Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jacoby Jones is BAD

the guy is barely servicable as a number 3. he doesnt know how to play the wr position, doesnt find the open zones doesnt come back to the ball and has horrible hands.

LOL...

I'm not laughing at you...It's just that everytime I hear Jacoby and small hands I think about the guy from the commercial....

hmmmm well he is night and day, one game he will make 5 big time highlight reel plays, and then the next 2 games he is nowhere to be seen.

hmmmm well he is night and day, one game he will make 5 big time highlight reel plays, and then the next 2 games he is nowhere to be seen.

That's JJ. He's a wasted roster spot if you ask me. I like a good return TD as much as the next guy but you got to waste that roster sport for 16 games to get two or three performances out of him. The rest of the time he might as well be on IR for all it matters.

Vinny was talking about the lack of a legitimate #2 opposite Andre Johnson and while I appreciate the things KW & JJ do neither one should be better than 3rd on the depth chart at best.

That's JJ. He's a wasted roster spot if you ask me. I like a good return TD as much as the next guy but you got to waste that roster sport for 16 games to get two or three performances out of him. The rest of the time he might as well be on IR for all it matters.

Vinny was talking about the lack of a legitimate #2 opposite Andre Johnson and while I appreciate the things KW & JJ do neither one should be better than 3rd on the depth chart at best.
I would say they ARE no better than 3rd on the depth chart and maybe even 4th.. OD is very arguably #2 and with the emergence of Casey, he could be a legitimate #3-ish. Both are more dynamic in the open field than KW and both have better hands(most of the time)than Jacoby. An asset like Casey can serve the same purpose as a #2 that can stretch the field, only he'll draw D's in closer so AJ can get open deeper.

Jacoby & Walter were a little nicked up. What's bad, is our depth at WR....... Bryant Johnson, David Anderson.

That's why Casey had a 126 yard recieving game.

Jacoby & Walter were a little nicked up. What's bad, is our depth at WR....... Bryant Johnson, David Anderson.

Damn. And here I was thinking he was a weapon. Just another fill in whil KW develops some flair and JJ devolops some WR moves that resemble his PR skills.

Jacoby's contribution is his speed, and that was negated by his injured knee. A slow Jacoby is a practice-squad-caliber Jacoby.

I don't agree with that.

Casey made plays because he took advantage if his match up and made things happen. The lack if receiving depth has nothing to do with him having a good day IMO.

we need to draft a big physical WR that AJ can begin grooming. i was hoping that would be Dickerson but i was wrong. Maybe this years draft !

we need to draft a big physical WR that AJ can begin grooming. i was hoping that would be Dickerson but i was wrong. Maybe this years draft !

In another thread I joked that we should go the ATL route and mortgage our draft to move up for Blackmon.....

I now think I was only halfway joking...

Who's
Michael%2BJackson%2BBad2.jpg

BAD

Our lack of a solid no.2 is going to hurt us throughout the year. The rank of receiving options are

1. Andre Johnson
2. Owen Daniels
3. James Casey
4. Arian Foster

Then Jacoboy/ Walters.

Hoping we pick up a WR in the first round in the draft (Jeffery, Blackmon).

In another thread I joked that we should go the ATL route and mortgage our draft to move up for Blackmon.....

I now think I was only halfway joking...

well i think there is a couple of really good WRs coming out this year, i dont think we would need to give up to much to get a good one.

well i think there is a couple of really good WRs coming out this year, i dont think we would need to give up to much to get a good one.

There are 2 elite ones in Blackmon and Alshon Jeffery. Then there are a few really solid wrs in Fuller, Floyd and possibly Sanu/Broyles

Signed,

Mario Williams

IF we're going to play this sort of game....then I fixed it for ya'

I've been told that it's OK for players (i.e. Mario) to get sacks/highlight plays in bunches, fwiw.

IF we're going to play this sort of game....then I fixed it for ya'

I've been told that it's OK for players (i.e. Mario) to get sacks/highlight plays in bunches, fwiw.

i agree with you but this thread was about Jacoby, so i didnt bother putting him in there since he wasnt the topic of discussion.

i agree with you but this thread was about Jacoby, so i didnt bother putting him in there since he wasnt the topic of discussion.

