Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2011   #61
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
A lot of us are sitting at home watching the games on TV, yelling and screaming because we cannot afford tickets.
So Grams ... when your FF player is playing the Texans who do you pull for ?
Old 09-27-2011   #62
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Quote:
A lot of us are sitting at home watching the games on TV, yelling and screaming because we cannot afford tickets.
yep, you and me both. I was a non-PSL season ticket holder for the first 7 seasons, but due to economic reasons and wanting to spend time with the kids, I decided to get off that train.

I'm still in front of my TV every football Sunday, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Not me! I curse those damn club people every game for being inside on the carpet instead of in their seat where it matters!
I sat in the club level for the first pre-season game. I went with a buddy, and we always wear our jerseys and Texans hard hats. We got the weirdest looks from folks on that level. Some thought it was cool, but most looked at us in a way that made us felt that we did not belong there.

Granted it was a pre-season game, but most of the people on that level were on the inside of the glass enjoying the luxuries of that level. I've noticed for years, though, that this level is frequently empty when I looked down from the 500 endzone seats that I usually buy.
Old 09-27-2011   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Demanding excellence from this coaching staff in its SIXTH SEASON must
be too much of a "negative" thing.
What makes you think you're the only one "Demanding excellence" just because we aren't constantly negative & acting like assholes don't mean we don't demand excellence.

Which reminds me.

If things were different, & we were Saints fans. We'd be crying & demanding excellence from our team who came out lethargic & "unprepaired" to play a home game when it really matters, the first 12.

That's your ignorant idea of excellence.

The rest of us understand this is football, this is the NFL & even the worst team is loaded with talent.

We spanked the Saints for 3 qtrs & 6 minutes. That's only six weeks into a new defensive scheme. But that doesn't mean crap to you.

You're stuck in the past & we're trying to look forward..... the team is moving forward. But you can't enjoy it.

Like those idiots who wished they had a boy, & can't enjoy their time with their daughter, until it's too late, she's all growed up & has moved past you.
Old 09-27-2011   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, you and me both. I was a non-PSL season ticket holder for the first 7 seasons, but due to economic reasons and wanting to spend time with the kids, I decided to get off that train.

I'm still in front of my TV every football Sunday, though.
There ain't nothing wrong with fans like you. You're still a real fan... a good fan. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Even the guys on the carpet in the air conditioned clubs don't bother me. Not all of us are the stand-up for 60 minutes Bullpen type fans.

What I don't like, what I can't stand, are the assholes who say they're not going to spend their money on this team until we become winners or whatever......

What kind of fan is that.
Old 09-27-2011   #65
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Texans first - fantasy football guy second!!!
Old 09-27-2011   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I pull for the Texans to win, my FF guy to get a lot of garbage yards & points.
Old 09-27-2011   #67
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There ain't nothing wrong with fans like you. You're still a real fan... a good fan. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Even the guys on the carpet in the air conditioned clubs don't bother me. Not all of us are the stand-up for 60 minutes Bullpen type fans.

What I don't like, what I can't stand, are the assholes who say they're not going to spend their money on this team until we become winners or whatever......

A fan who does not realize that this is just a game for entertainment. Some take it way beyond and get highly upset (I will be nice) when we lose.

I get upset when they lose, but an hour or so later it is over and done. Something I have no control over is not going to make me that mad that I have to rant and rave and try to piss others off. Now don't mess with my kids and grandkids, cats and dog, cause then I would have to hurt you.

Some people need to remember that the sun will still rise the next day - even if the Texans lose.
Old 09-27-2011   #68
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A fan who does not realize that this is just a game for entertainment. Some take it way beyond and get highly upset (I will be nice) when we lose.

I get upset when they lose, but an hour or so later it is over and done. Something I have no control over is not going to make me that mad that I have to rant and rave and try to piss others off. Now don't mess with my kids and grandkids, cats and dog, cause then I would have to hurt you.

Some people need to remember that the sun will still rise the next day - even if the Texans lose.
yep, well said.. I learned the value of that particular lesson - that it's just game that we watch - on a nice day in 1993. I was in a funk for a solid week after that debacle, but it taught me a lesson that I will never forget: perspective, you've got to keep it.

Besides, Kroger doesn't discount bread and milk if the Texans win a Super Bowl. It's fun as a fan, but in real life, it gains me nothing but a good time.
Old 09-27-2011   #69
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We spanked the Saints for 3 qtrs & 6 minutes. That's only six weeks into a new defensive scheme. But that doesn't mean crap to you.
It shouldn't mean crap to anyone. When are we going to get past the "Must play well" mentality? Tell me when the Texans do something worth celebrating. Beating two hapless opponents and preforming another "El Foldo" doesn't get even a golf clap out of me.

