Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-28-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans to implement enhanced security screening beginning Sunday

Quote:
The Texans are implementing additional security screens at the gates beginning Sunday, according to a release by the team today.

I've read that the additional screening involves ankle-to-knee checks and the timing appears to be a reaction to the Cowboys fan that got a taser into Jets/Giants Stadium on opening weekend.

The current screenings add little from what I've seen over the years so I'm not a fan of the additional 'rigor.' Maybe I'd have a different opinion if we could see some data on what's being caught at the gates. I guess we know of at least one item that wasn't caught.

Here's an excerpt from the release by the Texans:

Continue reading on Examiner.com Texans to implement enhanced security screening beginning Sunday - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...#ixzz1ZIRc09MI
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to implement enhanced security screening beginning Sunday

After going threw this last week in New Orleans, you better make sure you leave your tailgate early enough to get to your seats before kickoff.

Whatever time you normally leave, leave 15 minutes earlier than that this week. It's still a very weak pat down but it does take them longer and the lines are longer.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Great!!!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome! Ill take it! Very happy to hear this.
Old 09-29-2011   #5
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Awesome! Ill take it! Very happy to hear this.
What? Now you wont be able to get in!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to spread the word that numerous unidentified "troublemakers" are planning on bringing tasers into the stadium hidden in yellow towels and that they'll be bringing a lot of them in to try and keep security from finding them.

Best just to take all of those before they come in to the stadium.
Old 12-19-2011   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

First time they used the "wands" at our gate.
Question: What are these things supposed to be looking for?
I had keys, change, a radio, a camera, extra batteries for the radio and camera, and a cellphone all on me and was never asked to show any of it. They waived the wand at me and let me in.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
First time they used the "wands" at our gate.
Question: What are these things supposed to be looking for?
I had keys, change, a radio, a camera, extra batteries for the radio and camera, and a cellphone all on me and was never asked to show any of it. They waived the wand at me and let me in.
Just wave your wand back and say in a loud voice "I am Speedy" and you will enhance (see what I did there?) your experience.
Old 12-19-2011   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just wave your wand back and say in a loud voice "I am Speedy" and you will enhance (see what I did there?) your experience.
And it's THAT that I actually get stopped for.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still no wands at Bud Plaza.

The numbskulls moved the scanning out farther from the fence, thereby requiring more security personnel to make sure nobody bypassed a screener.

Note to Security staff: Those Iron gates are a physical barrier that's harder to bypass and requires LESS personnel to accomplish the same task.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read