Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #21
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Wow, hadn't even looked at that.

Perhaps this is the year Kubiak is lucky enough to have ten games on the schedule against losing teams.
In terms of just making the playoffs, not losing to teams that are not as good as is more vital, just can't choke up those games. Winning against good teams on the road gives us a better sense of how good the team is or is not when considering if they can do something once there.

Yesterday we found out that, the Texans have not fixed many of the things that were shortcomings, but the idea that they "should" make the playoffs in this division is not defeated; yet.
Old 09-26-2011   #22
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Reps to you
Thanks for the rep, my friend.

I really want Kubiak to succeed---I like him a lot. But some numbers are impossible to ignore.

My guess is that most coaches, even the really good ones, typically have a losing record in road games against winning teams. The very best are probably just a few games over .500 in those games.

But 1 and 18?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #23
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
2-0 against teams whose combined record is 0-6. Hmmm.
Rep. I'm LMAO'ing to keep from crying. Too many fans wondering if this year's
team "feels" like a contender. We've been waiting over 5 years for this team to
actually BE a contender.
Old 09-26-2011   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps this is the year Kubiak is lucky enough to have ten games on the schedule against losing teams.
That's what will happen. Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Ravens, Bucs, & Falcons are the only teams that will possibly end up with winning records. Go 5-3 or 6-2 against the losers the rest of the way, pickup a couple of wins against the teams above, and you've got yourself a 2011 AFC South champion. Which means a home playoff game. I hope its the Saturday Night game.

I could come up with all sorts of stats that show Kubiak has failed. It doesn't matter. Read my sig. This season is Kubiak-proof.
Old 09-26-2011   #25
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Read my sig. This season is Kubiak-proof.
Haha! Excellent.

And then, like in the Glanville era, we're one and done in the playoffs.
Old 09-26-2011   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I look back to the Glanville era with misty eyes. It's been 10 years. Please give me one playoff game. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
Old 09-26-2011   #27
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you guys remember Mike Tomlin's first game as a head coach?
Old 09-26-2011   #28
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you guys remember Mike Tomlin's first game as a head coach?
Was it similar to Mark Sanchez's first game as a rookie NFL QB on the road?
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #29
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vupac1 View Post
Was it similar to Mark Sanchez's first game as a rookie NFL QB on the road?
lmao. Wasn't Sanchez's head coach also in his first game?
See a trend?
Old 09-26-2011   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha! Excellent.

Jerry/Warren- playoffs =Fail
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #31
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
really? i dont remember many wins v. quality teams either home or away.

but we can beat Miami, KC, and Oakland when they stink....still can't beat our divisional foes even when they stink more than half the time.

This season is going to be enjoyable for me, one way or another. I am not going to let our crap head coach ruin another NFL season. I want to hope for the best and if they don't win the division, I can not see any scenario where Kubiak is brought back. If he can't win the division, this year, he will never win it...much less win a playoff game.

As long as I know Kubiak is going to get fired if they don't make the playoffs, I will be happy either way. Either happy with a playoff appearance (probably a home wild card game as bad divisional winner) or no playoffs and Kubiak finally getting run out of this town.

Hopefully Kubiak proves me wrong but I have 5.2 seasons worth of data to show that he is a suckass Head Coach. Good coordinator though....but that isn't his job.
How about the Texans win the division with an 8-8 or 9-7 record (no better than their 9-7 non playoff year). Due to a cupcake last half of the schedule and all of our division foes with major problems. They host a playoff game because they win the division but lose. Kubiak is retained because he made the playoffs and all the koolaid drinkers rejoice. Nothing actually acomplished but all remains the same. The nightmare continues.....
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #32
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
How about the Texans win the division with an 8-8 or 9-7 record (no better than their 9-7 non playoff year). Due to a cupcake last half of the schedule and all of our division foes with major problems. They host a playoff game because they win the division but lose. Kubiak is retained because he made the playoffs and all the koolaid drinkers rejoice. Nothing actually acomplished but all remains the same. The nightmare continues.....
That scenario is a MAJOR possibility.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #33
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That scenario is a MAJOR possibility.
I'd go so far as to say it's a probability.
Old 09-27-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
lmao. Wasn't Sanchez's head coach also in his first game?
See a trend?
I don't see it, help me out.
Old 09-27-2011   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Stats are for losers...literally. LOL.
Old 09-27-2011   #36
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
A playoff appearance, as in a singular game will not make me happy.

