Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2011   #1
Whostoned Texan
FNG

Rep Power: 0 Whostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3 - 1???

Yep FNG here lol. I wanted to take this time to introduce myself and say hello to all you Texans fans out there. Houston native, currently working out in Afghanistan . Got the chance to go to the opening game this year and loved every minute of it. Im a long time lurker, but finally took the time to sign up and show support, so take it easy on me guys and gals lol.

Ok with that out of the way, on to the football talk. If you had to choose only one thing. What would you say is the key to us beating the Steelers next week and getting one step closer to not ending up with a 5-7 record through 12.

I want to say Redzone offense improvement, but I think with the return of Foster that should no longer be an issue. So I think Im going to go with the defense forcing more 3 and outs and getting the hell off the field. So they wont be so "gassed" come fourth quarter. Lets Little Ben on his @$$ and give the O a chance to put up about 45 lol. Thanks for any warm (and not so warm) welcomes before hand.

HOU 31 PIT 17
Whostoned Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #2
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 - 1???

Welcome and thank you,for your service.
Old 09-27-2011   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the Zoo.

Also Thank You for what you do.
Old 09-27-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board Whostoned Texan, and thanks for your service.

As to the game, I have high confidence we'll take the Steelers. By how much depends on the defense. I think the Texans offense can score 24 to 30 points on the Steelers. How much of that the Steelers offense gets back remains a mystery to me at this point, but in the end, I honestly believe we'll be 3-1 after Sunday's game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #5
Whostoned Texan
FNG

Rep Power: 0 Whostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you guys for the welcome, let me say that everyone over here appreciates your continued love, prayers, and support . I really think that after watching PITs oline struggle against the Colts, our front 7 is due for a hell of a game. Im worried about a possible KJAX matchup against Wallace...well anyone actually lol. But that should be countered with constant pressure on Ben, maybe we can have a 5 sack 2 pick game lol. Looking for a decisive win against a quality team that isnt playing all that great atm.
Old 09-27-2011   #6
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our D will have a hell of a game. The Steelers O-line is garbage!
We will keep them from scoring (as the Colts did-but we'll actually win).

Which branch you in?? I'm AF in NJ.
Old 09-27-2011   #7
Whostoned Texan
FNG

AIRPOWER lol.. I actually got out of the Marine Corp in 2005 and have been contracting all over the Middle East since then, just completed my first year here in Kandahar Afghanistan.

I agree I think our defense will have a monster showing, lets hope that its individual and "TEAM" stats. I have no doubt that the offense will continue to impress, with Foster back those Redzone FG's will turn into 7 without a doubt.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2011   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostoned Texan View Post
AIRPOWER lol.. I actually got out of the Marine Corp in 2005 and have been contracting all over the Middle East since then, just completed my first year here in Kandahar Afghanistan.

I agree I think our defense will have a monster showing, lets hope that its individual and "TEAM" stats. I have no doubt that the offense will continue to impress, with Foster back those Redzone FG's will turn into 7 without a doubt.
I know a bunch of guys who have gotten out and done that.
I've spent enough time over there for real so I'm good staying here!!

Go TEXANS!!
Old 09-27-2011   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome man, and thanks for what you do. I agree with you on Foster being back will help cure the redzone issues. Sunday was eerily reminiscent of the 2009 redzone debacle. There's little doubt he makes a huge impact in that area. Hopefully that's what puts us over the hump for a win against the Steelers.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostoned Texan View Post
Yep FNG here lol. I wanted to take this time to introduce myself and say hello to all you Texans fans out there. Houston native, currently working out in Afghanistan . Got the chance to go to the opening game this year and loved every minute of it. Im a long time lurker, but finally took the time to sign up and show support, so take it easy on me guys and gals lol.

Ok with that out of the way, on to the football talk. If you had to choose only one thing. What would you say is the key to us beating the Steelers next week and getting one step closer to not ending up with a 5-7 record through 12.

I want to say Redzone offense improvement, but I think with the return of Foster that should no longer be an issue. So I think Im going to go with the defense forcing more 3 and outs and getting the hell off the field. So they wont be so "gassed" come fourth quarter. Lets Little Ben on his @$$ and give the O a chance to put up about 45 lol. Thanks for any warm (and not so warm) welcomes before hand.

HOU 31 PIT 17

Now THAT is how you introduce yourself here.

C'mon in, grab a brew. It don't cost nuthin

Old 09-27-2011   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the world of Texans turmoil .

Running the ball and getting to Big Ben before he hits Wallace running by the turnstile . The bad news is I've got Wallace on 2 teams in FF and wouldn't mind a couple of 80 yard TDs .

Maybe it's just me but does anybody else think that they've seen this movie before ? I'm not sure but I get the feeling they better win this game or I'll know I've seen this more than " A Christmas Story " , Kubiak is Ralphie .

They better win some games between Oakland , Pittsburg , Baltimore , Tampa Bay , and Atlanta . If they go 4 and 1 then they are a top 3 AFC team . If it's 2 and 3 then we are the Seahawks of 2011 and Kubiak gets another extension cause they make the playoffs at 8-8 .
Old 09-27-2011   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Devil Dog! 1970 -73 for me. Glad you do those things you do.As for Steeler game, I want to see improvement in all areas we were deficient in against Aints.
#1 want to see Matt more on target.
#2 want to see another back to spell Tate & give another worry to opponent.
#3 want to see Brandon Harris @ #2 corner.
#4 want to see Mario take over a game.
#5 want to see Troy Nolan get another INT.

I believe we can look forward to high production from our O. again. Not impossible to see our APG go up to 30+.
Old 09-27-2011   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Welcome to the world of Texans turmoil .

Running the ball and getting to Big Ben before he hits Wallace running by the turnstile . The bad news is I've got Wallace on 2 teams in FF and wouldn't mind a couple of 80 yard TDs .

Maybe it's just me but does anybody else think that they've seen this movie before ? I'm not sure but I get the feeling they better win this game or I'll know I've seen this more than " A Christmas Story " , Kubiak is Ralphie .

They better win some games between Oakland , Pittsburg , Baltimore , Tampa Bay , and Atlanta . If they go 4 and 1 then they are a top 3 AFC team . If it's 2 and 3 then we are the Seahawks of 2011 and Kubiak gets another extension cause they make the playoffs at 8-8 .

Interesting. Time to reserve the texansturmoil.com URL?

Nothing but all day long.
Old 09-27-2011   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

2-2 ????????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
2-2 ????????
Norg is a Debbie Downer??????
Old 09-27-2011   #16
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16893 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Nothing but all day long.
Don't we already have that here?
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had to pick one thing , it would be better coverage directly after the snap. Jam some recievers rather than giving up the short routes by giving 7-10 yard cushions , buying the front seven time to get to Ben and put him on his ass.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Norg is a Debbie Downer??????

At least he didn't suggest 1-3..
Old 09-27-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
At least he didn't suggest 1-3..
D'oh!!!!

Welcome Whostoned! Thanks for your service!
Old 09-27-2011   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome and thanks for your service!

I'm not absolutely convinced Arian solves our red zone issues. I hope he does but I need to see it. But whatever our RZ issues are, I think Dennison can get it worked out. He worked it out last year.

Prior to the start of the season, this was a game I wouldn't have been surprised for us to lose. After what I've seen the first three games... I now expect to win this game.

I think Roethlisburger is in for a long day. And although I'm worried about the Steeler blitzes, I think we can knock them back with our run game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read