Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2011   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steelers OL Definitely vulnerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
How did i miss that day?
It was magical.

I still have the Private Messages between he and I, as a permanent reminder of what happens when "family" come on here and try to talk football...and things go horribly off-track some day. It ain't pretty.

Through private messaging the guy, back before the fit hit the shan with David being released...I found out that David was lied to about who we would choose in the draft. They told David "We're taking Reggie Bush," but they turned around a day or so later and signed Mario early before the draft. David was lied to, and for good reason: Hell, his brother told ME what the Texans told David...so what if I had leaked it to the press somehow????????

Looking back on that, it was pretty bizarre. Once I learned that they lied to David, it dawned on me that David was not secure in his role as Texans QB. Yeah, we knew he was on a short leash...but that proved in a larger way that they could give two shits about what David Carr preferred for us on draft day.
Old 09-29-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...I found out that David was lied to about who we would choose in the draft. They told David "We're taking Reggie Bush," but they turned around a day or so later and signed Mario early before the draft. David was lied to, and for good reason:
It's not a lie to tell David they were going to sign Reggie Bush, They probably had every intention to. Shit happens, & you have to roll with it, That's life. They probably told David he was going to be a starting QB in this league for a long time.... shit happens.

I believe the Texans wanted to have a contract signed before they announced the pick at the draft, they were working that out, then hit a brick wall... moved to their second choice & the rest is history.

No lying about it.

As an aside, so what if we signed Reggie, how was that going to help David?

1. he proved to be ineffective as a starting RB. So it wouldn't have been any different than starting Wali Lundy.

2. Sage proved that even though we had issues with offensive personnel, the team did better with better production from the QB spot.
Old 09-29-2011   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's not a lie to tell David they were going to sign Reggie Bush, They probably had every intention to. Shit happens, & you have to roll with it, That's life. They probably told David he was going to be a starting QB in this league for a long time.... shit happens.

I believe the Texans wanted to have a contract signed before they announced the pick at the draft, they were working that out, then hit a brick wall... moved to their second choice & the rest is history.

No lying about it.
Yup. There were reports, I believe confirmed by Bush, that the Texans were in negotiations with Bush. They came before any word about negotiations with Mario. The sequence led to complaining by some around here that the Texans had only taken Mario because he was willing to take less money than Bush.

Last edited by infantrycak; 09-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #24
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we rehashing the Carr/Mario/Bush issue? To make it even, I'll mention VY

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2011   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Why are we rehashing the Carr/Mario/Bush issue? To make it even, I'll mention VY

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
I'll see your VY........and raise you Boselli........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are more dangerous than Ward at this point. They have a really, really talented wr corp. After the Saint game I'm sure all teams are going to spread us out and get us out of our base defense as much as possible. The Steelers have the wr's to pull it off. I'd just spread 'em out and dink and dunk in front of our awful man coverage.
I was just at home for lunch watching the 4th quarter of the Saints game on NFLN. The coverage on the last two drives were really soft. All of our DB's were 7 yards off the LOS and dropping at the snap. Basically handing them 10 yard gains. It's just sickening

One thing has bugged me since that game. A quote from Kubiak:

Quote:
We were more aggressive and they started spreading us out and throwing it a great deal. Then we had them backed up on the eight and we just didn’t play with the same aggression. You may give up a big play, but get up there and challenge the slant, challenge the short route
Am I the only one thinking WTF? Is this something they can't adjust mid-game? I think we all noticed how soft we were playing them. You can't play the f-in slant by having a 7 yard cushion. They couldn't tell them between series? Wade's vast experience didn't give him a hint that his D was getting burnt? Hell, scream from the sidelines.

It's a bunch of BS. I like Wade a lot, but I'll be the first to begin calling him out if we continue to see the type of secondary play....AGAIN!

My apologies for the rant.
Old 09-29-2011   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Am I the only one thinking WTF? Is this something they can't adjust mid-game? I think we all noticed how soft we were playing them. You can't play the f-in slant by having a 7 yard cushion. They couldn't tell them between series? Wade's vast experience didn't give him a hint that his D was getting burnt? Hell, scream from the sidelines.