I want to win, period.

Was just talking to my husband about this last night. This whole 'playoffs or bust' is bs. Unless we have some kind of epic Texan meltdown, we WILL make the playoffs.

When we do and lose the 1st game, I will be hella pissed and waiting for Kubiaks papers. Although I don't think we will get them
Old 09-27-2011   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This franchise takes baby steps. It has done this for 9 years. Remember when it was a big deal that they won back-to-back games? Remember when they finally won three in a row? Last year it was the monumental and historic 4-2 start - THE FIRST IN TEXANS HISTORY!! Of course, the 2-8 record that followed kinda' deflated that party balloon.

I fully expect them to make the playoffs and be one-and-done. It's the in the Texans DNA to never over-reach, to never be something bigger than the parts.

But hey, I'll take a playoff spot this year. It's better than the last nine years of nothin'.
Old 09-27-2011   #38
Ckw

That is some flat out damning evidence! 1-18?!?!?!? Hell, I could coach the Texans and probably go 2-17!

Wow! Just wow! This is the stat the sums up the regime better known as FAIL. When your one "quality" road win is against the Bengals, you are a crappy head coach. One of the worst, if not THE worst, in the league.

If I was Bob McNair, I'd fire Kubiak on the spot after hearing this stat. I'd tell him he has two options: take a demotion and become the offensive coordinator or look for a new job. Absolutely pathetic and infuriating!

Even VY thinks this is pathetic.
Old 09-27-2011   #39
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
That is some flat out damning evidence! 1-18?!?!?!? Hell, I could coach the Texans and probably go 2-17!

Wow! Just wow! This is the stat the sums up the regime better known as FAIL. When your one "quality" road win is against the Bengals, you are a crappy head coach. One of the worst, if not THE worst, in the league.

If I was Bob McNair, I'd fire Kubiak on the spot after hearing this stat. I'd tell him he has two options: take a demotion and become the offensive coordinator or look for a new job. Absolutely pathetic and infuriating!

Even VY thinks this is pathetic.
yeah but Kubiak never had a defense behind him....oh wait, that is on him.

he hired the losers who have been running/drafting the defense (RIck Smith included)

if they go 8-8, win division, and lose first game, then he must be fired but he wont be. i think he even survives 7-9. if he survived last years meteoric fall, I am just gonna assume he has pictures of McNair at a Klan rally or with a 13yr old mistress.

he has done nothing to earn my belief, but were 2-1 and maybe we can fix some of those lingering problems. the team has come out better to start the games...and motivation and getting team ready for the whistle has been a problem I have had with Kubiak for a long time.
Old 09-27-2011   #40
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yeah but Kubiak never had a defense behind him....oh wait, that is on him.

he hired the losers who have been running/drafting the defense (RIck Smith included)

if they go 8-8, win division, and lose first game, then he must be fired but he wont be. i think he even survives 7-9. if he survived last years meteoric fall, I am just gonna assume he has pictures of McNair at a Klan rally or with a 13yr old mistress.

he has done nothing to earn my belief, but were 2-1 and maybe we can fix some of those lingering problems. the team has come out better to start the games...and motivation and getting team ready for the whistle has been a problem I have had with Kubiak for a long time.
The fans better riot. If Houston fans don't get off their asses to go picket outside of Reliant if Kubiak has another 8-8/9-7 whether we make the playoffs or not, I will forever lose all respect for Houstonians.

We have got to stop settling for mediocrity. Our owners trot out shit on a platter and call it steak. It's time we stop gobbling it up!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read