Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2011   #21
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans a legitimate threat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Texans are in no position to overlook anyone. Everyone team is a legitimate threat. I would not count out the Titans because they always play a tough physical game.
The Texans play three consecutive games against smashmouth teams.
These teams give the Texans, especially Schaub, a lot.of trouble.

If they'll fold like a cheap suit against the Saints, what will they do
against the Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Jags(twice), Titans(twice),
and Panthers(Cam Newton, Steve Smith, and their duo of RB's
with 13 games under their belt. Before you laugh, remember that Newton
bring a lot more to the table than Tim Tebow, who the Texans made look
like John Elway.)
Old 09-27-2011   #22
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What was their biggest weakness?

I think it was QB. I think Hasselbeck is an upgrade. I still think they are dangerous. Hasselbeck's biggest weakness is his ability to stay healthy.

Other than that, you've got a veteran team that knows how to win with a rookie headcoach...

& the thing to remember, is not whether they are better than us, but can they win more games on their schedule than we can. Our schedules are practically the same, They already beat jacksonville @ jacksonville. They played the Broncos & we've got the Raiders coming up. They play the Bills, we already beat Miami. They already beat Baltimore, we've got Baltimore coming up.

I think they can win 10 games.
you sure about that one? You might want to go back and double check that.

Look everybody is freaking out over one loss to a elite team on the road. Pump the brakes a little bit and relax. This is still Houston's division to lose and all they have to do is win their divisional games. The Titans are already down 0-1 in the division. Houston's finishes with a better divisional record and they should hold all the tie breakers that really matter.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

like John Elway.)
The Jags average 10 points a week, not worried at all about them. They have no offense. Raiders can score, but also give up a lot of points.. should be a fun game. Steelers are not the same steelers, Titans are too inconsistent..at worst we split with them. Panthers can't win a game even when their rook throws for 400+ yards.

Again people are shell shocked from last season. We lost to a damn good team last week. Houston wasn't going 16-0 this season, I had that NOLA game checked as a loss all offseason. If they lose next week, I'll start to worry....but even then I'm not going to freak out. Nobody is running away with this division.
Old 09-27-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

We need "Bernie the Wolf" at Cordial Discourse which can be found at Prodigy!! He is also more available (for those of us a little more in tune with current communications) on Twitter at @BernieTheWolf

Just don't call him a knobgobbler or a choad.... Bernie lives with his mom in Jacksonville and is very, very sensitive.

Bernie's NFL draft talk is second to none!!!
Old 09-27-2011   #25
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #26
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

like John Elway.)
You're right, the Texans have always had problems against the Raiders. The Ravens are just going to embarrass the Texans who will whimper at their feet just like Last season.

As for the Jags and Titans...Texans don't have a shot against such dominating and physical defenses.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #27
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The Jags average 10 points a week, not worried at all about them. They have no offense. Raiders can score, but also give up a lot of points.. should be a fun game. Steelers are not the same steelers, Titans are too inconsistent..at worst we split with them. Panthers can't win a game even when their rook throws for 400+ yards.

Again people are shell shocked from last season. We lost to a damn good team last week. Houston wasn't going 16-0 this season, I had that NOLA game checked as a loss all offseason. If they lose next week, I'll start to worry....but even then I'm not going to freak out. Nobody is running away with this division.
LOL! So funny how, ever year, we dismiss Jacksonville, and nearly every year they punch us in the mouth - often twice.

Somehow, every single year, Jack DelRio knows how to punch Kubiak in his gonads.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2011   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
LOL! So funny how, ever year, we dismiss Jacksonville, and nearly every year they punch us in the mouth - often twice.

Somehow, every single year, Jack DelRio knows how to punch Kubiak in his gonads.
Umm....will you please show me where Jacksonville "punched us in the mouth", because that simply never happened last season and barely happened in seasons past. They might win a game, but we never got "punched in the mouth". Losing on a freak Hail Mary play is NOT getting "punched in the mouth".

More often than not when there's a "punch to the mouth" between these two teams it's Houston throwing the punch. (See Houston absolutely steamrolling Jacksonville with their playoff lives on the line.) Obviously we have a different definition of being punched to the mouth.

Jacksonville is nothing to fear this season. They flat out CAN'T score points.
Old 09-28-2011   #29
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans are obviously the biggest threat to the Texans in the division. I think Jacksonville will still be a tough out for Houston just going off history but they won't be consistent to challenge for the division.

Tenn has three things going for them: competent QB play, a pretty easy schedule, and a solid defense

Hasselbeck has played much better than I expected when he was signed. I thought he'd come in and make a play or two when it was needed but more or less manage the game. He has won both games for Tenn and will this Sunday if they pull it out. The loss of Britt is killer for him, but if the nature of the offense in the first three games tells us anything it is that this staff is much more likely to shift gameplans than the last. The running game isn't working so they go vertical instead of ramming CJ into 8- and 9-man fronts 25-30 times. With Britt out I think they cut back on the vertical game and turn into a little more of a west-coast style passing game. Washington has looked great the first three games, he's catching everything and he and Hasselbeck seem to be on the same page. Sure, the defenses have been keying on Britt which opens up things for Washington, and now defenses will key Washington as the only real threat. But he is taylor-made for a slot receiver, like Mason, so if Tenn doesn't try and use him like Britt (as I'm sure Heimerdinger would have) ad designs the offense to his strengths I think he can suffice.