I'm just sayin'...if we're going to sit here and rag on a guy because he didn't impact the game in any meaningful way, then let's talk about Mario's virtual absence from the stat books vs. the Saints.

Therefore, ANY Texans player who shows up one day and doesn't the next is subject to these terms and conditions. This isn't a country club thread...there's no exclusive nature about it, IMO.

IMO, there's O-N-E man in a Texans uniform who shows up as long as he's fed the opportunities. That man is Andre Johnson. Period. Everyone else is living in his world admiring his consistency and utterly relentless professionalism.

I'm just sayin'...if we're going to sit here and rag on a guy because he didn't impact the game in any meaningful way, then let's talk about Mario's virtual absence from the stat books vs. the Saints.

Therefore, ANY Texans player who shows up one day and doesn't the next is subject to these terms and conditions. This isn't a country club thread...there's no exclusive nature about it, IMO.

IMO, there's O-N-E man in a Texans uniform who shows up as long as he's fed the opportunities. That man is Andre Johnson. Period. Everyone else is living in his world admiring his consistency and utterly relentless professionalism.

Oh i agree we have only a handful of consistent players. AJ, Demeco (before injury) Rackers :splits:, Foster, Quin is pretty consistent although he does have a few bad plays here and there. Schaub is consistent as long he's not asked to do to much.

I agree JJ sucks. He is a poor mans haywood jeffries as a WR, both were weenies...but atleast haywood would actually get open and make a very catches. Jones as returner is ok, he waits too long to start moving up field which causes 90% of his returns to go for little yardage

I agree JJ sucks. He is a poor mans haywood jeffries as a WR, both were weenies...but atleast haywood would actually get open and make a very catches. Jones as returner is ok, he waits too long to start moving up field which causes 90% of his returns to go for little yardage

AND Jeffires was a 3x pro-bowler and an All Pro..

I'm all aboard on the Jeff Fuller bandwagon already.

Jeff Fuller, Ryan Broyles, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery, hell even Kendall Wright would all be better than what we are currently playing at WR. Kevin Walter is done, IMO, and is at best a #4 WR, Jacoby is too inconsistent to be anything better than a #4, Bryant Johnson IS a #4, David Anderson shouldn't even be on the team...

I remember a few years ago when many fans considered WR a position of strength. Those days sure seem like a long time ago.

Trade up for Blackmon

No thanks. He isn't worth what it would cost to get him. As another poster said, he has the body of a cheetah and a tiger mixed but the brains of snail.

I liked Blackmon at first but after watching him in the A&M game, I wouldn't draft him even if we had a chance.

Jeff Fuller, Ryan Broyles, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery, hell even Kendall Wright would all be better than what we are currently playing at WR. Kevin Walter is done, IMO, and is at best a #4 WR, Jacoby is too inconsistent to be anything better than a #4, Bryant Johnson IS a #4, David Anderson shouldn't even be on the team...

I remember a few years ago when many fans considered WR a position of strength. Those days sure seem like a long time ago.

Walter is a football player. You keep him for his hands and blocking ability. You still upgrade #2, IMO, but KW is far from done.

No thanks. He isn't worth what it would cost to get him. As another poster said, he has the body of a cheetah and a tiger mixed but the brains of snail.

I liked Blackmon at first but after watching him in the A&M game, I wouldn't draft him even if we had a chance.

Yeah Blackmon has some skills. But he could of lost them the game when he tried to celebrate before the TD.

I'd like to start grooming another #1 wideout, but right now we still have needs at CB that need to be fixed.

Yeah Blackmon has some skills. But he could of lost them the game when he tried to celebrate before the TD.

I'd like to start grooming another #1 wideout, but right now we still have needs at CB that need to be fixed.

However, at some point you have to spend some effort to upgrade your offense. It's good, but it has been mostly neglected in 4 years.

like i said haywood actually made catches and plays...but he wasnt about to lay out and take a hit to make a catch...but he was always the first to point in the stands and show off just like jacoby

AND Jeffires was a 3x pro-bowler and an All Pro..

Thought for sure Dexman would be all over this thread like white on rice. Guess he's going to wait for JJ to make another play or catch a ball?

Back