Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2011   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steelers beat writer: Texans will win

And goes on to explain why here.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steelers beat writer: Texans will win

1, Beat-up offensive line (and it's not comparable to the Saints o-line, either).

2. No run game. Non-existent.

3. Facing a pissed off Texans team, on the road.

That's the only three stats I need to list. Anything else is gravy.

This is the week Matt Schaub goes rabid zombie and takes out his frustrations on the Steelers. And if players drop balls they should catch, he should cuss them out in front of Reliant and everyone watching at home--I need Schaub to bust chops and demand his players make plays when he gets them the ball.
Old 09-28-2011   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
1, Beat-up offensive line (and it's not comparable to the Saints o-line, either).

This is the week Matt Schaub goes rabid zombie and takes out his frustrations on the Steelers. And if players drop balls they should catch, he should cuss them out in front of Reliant and everyone watching at home--I need Schaub to bust chops and demand his players make plays when he gets them the ball.
You gotta watch calling out your teammates too much because they could turn around and do the same thing to him when he misses a throw. Last thing you need on a team is infighting.
Old 09-28-2011   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

If Schaub can keep giving smug faces after TD passes, I'm good.

(I know y'all saw it after the Casey TD...)
Old 09-28-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

My thoughts also. Matt should have a great game and lead this team to solid victory.
Old 09-28-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
You gotta watch calling out your teammates too much because they could turn around and do the same thing to him when he misses a throw. Last thing you need on a team is infighting.
Not a person in here would appreciate their boss giving them a cussin in front of their coworkers, much less a self-proclaimed leader of a coworker, but somehow it is the right way for football players to act on TV.
Old 09-28-2011   #7
mugrakers
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 mugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not a person in here would appreciate their boss giving them a cussin in front of their coworkers, much less a self-proclaimed leader of a coworker, but somehow it is the right way for football players to act on TV.
yea because this world has become so PC that you can't even be called for letting everyone down.
mugrakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2011   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugrakers View Post
yea because this world has become so PC that you can't even be called for letting everyone down.
Yep. Apple dropped the ball.
Old 09-28-2011   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Not liking this. Everyone is picking the Texans including myself and all 3 guys on Inside the NFL.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
QBs have to possess this attitude of "It's OK when I screw up, it's not OK when YOU screw up." All the great ones have that attitude. Even when they screwed up, nobody made waves about it.

The QB touches the ball on every snap, the other guys don't. It's logical that a QB can be excused a few uh-oh's but a WR or a TE or a RB who gets a fraction of touches ought to make their touches count.

That's my rationalization of why a QB can carry a 'tude even if he messes up.

I've seen Matt yell at guys. I've seen him point at them and scowl, barking at them to do better next time. He doesn't do it much, he doesn't do it as a cop out of his own mistakes. But this Steelers game is URGENT. He has to make his guys know they can't punt and "be 'good to go' next time around..."
Old 09-29-2011   #11
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 7055 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not liking this. Everyone is picking the Texans including myself and all 3 guys on Inside the NFL.
Yes, it's a brave new world.

Thought we would lose the Saints game, and we did. Based on what I've seen this year, I'm quietly confident the Texans will win this game. These Texans are at least good enough to get to the postseason. I don't think we are a juggernaut, but if Foster improves the RZ offense and the D continues to get better, a very dangerous, streaky team.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #12
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That's it...We are doomed....
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
That's it...We are doomed....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Google "Tom Brady rant."

THAT is how QB's are supposed to act. If his players aren't getting it done, Matt should cuss out everybody and their mother if he has to. It is his team.

Specifically, at some point, Matt needs to call Jacoby Jones out IN PUBLIC and ON TELEVISION.

If Jacoby doesn't like it, well, tough shit. Matt could have him shipped out of here in five seconds if he has to.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Google "Tom Brady rant."

THAT is how QB's are supposed to act. If his players aren't getting it done, Matt should cuss out everybody and their mother if he has to. It is his team.

Specifically, at some point, Matt needs to call Jacoby Jones out IN PUBLIC and ON TELEVISION.

If Jacoby doesn't like it, well, tough shit. Matt could have him shipped out of here in five seconds if he has to.
I would have gone off on Ben Tate. That little swing pass that he "alligatored" in the fourth qtr (about 9:00 to go) could have kept the drive alive and got our defense some rest. The very next play was Schaub's INT which gave the Saints the ball on our side of the 50. Did I mention we still had the lead at that point?
Old 09-29-2011   #16
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Did I mention we still had the lead at that point?
Why was Kub passing so much? Hard to chew up the clock and nurse a lead when you're passing 90% of the quarter.
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSerial View Post
Why was Kub passing so much? Hard to chew up the clock and nurse a lead when you're passing 90% of the quarter.
I mentioned this in another thread.
We were pretty balanced going into the 4th quarter. Counting up the plays we were close to even on the run/pass ratio.
here's the ratio by possession....
1 - 5P/4R - TD (O.D.)
2 - 4P/3R - FG
3 - 4P/3R - punt
4 - 5P/0R - FG
5 - 1P/4R - FG
6 - 0P/1R - half
7 - 5P/6R - FG
8 - 2P/2R - TD (Casey)
9 - 2P/1R - 3-and-out
10- 3P/0R - INT
11- 7P/2R - TD (K.W.)

After this we were behind 40-33 and passed 5 straight times trying to play catchup.

Again, looking at the play-by-play Tate didn't get over two yards on any carry in the 4th qtr. Now was that because he was hurt? (I seem to recall him limping a bit at one point in the 4th) or gassed? ...or did the linemen or Tate do something that the Saints picked up on and could see when we were going to run?

Slaton was totally ineffective all game. Slaton wasn't seeing the holes or wasn't looking for them. I watched the game again, specifically looking at Slaton, and there were cut-back opportunities on at least three of his carries and he just ran up the backs of the linemen.

If the RBs aren't effective and you're behind by 7, what else is left but to pass.

Oh by the way, the Saints were pretty pass-happy too. Except when the play broke down for them, their QB could run around and buy time. Our QB just fell down.
Old 09-29-2011   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't say its right or its wrong but Drew Brees did it last week to his TE Jimmy Graham after the D. Manning interception. He chewed is a** out all the way to the sidelines.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Romo bitched out the whole offense Monday night and got things turned around.

Brady does it all the time

Brees does this as well

Don't see enough Packers games to know if Rodgers does it.

It is all part of being a leader.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #20
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Romo bitched out the whole offense Monday night and got things turned around.

Brady does it all the time

Brees does this as well

Don't see enough Packers games to know if Rodgers does it.
It is all part of being a leader.
He does.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read