Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Harris where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
KJ looks lost at times out there. Safeties don't have to have corner speed, but they do have to have good instincts and vision. The "mental lagging" on his part that you mentioned shows me he doesn't exactly have that. That would be my guess as to why he isn't given a shot. When asked on Monday about Allen or Jackson at safety, Kubiak said Allen's name came up. No mention of KJ at all in that regards. That tells me something right there.
That tells me that Wade thinks Kj is developing fine as a CB & they are trying to find ways to keep Allen on the field. They obviously like both players.
Old 12-06-2011   #42
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where is Brandon Harris

Just wondering since we traded up for him.

It seemed everyone in April were penciling him in as the #2 CB.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #43
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Brandon Harris

He's on the team. He tweeted a while back that he was practicing as if he was going to start because he wants to be ready when called.

Jason Allen is playing well and Jackson is having the season he was supposed to have as a rookie so I'm sure he's getting bumped down a bit.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #44
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

All of the aforementioned reasons, as well as the coaching staff realizing that sticking rookies in the secondary can really screw you over.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #45
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
All of the aforementioned reasons, as well as the coaching staff realizing that sticking rookies in the secondary can really screw you over.
Exactly, I don't think they want to throw him out there. Besides, we don't really need him right now. I would look for him next year though. In case Jason Allen or one of our other corners wants to jump ship and test the market.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #46
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest issue for him is he is pretty much locked into nickle/slot CB. McCain has that shit on lock.
Old 12-06-2011   #47
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

He's been inactive the past couple of weeks, I think he is basically just a fill in if somebody who plays primarily Special Teams like McMannis gets hurt. The last time he was active was when McMannis got hurt, don't think we'll see him at CB this year barring any major injuries in the Secondary. What we're doing now is working, no need to force the issue.
Old 12-06-2011   #48
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris is basically being redshirted this year so that he's ready for next year. It's what Kubiak should have done with KJ last year but didn't have a choice since we didn't get anyone in FA last year.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #49
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Allen & KJ are playing well enough to not need Harris. I still like the Harris pick, though, as a precautionary if the Allen/KJ combo didn't work out.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I didn't expect Kareem and Jason Allen to play as well as they've been playing. I expected them to both get benched and Brandon to be starting by this point. On top of that McCain and McMannis have been playing well.

I was totally and completely wrong.

It's going to be interesting to see how he develops.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Harris is basically being redshirted this year so that he's ready for next year. It's what Kubiak should have done with KJ last year but didn't have a choice since we didn't get anyone in FA last year.
^^^^
This

plus, I think they learned it's best not to rush a guy into the fray before he's really ready. That could scar him for life.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I didn't expect Kareem and Jason Allen to play as well as they've been playing. I expected them to both get benched and Brandon to be starting by this point. On top of that McCain and McMannis have been playing well.

I was totally and completely wrong.

It's going to be interesting to see how he develops.
This.

I don't know if I had any expectations for Kareem, McMannis, & McCain.

I think Wade Phillips fell in love with McCain the moment he saw him. He penciled him in as the nickel corner the same day he said Quin would move to safety.

& he hasn't disappointed, he's been pretty consistent & playing as well as he had his rookie season.

McMannis is really the surprise to me, he's a monster on special teams. Coverage wise.

I think we've just got better corners than we thought we would. I've got to think Wade & co were thinking Allen or Kareem would have played their way out of the starting line-up by now, but even if one of them were hurt, I doubt they'd bring Harris up, the other would just play more snaps.

Looks like we've got three starting corners plus McCain. & McMannis is just too good on special teams right now. The competition at that position is just too tough right now.
Old 12-06-2011   #53
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll be losing some talent in the offseason. We still have Charmichael who got IR'd in what I can only assume was a roster space move.

Now, its a question of who you're willing to part with. Jason Allen, for all his faults, is a good veteran presence who has played pretty well on the whole, but I find it difficult to see how we're going to give up on a younger guy with potential behind him, especially given the relative cap hits involved.

Training camp will be really intense at that position, at least one guy is going to get cut who has ability or potential.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
We'll be losing some talent in the offseason. We still have Charmichael who got IR'd in what I can only assume was a roster space move.

Now, its a question of who you're willing to part with. Jason Allen, for all his faults, is a good veteran presence who has played pretty well on the whole, but I find it difficult to see how we're going to give up on a younger guy with potential behind him, especially given the relative cap hits involved.

Training camp will be really intense at that position, at least one guy is going to get cut who has ability or potential.
Jason Allen is also a free agent after this year, so if he does well enough on this awesome defense, we may get priced out of the market on him due to cap issues. Although, I think KJ will be fine stepping in as the #2 CB in his third year and then Harris can be the #3 CB.
Old 12-06-2011   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

What still nicks my concience is Harris started a rookie diary he was sharing with fans and that completely dried up. I was concerned he might have got in someone's dog house. Roc & Brandon will be like high draft picks but with some class room experience. Corner could turn into a strength like running back.
Old 12-06-2011   #56
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Roc & Brandon will be like high draft picks but with some class room experience. Corner could turn into a strength like running back.
That's how dynasties are made.

Someone gets too old and has to move on, just reload.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #57
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
That's how dynasties are made.

Someone gets too old and has to move on, just reload.
Don't forget a star qb.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted Jan. 21, 2012 @ 8:47 p.m. ET
By PFW staff
Following are a number of whispers we've been hearing from around the AFC:

While rookies J.J. Watt, Brooks Reed and T.J. Yates were making big contributions for the Texans this past season, second-round CB Brandon Harris, whom the club moved up to draft, was pretty much a forgotten man. Word is Harris' lack of speed made it hard for him to get on the field, even on special teams. With the improvement of nickel CB Brice McCain, it remains to be seen if Harris can carve out a bigger role next season.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-pursue-top-wr
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Found this on RotoWorld.....
Quote:
Harris had no role in Houston's secondary, and coaches felt he didn't run downfield fast enough to contribute on kick and punt coverage. Undersized with a 4.53 forty time, Harris probably won't be viewed as future starter by the Texans. He may get a chance to play behind Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson, and nickel back Brice McCain in 2012, replacing free agent Jason Allen. Jan 22 - 2:47 PM

Not looking good....
Old 01-23-2012   #60
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did we draft a slow defensive back in the 2nd round?
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read