Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2011   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I like this from Antonio Smith

Quote:
QUOTE OF THE DAY

Antonio Smith, when asked how important the next game is because it’s the Steelers: “Me personally, I got to say it, I just don’t like them. They took my Super Bowl from me. They got my rings in their back pocket. I ain’t ever going to forget that. There’s a couple snaps out there I wish I could have had back, so every time I play them, they going to get the ninja and the dog, two in one.”
Link

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I like this from Antonio Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Link
the ninja and the dog haha. I like A. Smith but the texans will give him a ring
Old 09-29-2011   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good to know that our best defensive player will have a extra chip on his shoulder this week.

P.S.

Anybody laughing at me now for calling this guy our best defensive player?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It's good to know that our best defensive player will have a extra chip on his shoulder this week.

P.S.

i've always liked him, wasnt he a 7th round pick ?
Old 09-29-2011   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

P.S.

Didn't laff then, ain't laffin' now. Antonio is BA.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

P.S.

I saw Antonio & the whole defensive line disappear when Mario got hurt last Sunday.

Yes, I'm still laughing
Old 09-29-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I saw Antonio & the whole defensive line disappear when Mario got hurt last Sunday.

Yes, I'm still laughing
yeah, i have noticed most of A.S 3 sacks have been when Mario and him are on the same side. I still think he;s a good player, but like AJ, Mario makes everyone on the D-line better.
Old 09-29-2011   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, I'm still laughing
LMAO Yeah, because it's Mario who makes this defense go Yep, Mario Williams....the greatest decoy the NFL has seen since Reggie Bush. (Seriously, is that what you've resorted to?)

Keep laughing, Smith will just keep on performing while shutting people up in the process.
Old 09-29-2011   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Actually, Antonio Smith probably would. He's a huge Mario Williams fan.
Old 09-29-2011   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah, i have noticed most of A.S 3 sacks have been when Mario and him are on the same side. I still think he;s a good player, but like AJ, Mario makes everyone on the D-line better.
Except he isn't like AJ. You see AJ performs and produces EVERY week while making teammates better. AJ is a gamebreaker/game changer. There really is no comparison.
Old 09-29-2011   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Actually, Antonio Smith probably would. He's a huge Mario Williams fan.
And what does this have to do with anything I said above? Seriously.

Antonio is a Mario fan and Antonio "probably" would. I didn't know you were the voice of Antonio Smith. Speculation at it's best.
Old 09-29-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Antonio is a bad ass as well. I think it is silly that some here would like to create a wedge pitting one player vs another.

I like all our Texans.

We need Mario & Antonio to do what they do to get to where we want to go.
Old 09-29-2011   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

WELL TBH

In 8 seasons Smith has 26 sacks. His Lowest was 2.5 Sacks. he has 154 tackles. He has 7 Forced fumbles.

In 6 season Williams has 50 sacks. Lowest season which was rookie was 4.5 sacks. He has 187 tackles. he has 11 Forced Fumbles.

Looking at those i would say Mario has been far more than a decoy.
Old 09-29-2011   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
And what does this have to do with anything I said above? Seriously.

Antonio is a Mario fan and Antonio "probably" would. I didn't know you were the voice of Antonio Smith. Speculation at it's best.
Yeah, when you deliberately use the word probably, it tends to signify speculation. Sorry, next time I'll use the /speculation BB code.
Old 09-29-2011   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think Antonio is a bad ass as well. I think it is silly that some here would like to create a wedge pitting one player vs another.

I like all our Texans.

We need Mario & Antonio to do what they do to get to where we want to go.
Yeah, because those two players read this board and our comments are causing a wedge between them.

I didn't create the wedge...I was asked who I thought was our best defensive player...answered the question and then was laughed at. I like Mario (wish he was more consistent, but I like him) however he is NOT our best defensive player. If answering a question honestly is "creating some mythical wedge", then I guess I'm guilty of being a "wedge creator".

What's creating a wedge around here is how some people get butt hurt every time certain players are criticized.
Old 09-29-2011   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, when you deliberately use the word probably, it tends to signify speculation. Sorry, next time I'll use the /speculation BB code.
??? What are you talking about now.

your response wasn't backed up by anything except Antonio is a "Mario Williams fan". Guess what, I'm a "Mario Williams fan" too and I want him to succeed...doesn't mean I think he's the best defender on this defense.
Old 09-29-2011   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
WELL TBH

In 8 seasons Smith has 26 sacks. His Lowest was 2.5 Sacks. he has 154 tackles. He has 7 Forced fumbles.

In 6 season Williams has 50 sacks. Lowest season which was rookie was 4.5 sacks. He has 187 tackles. he has 11 Forced Fumbles.

Looking at those i would say Mario has been far more than a decoy.

In THIS defense, THIS year, on This current team. Smith is a better defender. Mario has not been the same player that he was the first couple of seasons (due to injury or whatnot) and it looks like Antonio Smith was made for this defense. Career #s are irrelevant in this discussion.
Old 09-29-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yeah, because those two players read this board and our comments are causing a wedge between them.

I didn't create the wedge...I was asked who I thought was our best defensive player...answered the question and then was laughed at. I like Mario (wish he was more consistent, but I like him) however he is NOT our best defensive player. If answering a question honestly is "creating some mythical wedge", then I guess I'm guilty of being a "wedge creator".

What's creating a wedge around here is how some people get butt hurt every time certain players are criticized.
You sound pretty butt hurt right now.

I don't have a problem criticizing Mario. He's got a lot to work on, which shouldn't be the case 6 years in to his career.
Old 09-29-2011   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i've always liked him, wasnt he a 7th round pick ?
No, I think he was 5th rd pick by Arizona.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You sound pretty butt hurt right now.

I don't have a problem criticizing Mario. He's got a lot to work on, which shouldn't be the case 6 years in to his career.
??? LOL, why would I be butt hurt? I've been right so far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read