It's a bunch of BS. I like Wade a lot, but I'll be the first to begin calling him out if we continue to see the type of secondary play....AGAIN!
I think he is criticizing Wade. I mean seriously this talk about this kind of talk being about the DB's refusing to do what they are told make no sense at all. If Wade is calling bump and run or tighter coverage and they don't do it two plays in a row you call a time out and light them up. This sounds like Kubiak 100% left the play calling to Wade trusting his judgment and then didn't like the result. Hopefully they'll talk it over and work it out.
Old 09-29-2011   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think he is criticizing Wade. I mean seriously this talk about this kind of talk being about the DB's refusing to do what they are told make no sense at all. If Wade is calling bump and run or tighter coverage and they don't do it two plays in a row you call a time out and light them up. This sounds like Kubiak 100% left the play calling to Wade trusting his judgment and then didn't like the result. Hopefully they'll talk it over and work it out.
Possibly, but if that was the case, where were Kubiaks balls to mention something to Wade? He's the head ball coach. I don't think we have the luxury in a 16 game season for them to work/talk through their differences.

But, like you, I hope they get it figured out quickly.

Another Ryans/Gilbride on the horizon?
Old 09-29-2011   #29
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Steelers OL Definitely vulnerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
He can take it for sure, but he is also prone to dropping the ball if you swipe at it. We've had good success with fumble sacks this year, I'm hoping that we can continue that with this game.
Just wondering, why don't our defensive backs ever do that?
Old 09-29-2011   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think you exactly correct. I watched that presser and was going to start a thread about it. Kubiak is sure talking to the press differently this year. While watching that vidio on HT.com I was thinking, Damn, is this the same Kubiak? He came off as being pissed to me and he might not have been throwing Wade under the bus but he damn sure bumped him off the curb. I expect to see some changes. Of course the changes will be tempered by the personel they have to impliment them. That's what I was refering to in another thread about perhaps seeing Harris on the field. Bump & press is his forté is it not?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I think you exactly correct. I watched that presser and was going to start a thread about it. Kubiak is sure talking to the press differently this year. While watching that vidio on HT.com I was thinking, Damn, is this the same Kubiak? He came off as being pissed to me and he might not have been throwing Wade under the bus but he damn sure bumped him off the curb. I expect to see some changes. Of course the changes will be tempered by the personel they have to impliment them. That's what I was refering to in another thread about perhaps seeing Harris on the field. Bump & press is his forté is it not?
I think he slipped, & tried to catch himself (didn't work).

Definitely not the 1 team Kubiak message we normally get.

I'm really surprised certain posters haven't made a big deal about it (yet)
Old 09-29-2011   #32
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think he slipped, & tried to catch himself (didn't work).

Definitely not the 1 team Kubiak message we normally get.

I'm really surprised certain posters haven't made a big deal about it (yet)
It seemed like to me that Wade was trying to run the prevent and run the clock out. We were taking away the long ball to force short throws and eat up the clock. The problem is Brees was too good for that.

I for one would like to see Kubes a little more emotional but I think they should have changed the scheme after the Saints walked it up the field on the first 4th quarter drive.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #33
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'll see your VY........and raise you Boselli........
You crack me up C&D!
Old 09-29-2011   #34
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are more dangerous than Ward at this point. They have a really, really talented wr corp. After the Saint game I'm sure all teams are going to spread us out and get us out of our base defense as much as possible. The Steelers have the wr's to pull it off. I'd just spread 'em out and dink and dunk in front of our awful man coverage.
I was surprised Wade didn't make changes. I figured a DC of his caliber would have started playing more tight man coverage and hit the receivers at the line to push them off their lines.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #35
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I was surprised Wade didn't make changes. I figured a DC of his caliber would have started playing more tight man coverage and hit the receivers at the line to push them off their lines.
I think the head coach agrees.

I was kinda looking for that as well. So was Kubiak from his post game presser:

Linky from HT.com:

First comment @ about the 1:12 mark. Listen close again starting @ 2:30.

The 3:55 mark. GK ain't happy. 6 out of 8 first downs, the shortest being 8 yards. He's pissed.

He didn't moan about the PI on AJ @ the 5:00 point.

This is a different HC to me. I don't recall him ever being so candid in the past.

If you haven't watched it, might wanna check it out here.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read