Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2011   #1
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans a legitimate threat?

Though it is all setup for us to win the AFC south this year, are we counting are eggs before they hatch?

Hasselback is doing an above average job in Tenesse and though he hasn't done it yet, CJ is liable to break one at any given series.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #2
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans a legitimate threat?

Their biggest deep threat Kenny Britt has a torn ACL and MCL in his
right knee and will miss the rest of the season.
Old 09-27-2011   #3
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Their biggest deep threat Kenny Britt has a torn ACL and MCL in his
right knee and will miss the rest of the season.
Correct, but I think they still have enough weapons to at least be not over-looked.
Old 09-27-2011   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too early to count them out. They looked great against Baltimore, but looked pretty mediocre weeks 1 and 3. Sort of the opposite season of Baltimore. CJ2YPC has looked bad, and Britt being out has to sting, but the D has looked pretty impressive.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #5
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

We are not in a position to over look anyone.
Old 09-27-2011   #6
tielahr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
We are not in a position to over look anyone.
I think were due a little credit and can safely say that 9/10 times we'd destroy the Colts this season. So i'd over look that game along with the Bengals.
Old 09-27-2011   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tielahr View Post
legitimate threat?
Damned straight ..... they are division enemies, we must smash them from kickoff to final whistle. Twice.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2011   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we a legitimate threat?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #9
tielahr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I would hope so.
Old 09-27-2011   #10
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
touché, Sir.
Old 09-27-2011   #11
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think were due a little credit and can safely say that 9/10 times we'd destroy the Colts this season. So i'd over look that game along with the Bengals.
Wrong. Not to be a downer but I don't think we deserve a lick of credit. Make it to the playoffs, and at least put up a good fight while there....then I'll give credit. But then again I'm just jaded from too many years believing the hype and drinking the Kool aid. The Texans can't overlook any team, anytime, anywhere.

Do they have the talent to hang with anyone? I believe so.

Are they disciplined enough to play to their potential? I'm not buying just yet, so I'll just sit back, watch, and see how it all plays out.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans are in no position to overlook anyone. Everyone team is a legitimate threat. I would not count out the Titans because they always play a tough physical game.
Old 09-27-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Though it is all setup for us to win the AFC south this year, are we counting are eggs before they hatch?

Hasselback is doing an above average job in Tenesse and though he hasn't done it yet, CJ is liable to break one at any given series.
What was their biggest weakness?

I think it was QB. I think Hasselbeck is an upgrade. I still think they are dangerous. Hasselbeck's biggest weakness is his ability to stay healthy.

Other than that, you've got a veteran team that knows how to win with a rookie headcoach...

& the thing to remember, is not whether they are better than us, but can they win more games on their schedule than we can. Our schedules are practically the same, They already beat jacksonville @ jacksonville. They played the Broncos & we've got the Raiders coming up. They play the Bills, we already beat Miami. They already beat Baltimore, we've got Baltimore coming up.

I think they can win 10 games.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 09-27-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, they lost to Jacksonville in Jacksonville
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #14
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

After 3 games the Titans have the number one defense in the NFL. Not sure what that means considering who they've played.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #15
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
After 3 games the Titans have the number one defense in the NFL. Not sure what that means considering who they've played.
I think they are a solid team. Obviously losing Britt hurts a lot, but with Hasselbeck playing well they have a chance in every game. Especially if CJ returns to top form.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #16
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Where have I heard that before?
Old 09-27-2011   #17
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt anyone really knows what to make of the Titans...

What is clear is that solid competent QB play makes a big difference.

The defense is also much more aggressive and playing (IMO) smarter than last year.

Obviously no Britt hurts - but there is depth at WR/TE for them, and if CJ does round into shape, the dimension of the team changes again.

The Texans should win the division, but I have absolutely no faith in your Head Coach.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think theyare very good .... they lost to Jax who .... sucks , beat a good Ravens team who was coming off an emotional win at Pit and beat a piss poor Denver team ..... I could see them at 2-1 after 3 games but dont see them keeping that kind of pace up.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Like my point earlier in other threads where people are cat-fighting.... THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!
Old 09-27-2011   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

titans??? hell can we sweep the jags
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read