Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2005   #1
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Browner

last time i checked browner was still available, unless he was taken in the 5th, but i don't know if the texans want to take a chance on him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

what do you mean take a chance. Whatever team he goes to will move him to FS and he will play in this league for 10 years. He is a ball hawk and will do very well in the right system, maybe our system hopefully a 7th round pick for us.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #3
canadiantexan
Veteran

This guy would complete our secondary nicely after learning the ropes.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah but didn't he have so personal problems and alot of illegal hits at Oregon State, and canadiantexan, were you at in canada
Old 04-24-2005   #5
MikeMc
All Pro

Quote:
yah but didn't he have so personal problems
Then he would be perfect for the team (considering this year's draft strategy!)
Old 04-24-2005   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

if he doesn't get drafted at all,does he go to FA?
Old 04-24-2005   #7
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
if he doesn't get drafted at all,does he go to FA?
yes he will be a free agent, i'm sure he is kicking himself right about now. he still had 2 years left. i for one am suprised i knew he wasn't a speedster but thought that he was very good and would have said atleast first day a few months ago. i guess he just scared to many people away.

Last edited by TexansCanes; 04-24-2005 at 07:37 PM.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2005   #8
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one think we should go for this guy hard as a FA. He produced plain and simple. He could be a great FS for us...much in the Coleman mold. I don't know why he didn't get drafted as a safety. Something must be up. Wish I knew what it was/is.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

agreed i think he should be brought in to compete for the back up FS position...maybe even jammal brimmer or butler
Old 04-24-2005   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

if know one even picks him up from FA ,can he go back to college, and start as a walkon freshman? sorry if its a stupid question but im new to the whole draft thing.
Old 04-24-2005   #11
Trapped
Veteran

he can't go back to Oregon St. to play football, he signed with an agent. Basically he took a gamble, and it didn't pay off, he can still go back to school though to get his degree or whatever, but playing football is out of the question.

I think he is the ideal FS for our team, he's basically Marcus Coleman Pt.2.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #12
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped
I think he is the ideal FS for our team, he's basically Marcus Coleman Pt.2.
Yeah I hear he is fairly physical and a pretty good tackler too. He could possibly grow into a SS if he added bulk. I did a little Message Board parusing on some OSU board and most thought he was given bad advice about comming out early...but that he was pretty good...there was some talk about him being stiff in the hips and getting burnt some...oh and that sometimes he would try and arm tackle...but overall he is a descent tackler.

He sounds like a solid safety prospect to me.
Old 04-24-2005   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

but what kind of percentage if there that someone will sign him, I like this guy and i just want to see him play some NFL football, maybe he will play in the CFL and show some teams that hes the real deal.
Old 04-24-2005   #14
texansfan88
All Pro

that really must suck to come out early and not get drafted
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

sucks more that he was projected to be a 1st-3rd round pick
Old 04-24-2005   #16
UberDork
Veteran

How about a conspiracy theory...

All the NFL got together and made an example out of him

Ha...JK
Old 04-25-2005   #17
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

hey if anybody hears anything about browner getting signed by any team, please let me know

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read