Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kenny Britt done for the season (ACL)

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...y-Britt-season

Quote:
Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season, Coach Mike Munchak confirmed this afternoon.

Britt, the team's best skill player through the first two games of the season, was injured in the second quarter of Sunday's win over the Broncos at LP Field.

Confirming The Tennessean's report, Munchak also said Britt suffered a torn MCL and would have surgery within a week. The coach said Britt is a “special guy” and will be hard to replace.

“It is very unfortunate for all of us,” Munchak said.
I swear if we don't win the division we will be a laughing stock.
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kenny Britt done for the season (ACL)

6-0 in the division this year!
Old 09-26-2011   #3
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Said this in another thread. It will take a special effort to lose this division. Either that or a major injury bug.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

well, that sucks...for them, thats all I will say on the subject. hate to revel in others misery, bad mojo.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
6-0 in the division this year!
4-2 market it down.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
4-2 market it down.
After the way the Titans beat the Ravens, don't take the Titans lightly. Much more of a team than just Britt.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
After the way the Titans beat the Ravens, don't take the Titans lightly. Much more of a team than just Britt.
Yes, I am counting in 1 loss to the Titans and 1 more vs either the Colts or Jags.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I already posted this in TexansTalk:

This may illustrate why I have had so much concern over Foster's hamstring injury and how he has and/or has been pushed to return to play. Hamstring injuries that are not fully healed set players up for all sorts of other major injuries

This was written just a couple of days before the game yesterday where Britt tore his ACL/MCL (on the right, same side as his hamstring problem).

Quote:
Britt says hamstring again a concern
September 21, 2011 by JOHN GLENNON, The Tennessean

Wide receiver Kenny Britt was listed as a limited participant in Wednesday’s practice after he said he felt tightness in his hamstring.

The Titans’ official injury report listed Britt as having a thigh injury, but Britt said it was his hamstring. That could be cause for concern, considering Britt missed games last season, as well as training camp and most of the preseason this year, because of hamstring injuries.

“Going out there in that first period of seven-on-seven, it kept on getting tighter and tighter, and it wouldn’t loosen up for me,” Britt said. “I got a little scared so I backed down.”

Britt, who had 14 catches for 271 yards and three touchdowns in the first two games, said he thought he was past the point of worrying about the hamstring.

“I really did (think I was past it),” Britt said. “I hadn’t felt nothing since I’ve been back. It’s been feeling great and wonderful every time I got on the field and today, I don’t know what it was.”

Coach Mike Munchak didn’t seem concerned about the injury, saying he thought Britt would be back on the practice field Thursday.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a shame.
Old 09-27-2011   #10
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I already posted this in TexansTalk:

This may illustrate why I have had so much concern over Foster's hamstring injury and how he has and/or has been pushed to return to play. Hamstring injuries that are not fully healed set players up for all sorts of other major injuries

This was written just a couple of days before the game yesterday where Britt tore his ACL/MCL (on the right, same side as his hamstring problem).
That's a good point, Cloak
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Kenny Britt is a great player. This is unfortunate for him and the Titans.
Old 09-27-2011   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all me. I drafted on my fantasy team:

Britt(ACL)
Miles Austin(Hammy)
Foster(Hammy)
Dwayne Bowe(retired...?)
Olsen(replaced by shocky)
Mercadies Lewis(hammy/bad qb play)
Packers D (injuries/bad play)
Falcons D (Dumbta/bad play)
Turner (1 good game, rest stinkers)
MJD (Bad qb play)

I am the death knell.
Old 09-27-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
It's all me. I drafted on my fantasy team:

Britt(ACL)
Miles Austin(Hammy)
Foster(Hammy)
Dwayne Bowe(retired...?)
Olsen(replaced by shocky)
Mercadies Lewis(hammy/bad qb play)
Packers D (injuries/bad play)
Falcons D (Dumbta/bad play)
Turner (1 good game, rest stinkers)
MJD (Bad qb play)

I am the death knell.
Wow, that's quite a list. Swap MJD for JC and you might have the worst team ever.
Old 09-27-2011   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Which is funny, cause I was super jacked after my draft.Felt like I got a bunch of steals.
Old 09-27-2011   #15
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read