I fully believe CJ to return to form in the near future. We'll see if the loss of Ahmard Hall was a real excuse next weekend at Pitt. IMO, its not all CJ. He surely is hurting from missing TC but the full blame cannot be placed on him. The line simply isn't opening up holes for him (or anybody) right now. He is consistently getting hit in the backfield. He's a patient runner, sometimes too patient, and he has no time to read the defense after the handoff.

Hasselbeck will come back to earth and CJ will improve, so the offense will balance itself.

As for the defense, I think their high rankings right now are misleading. They have done very well in the second half so far, which is promising, but they haven't played a real juggernaut offense either. What's nice is they really don't play many great offenses this season outside of Hou and New Orleans. They are doing well in the redzone which is kind of skewing those points allowed numbers. I think the first real test for them will be Hou after the bye.

So there's the novel, but in short I don't think Tenn should be a real legitimate threat to take the division. If Hou plays the way their talent says they should they should have a safe 2 or 3 game lead once the second meeting rolls around. But I'm with Toronto and a lot of you in that I just don't trust Kubiak one bit.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #30
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Titans are a legitimate threat. Despite their appearance on paper, tumultuous offseason and prediction of landing in the AFC South's cellar by many, they have found ways to win against legitimate threats.

Great teams don't overlook ANY opponent. You start feeling comfortable enough to overlook an opponent, you find yourself hoping the jets lose to their week 17 opponent. Overlooking here, taking for granted there... it adds up to squandered opportunities.

the general premise behind a team like the Patriots, IMHO is instead of overlooking a team, they attempt to step on their throat. Even then, a perfect season does not make.... however I'd rather see my team fall 1 game short of perfection than 1 game short of a playoff appearance.
Old 09-28-2011   #31
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Any team on our schedule is a legitimate threat IMO.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #32
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
You're right, the Texans have always had problems against the Raiders. The Ravens are just going to embarrass the Texans who will whimper at their feet just like Last season.

As for the Jags and Titans...Texans don't have a shot against such dominating and physical defenses.
Thanks for saying that you agree with me, but for clarity, I've bolded your opinion
so that it will not be confused with mine.
Old 09-28-2011   #33
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

15 consecutive runs for 11 first downs, to close out a game ring a bell?
Old 09-28-2011   #34
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Mods please put this in NFL I do not know who this gu is talking about and I know it i not Texans talk
Old 09-28-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
The Titans are obviously the biggest threat to the Texans in the division. I think Jacksonville will still be a tough out for Houston just going off history but they won't be consistent to challenge for the division.
I'm not discounting anybody. We always underate Jacksonville, We didn't think they could possibly finish with a better record than us, when their secondary was just as suspect as ours. Yet they beat us (once) & they won 8 games, beating teams we were severely overmatched against (Cowboys, Denver) & they beat the Colts with regularity, it's not as big a deal to them when they beat the Colts, like it is with us.

Indy, their just learning how to play without Peyton & they just might figure it out, before it's too late. We may "think" Peyton was the whole team, but they're pretty solid & it's just a matter of time.
Old 09-28-2011   #36
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Look everybody is freaking out over one loss to a elite team on the road. Pump the brakes a little bit and relax. This is still Houston's division to lose and all they have to do is win their divisional games. The Titans are already down 0-1 in the division. Houston's finishes with a better divisional record and they should hold all the tie breakers that really matter.
Could it be Texan fans getting over pumped about 2 wins, one against Luck's new team the Astros of the NFL. Remember we still have the same head coach. At this time we are as big an unknown as the Titans. OF COURSE they are a legitimate threat, as are the Jags.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Could it be Texan fans getting over pumped about 2 wins, one against Luck's new team the Astros of the NFL. Remember we still have the same head coach. At this time we are as big an unknown as the Titans. OF COURSE they are a legitimate threat, as are the Jags.
I don't think so. We were looking at a defense that knew what it was doing those first two games. Heck all the way into the 4th Qtr in the third.

If you can possibly forget everything about the last 5 years, what we did against the Saints isn't any different than what the Patriots did against the Bills.

That is not to say that I think we are the Patriots or any such thing, I'm only saying this is the NFL & it happens. I'd be on your side, if this happened to us against the Bills & Ryan FitzPatrick, but it wasn't.

Coaching issues aside, I think Sunday's game was the measuring stick we thought it was going to be. Now I'm just waiting to see how the Texans respond.
Old 09-28-2011   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they're the worst team in the NFL, and they are the second best team in AFC South, but there is no way they SHOULD beat us. Not saying it can't happen, but if we do our jobs they lack the talent we have.
Old 09-28-2011   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
We are not in a position to over look anyone.
This.

While I still believe we will take the division and get a home playoff game this year, I am still cautious of the fact that Kubiak is still the head coach. I've said it before and I'll say it again, anything from a 6-10 to a 12-4 season should surprise no one with good knowlege of the Texans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #40
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I don't think they're the worst team in the NFL, and they are the second best team in AFC South, but there is no way they SHOULD beat us. Not saying it can't happen, but if we do our jobs they lack the talent we have.

Agreed. I think this about almost every team we play. Just lack the finishing ability.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read