Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-30-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry

Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-aaron-curry/
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry

a story about curry

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...ft-evaluation/
Old 09-30-2011   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Colour me interested for the right price.
Old 09-30-2011   #4
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can get him under the cap and give up a nothing more than a 5th round pick for him, then they should take a chance on him. We know he has the physical talent to be an impact player. The question is why he hasn't lived up to his draft position. I think Wade and Coach Herring can put him in a position to succeed.
Old 09-30-2011   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

cant miss prospect huh? I want no part of him considering that the freakin seahawks are giving up on the guy.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry

I like what this guy had to say:

Quote:
Now you all watch: All of these draft "experts" who said Curry was a can't miss probowl LB are going to now backtrack and say "well, now, I did say there was some risk involved and I did notice he had some issues...." etc., etc. etc......the American Way these days. Never accept fault, never admit you were wrong and always blame the other guy. Unbelieveable. O-Well, doesn't change my love of the team: GO HAWKS!

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...#ixzz1ZRjf7OcF
LMAO!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I admit, I was wrong. I thought he could play any LB position and be successful.

I was right about Revis....so I'll always have that, dammit. Heh
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Where would we play him?

I think the guy has some talent, but I just dont see him as a need at this point. If he can't boost our redzone scoring or play corner I wouldn't too much fool with him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill put money down that this guy finds success somewhere.

Any team that cuts Matt Hasselbeck so they can sign Tavarris Jackson earns the retarded label in my opinion.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

Any team that cuts Matt Hasselbeck so they can sign Tavarris Jackson earns the retarded label in my opinion.
Touche'
Old 09-30-2011   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Seahawks have been using him as a outside LB in a 43 def, so he may have been playing out of position all this time.

An Evaluation of Curry heading into the draft three years ago:

“Like the Chiefs finally realized with Johnson, hopefully the NFL team that drafts Curry will do likewise and play him in the middle. He has very good athleticism making plays in front of him, but bites often on play-action, lacks good depth playing in the zone and is a bit too stiff to generate the sideline-to-sideline range to make impact plays on the outside, where he struggles to stop the runner's forward momentum. He can clog the rush lanes when he stays low in his pads. Put him inside in a 3-4 alignment and he can be equally productive getting to the quarterback as he did in college. Play him on the outside and he will be exposed in a quick and deep passing game.”
Old 10-01-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Where would we play him?

I think the guy has some talent, but I just dont see him as a need at this point. If he can't boost our redzone scoring or play corner I wouldn't too much fool with him.
MLB to backup Ryans/Cushing. We need help up the middle, and quite frankly I'm not sure Demeco is coming back to 100% any time soon. Depends on the pricetag more than anything. I wouldn't give up more than a 4th for him. A 5th or less for him sounds like a steal to me, but I bet they are looking for a 2nd. And I bet the Eagles give them that for him, because their LBs are terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

This. They signed Zach Miller in the offseason and so far have used him as a blocking TE instead of as a passing threat. Seriously, Pete Carroll has to be sandbagging for Luck, or he's a total moron.
Old 10-01-2011   #13
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't seen him play that much pro, but coming out of college I thought the Seahawks were getting a great player with a 4th pick. I'm a fully paid up member of the 'he's making a pro-bowl for 15 straight years and getting a statue of him erected' crowd - it seemed to be a very common opinion in '09 as well!

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the Texans doing some serious evaluation on the fella.
Old 10-01-2011   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would drop a 4th for him without hesitation. I still think the guy can be a great player.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I would drop a 4th for him without hesitation. I still think the guy can be a great player.
Oh yea, I agree. He hasn't been in the league all that long and he has everything you would want out of a linebacker. He's athletic, he's tough, he's smart, and he has a strong work ethic.

What is going on with the Seahawks? Getting rid of Matt Hasselbeck and failing to get the #4 overall pick to contribute are crushing blunders.

Post 6,000!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I admit, I was wrong. I thought he could play any LB position and be successful.

I was right about Revis....so I'll always have that, dammit. Heh
He can be success. He just needs to be an ILB in a 3/4.He over runs plays alot.Too many for my liking.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Glazer's reporting the Seahawks are trading Curry to the Raiders

Quote:
Sources on Raiders & SEA tell me they've agreed to a trade sending Aaron Curry, 4th pick in 09 draft, to OAK for pick this yr, 1 next yr
Old 10-12-2011   #18
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm reading that its a 5th this year & a 7th next year. Not bad I guess, hopefully a change of scenery will help him reach his potential.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for the Raiders. Now they will be able to put 11 guys on the field...
Old 10-12-2011   #20
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Good for the Raiders. Now they will be able to put 11 guys on the field...
Yeah, but they can still kick our butt with 10 guys!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read