I'm going to keep watching the games. I enjoy watching games. But, I'm also critiquing the games. And my ignorant idea of excellence involves winning the games. When I see excellence, I say so. When. It hasn't happened, yet.
Old 09-27-2011   #70
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

DB,

You seem to have a great sense of how the Texans are currently being run and what's important to BoBBy. Hate to say it but Buck Fud was probably a better owner. (God how I hate thinking that way)

The only way I see that can change the status quo is if the PSL keep paying but stop going to games. That and 2-14 is what got Capers fired.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #71
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, well said.. I learned the value of that particular lesson - that it's just game that we watch - on a nice day in 1993. I was in a funk for a solid week after that debacle, but it taught me a lesson that I will never forget: perspective, you've got to keep it.

Besides, Kroger doesn't discount bread and milk if the Texans win a Super Bowl. It's fun as a fan, but in real life, it gains me nothing but a good time.
This.

Yeah, I still consumed the KoolAid after they brought in Buddy Ryan, Wilber Marshall and a healthy Lamar Lathon back though. That year helped me forget 35-3....at least until Joe Montana punked us in the Astrodome. Ripped my heart out and once Buddy was let go, I got the picture and put things in perspective as you did. Fortunately as things deteriorated fast.

I have been critical of this franchise, but only when it is seriously retarding our team's growth (Carr, Casserley, Smith, Bush, Myers) I enjoy the product a lot more since Matt arrived, but it isn't the same as the weeklong malaise that Oiler losses brought. That loss was the closest feeling to an Oiler big game meltdown since Rosencopter...and I am already over it. Beat Steelers at home and you can write off the Saints loss as learning experience. Lose v. Steelers and things could nosedive.
Old 09-27-2011   #72
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Note: Myers has proved me wrong to a great extent. He has been a leader on a relatively effective unit for some time now, so he gets scoreboard. I thought the guy was awful. He's not great but definitely not awful.
Old 09-27-2011   #73
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It shouldn't mean crap to anyone. When are we going to get past the "Must play well" mentality? Tell me when the Texans do something worth celebrating. Beating two hapless opponents and preforming another "El Foldo" doesn't get even a golf clap out of me.

I'm going to keep watching the games. I enjoy watching games. But, I'm also critiquing the games. And my ignorant idea of excellence involves winning the games. When I see excellence, I say so. When. It hasn't happened, yet.
Bravo! Rep sent your way. I have nothing else to add.
Old 09-27-2011   #74
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bandwagoners? The bastids.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #75
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Six years.
19 road games against winning teams.
1 win.

Where's the Kool-Aid?
Old 09-27-2011   #76
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What makes you think you're the only one "Demanding excellence" just because we aren't constantly negative & acting like assholes don't mean we don't demand excellence.

Which reminds me.

If things were different, & we were Saints fans. We'd be crying & demanding excellence from our team who came out lethargic & "unprepaired" to play a home game when it really matters, the first 12.

We are not the Saints...no matter how long it took, they have experienced winning and we are trying to get there.

That's your ignorant idea of excellence.

The rest of us understand this is football, this is the NFL & even the worst team is loaded with talent.

How long is an NFL game?

You're stuck in the past & we're trying to look forward..... the team is moving forward. But you can't enjoy it.

The past is what we measure b/c the future is undetermined...you can not move forward unless you PROGRESS from the past...in the NFL that means winning and nothing else.

Like those idiots who wished they had a boy, & can't enjoy their time with their daughter, until it's too late, she's all growed up & has moved past you.
I understand your points, but you can't get every1 to see things how you do (I'm not saying I agree or disagree)...I like ur spirit though, you defend to the end...and in the end we all want the Texans to WIN
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #77
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Road trends? Here's one:

"Gary Kubiak is 10-2 ATS in his second consecutive road game."

ATS = against the spread

That would be 10-3, now after losing in New Orleans. FYI, this condition comes up two more times this year @Tennessee and @Jacksonville...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Road trends? Here's one:

"Gary Kubiak is 10-2 ATS in his second consecutive road game."

ATS = against the spread

That would be 10-3, now after losing in New Orleans. FYI, this condition comes up two more times this year @Tennessee and @Jacksonville...
Valuable knowledge

1-18 says it all. That's the only stat that matters.

Oh well, carry on
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #79
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Valuable knowledge

1-18 says it all. That's the only stat that matters.

Oh well, carry on
Well, dismiss it if you wish but I'm sure someone could use the info....
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #80
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

This topic is too negative

Yes - I'm disappointed but its not the end of the world. Just think this has the potential to be the only game they lose all season with a record of 15-1 (maybe slightly optimistic)
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read