Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2011   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Statement game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I like the way you think!!

Kick em - then kick them again, when they are on the ground stomp on their throats.
Grammy is that you? Whooee, you been saving up that anger, huh?
Old 09-30-2011   #42
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

He looks good in a Texans cap.
Old 09-30-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not a terrible failure but a disappointment to me. You seem (from your posts) to be happy if we simpy do better. This roster should be better than 10-6 especially with our opponents. We should have beaten the Saints and if Steelers O line is as weak as indicated we should handily defeat them.
This is why so many of us are commenting so critically; it is time for this team to step up and take command of their destiny. We should enter every game with a confidence that we will win.
bb, you & me are usually on the same page, but if you put our offense in the same league with the Saints man you are truly delusional.

I've been listening to 790 all morning & they summed it up pretty good. When Brees got the ball at the end of the game, New Orleans breathed a sigh of relief. When Schaub got the ball, we clinched our teeth, sat on the edge of our chair & prayed we didn't see a pick 6.

& it turned out not as bad, but pretty much along the lines we thought it would.

I'm not going to say Schaub choked, I won't put a whole game on any one player (coach maybe, but not one player)... but let's just say Schaub had trouble swallowing. That's who he is & that's what our offense is. As Schaub goes..... so does our offense.

If Arian comes back & not have any more hammy trouble for the rest of the year, that changes everything. We're still not on the Saints level, but we're much closer.
Old 09-30-2011   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
bb, you & me are usually on the same page, but if you put our offense in the same league with the Saints man you are truly delusional.

I've been listening to 790 all morning & they summed it up pretty good. When Brees got the ball at the end of the game, New Orleans breathed a sigh of relief. When Schaub got the ball, we clinched our teeth, sat on the edge of our chair & prayed we didn't see a pick 6.

& it turned out not as bad, but pretty much along the lines we thought it would.

I'm not going to say Schaub choked, I won't put a whole game on any one player (coach maybe, but not one player)... but let's just say Schaub had trouble swallowing. That's who he is & that's what our offense is. As Schaub goes..... so does our offense.

If Arian comes back & not have any more hammy trouble for the rest of the year, that changes everything. We're still not on the Saints level, but we're much closer.
No worries mate! I don't think I said our O was in the same league as Saints but we should have won that game. Any of the redzones should have been points. If Foster and Tater Salad are healthy (especially if Ward can return) and we have all our guns, I ain't afraid of anyone. I posted before the season we would beat NO and we could have. I will be interested to see them in a rematch after the regular season.

We have done very well scoring last couple years so it is not a fluke. I expect the D to make a huge turn around.
Old 09-30-2011   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Read your post again and could not leave it alone. lol.

Wouldn't you agree the bolded is based on the history of both teams? I think Schaub will be very good this season and we will develop the confidence that Saints fans have in Brees. Not saying Matt is better than Drew but he does not have to be to take us to the Super Bowl.
Old 09-30-2011   #46
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not saying Matt is better than Drew but he does not have to be to take us to the Super Bowl.
looking at recent SB winners, this may not be true.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #47
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
looking at recent SB winners, this may not be true.
Huh? Rex Grossman? Eli Manning? He did say "take" to SB, so i threw in Rex...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read your post again and could not leave it alone. lol.
I read your post again & have no idea what I was thinking.
Quote:
Wouldn't you agree the bolded is based on the history of both teams? I think Schaub will be very good this season and we will develop the confidence that Saints fans have in Brees. Not saying Matt is better than Drew but he does not have to be to take us to the Super Bowl.
I'll say the same thing about Matt that I would say about any 7 year vets... I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for him to develop any more.

Now, it is possible since he hasn't been in any games that truly mattered, he may grow some, & that would be great, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Our best bet, is to make sure Foster stays healthy the rest of the year.
Old 09-30-2011   #49
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont get all worked up with the "statements" and "must wins" and "proving you can beat good teams on the road" blah balah balooh...

What does the statement mean if the Texans beat the Steelers and finish 7-9 as the Steelers go 11-5? Or what would it state if the Texans get their asses handed to them but go 11-5, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and make it to the AFC title game?

The true statement is how your season goes in a whole... Apparently the Texans made a statement to the Colts and this division week 1 last year...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #50
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
3-1 will feel better than 2-2, regardless if this is our statement game, superbowl, or must play well.
I agree! If we're truly trying to turn the team around and get over the hump, then we have to find ways to close games. Compare the fins game to Aints game. I thought we played half a game in miami, and looked like crap. We played tough, and played well last sunday, but in the 4th, D just let up far too much. ( I mean c'mon, the same friggin play on 2 pt conversion? KJack is killin me) If we can continue in the same progression.... perhaps this week will be one in which we can play at our best level for 4 quarters! If so, we should walk away with a big win.

And then.... there's the raiders next week. Last time we played, it was a joke, this time I have a feeling it'll be tough. But for now, I'm dealing solely with the steelers. Smart plays by Schaub are extra critical- can't have Troy picking us off, and D has to get Big ***** no helmet while riding Ben on the ground.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #51
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
We missed our 'statement game'. This is a game the Texans should win. Not winning would be an utter failure.
indeed
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
( I mean c'mon, the same friggin play on 2 pt conversion? KJack is killin me)
KJax wears #25.. JJo wears #24

The guy who got burnt on both of those conversions was wearing #24
Old 09-30-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
Smart plays by Schaub are extra critical- can't have Troy picking us off....
Why?

Brees was picked off twice & still won. Ben was probably picked off twice & won...

An INT is not the end of the world, how you react after, that's what makes champions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read