Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player(s) you will focus on Sunday?

While interested in seeing Schuab more accurate, I'll probably focus on Mario, Reed and KJ. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.
Old 09-30-2011   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player(s) you will focus on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
While interested in seeing Schuab more accurate, I'll probably focus on Mario, Reed and KJ. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.
Foster and Mario. Foster having a good day would go a loooong way toward the Texans being victorious. Plus that whole getting over the hamstring thing, Mario will always have something to prove, especially around here, so I think it's safe to say we'd like to see some pressure, some impact against a weak OL in a big game. I don't think he'll have any trouble bringing down "Big Ben". I say it would be nice and it would; I just know that people will forget about it by next Sunday.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more inclined to key in on players in the preseason. I enter regular season games with an open mind and try to identify what's working and what isn't.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans OLBs v Steelers OTs - Texans HAVE to win this matchup

James Casey v Troy Polamalu - I have a feeling these two will be seeing a lot of each other Sunday.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I usually watch the recieviers & the secondary..... the other stuff, the Telecast usually catches pretty well & I'll watch that when I get home. But what's going on between the receivers & DBs, you can't see on TV.

I was watching AJ & innegan from the first punch of the first snap, they were truly going at it from the word go & I was up their in 609 wondering how much Andre was going to take.
Old 09-30-2011   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Our O-Line. I think Duane Brown can handle Harrison but i'm not sure about the other side. Got Winston over there and he struggles with speed guys, plus Polamalu loves to come off the edge from that side.
Old 09-30-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Our O-Line. I think Duane Brown can handle Harrison but i'm not sure about the other side. Got Winston over there and he struggles with speed guys, plus Polamalu loves to come off the edge from that side.
I was thinking the same thing..... I'm more worried about Polamalu coming off that right end.
Old 09-30-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was thinking the same thing..... I'm more worried about Polamalu coming off that right end.
So will our full back be able to hand Polamalu or will Matt be running for his life?
Old 09-30-2011   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
while interested in seeing schuab more accurate, i'll probably focus on mario, reed and kj. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.
ARIAN "FREAKIN' FOSTER!

me
Old 09-30-2011   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

As always, AJ. I just like watching the dude play.

To look for improvement: Mario, Reed, Cush, Barwin, Tate, Jason Allen.

Injury wise: Demeco, Jacoby, Arian, Mario.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

cushing and ryans.

i think the steelers are going to try to get their run game on track against a texans team that's been really poor stopping the run so far. our outside is strong when our OLB's remember to set the edge, but ryans and cushing dont have the sand in their pants to take on centers and guards coming at them so freely. they need to work better at avoiding blocks and getting to the ball carrier quicker.

i'm also watching them against the pass. we have a tendency to overrun mobile quarterbacks with our pass rush, giving them a lane to step up into to pass or run. one or both of our ILB's needs to have one eye in the backfield to keep containment on big ben.

i wouldnt be suprised to see A LOT of cushing interior blitzes to help in both areas.
Old 09-30-2011   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
ARIAN "FREAKIN' FOSTER!

me
TB, I've told you before, I expect a bit more enthusiasm out of you.
Old 09-30-2011   #13
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Brandon Harris & Jonathon Joseph
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Brandon Harris & Jonathon Joseph
Allen will start if KJ's injury keeps him out. So...you think Brandon will get some reps?
Old 09-30-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
cushing and ryans.

i think the steelers are going to try to get their run game on track against a texans team that's been really poor stopping the run so far. our outside is strong when our OLB's remember to set the edge, but ryans and cushing dont have the sand in their pants to take on centers and guards coming at them so freely. they need to work better at avoiding blocks and getting to the ball carrier quicker.
I know it seems like forever, but back in 2009 Demeco & Cushing would knife past those centers & guards, & make the tackle in the back field.

They were too quick, too agile, the big guys couldn't get their hands on them.
Old 09-30-2011   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know it seems like forever, but back in 2009 Demeco & Cushing would knife past those centers & guards, & make the tackle in the back field.

They were too quick, too agile, the big guys couldn't get their hands on them.
different settings, in 2009 they had a pair of DT's in front of them to occupy 2/3's of the interior line. demeco was healthy at the time and cushing was able to play the guard/tackle gap or was on the line in our 43 under package. right now with a 1 gap NT infront of them and not much other support inside, our ILB's are very exposed and have to do a lot more individual work.
Old 10-02-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
KJ did not play & I never caught Reed playing but Mario...finally had the game I wanted to see. He dominated a game.
Old 10-03-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I usually watch the recieviers & the secondary..... the other stuff, the Telecast usually catches pretty well & I'll watch that when I get home. But what's going on between the receivers & DBs, you can't see on TV.
I was watching the WR/DBs as usual. That one play to OD for the big 1st down, just before Arians 42 yard TD scamper...

OD was wide open, because everyone of the DBs followed JJ on a post route from the left side. Surely it was a bad communication thing with the Steelers, but that one play showed me the possibilities with JJ.

Of course he's got to catch more of those deep balls than not, in order to keep the defense thinking about him, but that play, they all followed JJ which opened that throw up to OD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read