Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: After three games, your expectations have:
Remained the Same - Texans will make the play-offs 85 81.73%
Increased a couple of games - Texans will make the play-offs 11 10.58%
Decreased a couple of games - Texans will miss the play-offs 5 4.81%
Remained the Same - Texans never had a chance to make the play-offs 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default After three games, your expectations have:

Just wanted to do a board check... this is going to be a poll, so wait for it.
Old 09-28-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After three games, your expectations have:

Until Kubiak proves me (and a lot of other Kubiak bashers around here) wrong, I am going to continue to assume and predict this is the year he finally turns it around.

If he doesn't though, I will be unsufferable around these parts.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm still on the "There's no way Kubiak can f*ck this up" bandwagon.
Old 09-28-2011   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Same..we will make it.
Old 09-28-2011   #5
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
lmao! same, yea i agree!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Same.

This team is a playoff team. Easily.
Old 09-28-2011   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is our year to finally make the playoffs. I will continue to believe until proven otherwise.
Old 09-28-2011   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Same - Yes, I was upset about the loss last week, and somehow that magically meant that I thought the Texans sucked to some, but not so.

I still have faith they will make the playoffs not only because I think this is a great team, but honestly......they would have to REALLY Rosencopter the season not to make the playoffs in this division.

In fact, this divison is so Chramin soft this year, I am almost tempted to say that just making the playoffs and then getting murdered in game 1 would not be enough.......but I digress.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much the same, still think we'll be good and win the division. Maybe I could say my expectations may have increased a little simply from the fact that the rest of our division looks a lot worse than I first thought.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #10
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know a lot of people on this board are up in arms about the loss last week. We learned last week that this offense is still just as explosive and deadly as almost any other teams. Our defense took a hhuge step back but just look at how green bay d (regarded as one of the best d in the nfl) faired agianst the saints. As the season wears on I feel this d will only get stronger because they will have more time getting to master wades d. So far this team has won the games they should and lost a tough road game to a really good team. I think this team has warranted a few more wins and we should really see how this team is after the next 3 weeks.
Old 09-28-2011   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

If he doesn't though, I will be unsufferable around these parts.
And that would be different..... how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
And that would be different..... how?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Honestly, I think a lot of folks are discounting the Possum Holler Hillbillies.

They are 2-1 and their defeated opponents are are combined 3-3.

Meanwhile the Texans are also 2-1 and their defeated opponents are combined 0-6.

So I'm definitely not in the "Even Kubiak can't screw this up."

I just can't understand why this team refuses to be the league's Cinderella story year after year.

A la Lions, Bills.

They refuse to take that next step into greatness. I liken them to a college kid who refuses to get a job and get off the parent's tit.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

They lost the game they where supposed to & won both they where favored to win so I guess they're still on track......

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Honestly, I think a lot of folks are discounting the Possum Holler Hillbillies.

They are 2-1 and their defeated opponents are are combined 3-3.

Meanwhile the Texans are also 2-1 and their defeated opponents are combined 0-6.

So I'm definitely not in the "Even Kubiak can't screw this up."

I just can't understand why this team refuses to be the league's Cinderella story year after year.

A la Lions, Bills.
They refuse to take that next step into greatness. I liken them to a college kid who refuses to get a job and get off the parent's tit.

Tut tut...

Don't make the Lions, Bills reference....I tried that already....it caused much sand in many places haha.

I would agree with you on the Titans, but I think they just got weaker with K. Britt going out at WR and CJ isn't really back up to par yet....he will be soon probably though for sure. Also, new head coach, we know the QB has injury issues, etc. What I am saying is they are taped together IMO and should fall apart soon enough.

Plus, I generally just hate them and refuse to give them any credit for anything even if they were 3-0 right now. It's bad enough I have to acknowledge they exist and see their fake ass ring of fame that includes HOUSTON OILERS not Bumblescum Mountain Hootinanies from Possum Squaller...bunch of banjo playing mother...........

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #16
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I've been occassionally saying the last couple of years that I believe the MLewis of the South. The overall record stays around 500 with occassional dips way below and occassional trips to the play-offs. I believe this will be the first occassional play-off trip. No turned corners here, but a winning year none-the-less. They make the play-offs
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think I am going to shock a few people, but this is still where I stand.
Old 09-28-2011   #18
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I've been occassionally saying the last couple of years that I believe the MLewis of the South. The overall record stays around 500 with occassional dips way below and occassional trips to the play-offs. I believe this will be the first occassional play-off trip. No turned corners here, but a winning year none-the-less. They make the play-offs
I sure hope not...
Old 09-28-2011   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

same, I figured we would lose in a shootout to the Saints. The Pittsburgh game could be a mind changer though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #20
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am expecting a couple more wins than I originally thought.

I was scared of the 1st 6 games, and thought the Texans would be lucky to be .500 at that point. I can see the them being 4-2 or 5-1 at this point. I also see them doing better by a game or two in division with the injuries/ineptitude.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read