Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Pain Killing Injections

Just a question.

Why are "pain killing injections" legal but "performance enhancing drugs" aren't?

Keep in mind, performance enhancing drugs include drugs that aid in weight loss & aids the body in recovery.
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pain Killing Injections

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just a question.

Why are "pain killing injections" legal but "performance enhancing drugs" aren't?

Keep in mind, performance enhancing drugs include drugs that aid in weight loss & aids the body in recovery.
I am sure Brian Cushing wonders the same thing.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always wondered this. I think the simplest (and unfortunately, dumbest) answer is that it keeps star players on the field for the fans to watch.

The fact is, it is performance enhancing. But I think the logic is that if the players are in so much pain they have to have a painkiller, it can't possibly heighten their performance from their uninjured state.

You know, integrity of the game, yada yada yada...all that stuff that Congress should be letting the leagues decide while they work on actual important matters.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe you have a misconception. Drugs are on the banned list because they either enhance performance like steroids or are used as adjuncts to prepare or recover from steroids for example the hcg Cushing tested positive for. Weight loss and supplements aren't banned. There is a list of those the players shouldn't use because they contain drugs on the banned list Most weight loss and supplements are totally fine with the NFL. There is also an approved list. That's where the Williams got in trouble. They took a supplement which contained a banned substance but was not listed on the label but it also wasn't on the approved list so the NFL said "well you took the chance."
Old 09-29-2011   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a question.

Umm, I don't know...because it doesn't "enhance your normal playing ability".

Cocaine and advil both kill pain also, but one gives you superior strength. See where I'm going with this? I'm not about to throw advil in the same class as a illegal drug and I'm not going to include some simple everyday used cortizone shot in the same class as illegal P.E.D's

Hell without cortizone shots teams wouldn't be able to field a sufficient squad for a entire season.....the league can easily get by without P.E.D's. That's enough difference alone.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-29-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Cocaine and advil both kill pain killers too, but one gives you superior strength.
Superior strength!?!?! I need to buy more Advil.
Old 09-30-2011   #7
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I believe you have a misconception. Drugs are on the banned list because they either enhance performance like steroids or are used as adjuncts to prepare or recover from steroids for example the hcg Cushing tested positive for. Weight loss and supplements aren't banned. There is a list of those the players shouldn't use because they contain drugs on the banned list Most weight loss and supplements are totally fine with the NFL. There is also an approved list. That's where the Williams got in trouble. They took a supplement which contained a banned substance but was not listed on the label but it also wasn't on the approved list so the NFL said "well, wait until you retire and then we'll ban you."
FIFY (well, for one of them anyway)
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2011   #8
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

the injections are more harmful
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been asking this for years.

If I can't run and then get an injection to kill my pain and it allows me to urn, that -- to me -- is performance enhancing.

(And the HCG that Cushing was suspended for is also widely used as a weight-loss supplement.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read