fighting like hell to avoid going 1-3. Simply just an I feel better about it deal for me, I guess.
I understand what you mean. I think the same way.

But, let me ask you this. If the Steelers did come in here @ 1-2 instead of 2-1 would that be any reflection of the quality of the oponent we are about to face?

In other words, we always say W-L is the only thing that matters. But this early in the season, does it mean anything yet? We won't know who's who (IMO) for another month.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller
 
Speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Livable Forest
Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Posts: 3,090
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I understand what you mean. I think the same way.

But, let me ask you this. If the Steelers did come in here @ 1-2 instead of 2-1 would that be any reflection of the quality of the oponent we are about to face?

In other words, we always say W-L is the only thing that matters. But this early in the season, does it mean anything yet? We won't know who's who (IMO) for another month.
Just because the Saints beat the Bears and it made ME feel better that we wouldn't be facing an 0-2 Saints teams desperate to avoid 0-3, doesn't mean the Texans will fare any better than the Saints being 1-1 when they played them.

Before that game, because the Saints had won, I felt better about the Texans having a chance to win, and they very well could have. Had the Saints lost to the Bears and been 0-2, the game still turns out the same way, but I wouldn't have had too much hope beforehand that the Texans would prevail because I would have felt like the Saints would be in desperation mode to avoid going 0-3.

If we played the 0-3 Chiefs this week, I'm not as worried about the Chiefs being desperate to get a win. If you're a bad football team, you're a bad football team, though any team can win on any given Sunday. You've still got to play the games.

Personally, I think that if the Raiders were to beat the Pats, that would be a pretty big high for them, which tends to lead to a let down the next week (see Ravens/Titans). I don't even have a problem with the Raiders losing as long as they make a game of it. If the Pats blow them out, they'll be coming here pissed, embarrassed, and with something to prove. Maybe all of that is bunk, maybe there is a little something to it. I don't know. That's just how I feel about it beforehand.
__________________

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Impressive or not, that's the way more than half their games go.


After a while, you gotta stop calling it luck.
I don't think it's Luck as much as "that style of play will eventually catch up with them", ans so far, every year it has. They are collectively thinking SuperBowl over there...

If that is the measuring stick of pass or fail, then they have been failures in their own eyes. And I think that for the most part they would confirm that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,303
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Texans Current and Ongoing Divisional, Conference, and Wild card situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If that is the measuring stick of pass or fail, then they have been failures in their own eyes. And I think that for the most part they would confirm that.
Wouldn't it be nice to experience that kind of failure?
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger