Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Saints Game: Schaub Grabs Helmet in Apparent Pain

...........after he took a knee to the helmet in the Saints game. He appeared to be in severe agony. So it was good to see him finally get up again.........and not leave the game with what could have very well been a reaction to concussion.

As it turns out, his in-helmet speaker went crazy and started blasting at unbearably high volume.

Don’t know if anyone ever brought this up or even had a sick feeling when it occurred.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saints Game: Schaub Grabs Helmet in Apparent Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...........after he took a knee to the helmet in the Saints game. He appeared to be in severe agony. So it was good to see him finally get up again.........and not leave the game with what could have very well been a reaction to concussion.

As it turns out, his in-helmet speaker went crazy and started blasting at unbearably high volume.

Don’t know if anyone ever brought this up or even had a sick feeling when it occurred.
Yup. Heard that yesterday Doc. Kinda funny when you think about it.
Old 09-29-2011   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Doc you ought to know better. That doesn't fit the Schaub is a pansy mantra.
Old 09-29-2011   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep .... started playing Justin Bieber .
Old 09-29-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering what happened there. It didn't seem like that hard a shot and he normally doesn't react like that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #6
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Wouldn't your first reaction be to take your helmet off instead clutching it in the fetal position?
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Wouldn't your first reaction be to take your helmet off instead clutching it in the fetal position?
I believe it is a penalty to remove your helmet on the field.
Old 09-29-2011   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Faking an injury to slow down the Saints? LOL.
Old 09-29-2011   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I was actually wondering if that was what it was, because he didn't take that hard of a hit.

I bet he had a "polite" little conversation with the equipment manager, after his ears stopped ringing, that is.
Old 09-29-2011   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Doc you ought to know better. That doesn't fit the Schaub is a pansy mantra.
yeah, no doubt. Don't forget that he must have that in-helmet speaker because he is incapable of calling plays or even audibles, too.
Old 09-29-2011   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's Schaub's explaination. He admits to trying to draw the flag. Who said it was the speakers in the helmet?

Quote:
“Well, I was just trying to; A, there was a little bit of a guy that came in there with his leg that kind of shocked me a little bit, but at the same time, that’s a point in the game that if you have something like that, that you’re trying to maybe get a flag come out and get a call, trying to do anything you can to move the chains.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-7d8468cd80e2
Old 09-29-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub was on the radio the other day and he said he hammed it up a bit and was trying to get a flag. He said "anything to help the team".

Now I caught it in mid interview so he may have been half joking, but i didn't hear anything about the ear piece. Just the hit and how it kinda hurt and how he was trying to sell it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Here's Schaub's explaination. He admits to trying to draw the flag. Who said it was the speakers in the helmet?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-7d8468cd80e2
Beat me to it.

If the texans just came out with this explanation it is spin.
Old 09-29-2011   #14
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I believe it is a penalty to remove your helmet on the field.
I'm just saying if there is a loud sound blasting through my helmet, the last thing in my mind would be about avoiding a penalty.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I'm just saying if there is a loud sound blasting through my helmet, the last thing in my mind would be about avoiding a penalty.
There was no loud sound and really that explanation doesn't make a lot of sense.

But you are right, if a sound in your ear is loud enough for you to grab your head and wince from the pain, you would at least pull your helmet up a little to get the ear piece from directly over your ear tunnel.

You can unbuckle your chin strap and pull your helmet up a little without getting a penalty.
Old 09-29-2011   #16
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I hadn't heard that, but when I saw it I thought it was something with the electronics based on his body language. He didn't look like he was foggy, he looked like I do when I turn on Pandora Radio on after I've had my IPod hooked up to my car at full volume.

That or I thought maybe he was pissed because he hasn't had one of those "Crazy Schaub" photos show up somewhere recently.
Old 09-29-2011   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep .... started playing Justin Bieber .
I don't think it was that bad. I didn't see Schaub jambing ice picks in his ears.
Old 09-29-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Faking an injury to slow down the Saints? LOL.
I didn't think he was faking, I thought he took another shot to the head, I saw two earlier, and was just sick & tired of the refs not calling it, so he was trying to draw attention to it.

I agree with what Michael Vick said, I don't agree with how he said it.

If there is anything I do not like about Kubiak's sideline demeanor, is that he doesn't light into the referees when we don't get the calls we should.

Now if a player unintentionally bumped my QBs helmet, that's another story. But Matt's been taking helmet to helmet contact, late hits, unnecessary roughness.... & Kubiak (as far as I know) doesn't say anything.

I think, it's just like basketball. If the coach cries about it, the referees will start looking for it. & you'll get the calls you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub was on the radio the other day and he said he hammed it up a bit and was trying to get a flag. He said "anything to help the team".

Now I caught it in mid interview so he may have been half joking, but i didn't hear anything about the ear piece. Just the hit and how it kinda hurt and how he was trying to sell it.
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 09-29-2011   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I didn't think he was faking ....
But now that he's admitted it, we can just end the thread now.
Old 09-29-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Justice reports:

Quote:
There was a scary moment in the fourth quarter when Matt Schaub went down hard and appeared to take a knee to the helmet. He stayed down a moment, his hands clutching his helmet as if he’d suffered a head injury.

Turns out, he was holding his head in pain of a different kind. He was being blown out of the helmet by a sound system that was screaming in his ears. Once the volume got turned down, he was fine.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read