Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Per a Trey Wingo tweet.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

I guess we can call that a trend!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is 1 and 18 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I guess we can call that a trend!
LMAO!

I think I know when to put big money on the line now.
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, and he was so close to being 2-17 in road games versus teams with eventual winning record yesterday! D'oh!
Old 09-26-2011   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Wow that's a rough stat.. Has anyone seen what Cowher is up to these days

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Cincy being the only W...

A lot of that is within the division...

PIT, DAL, MIN are others off top...

Texans have a lot of wins on the road vs. teams thought to be contenders, and come to find out down the road, they weren't very good.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Cincy being the only W...

A lot of that is within the division...

PIT, DAL, MIN are others off top...

Texans have a lot of wins on the road vs. teams thought to be contenders, and come to find out down the road, they weren't very good.
really? i dont remember many wins v. quality teams either home or away.

but we can beat Miami, KC, and Oakland when they stink....still can't beat our divisional foes even when they stink more than half the time.

This season is going to be enjoyable for me, one way or another. I am not going to let our crap head coach ruin another NFL season. I want to hope for the best and if they don't win the division, I can not see any scenario where Kubiak is brought back. If he can't win the division, this year, he will never win it...much less win a playoff game.

As long as I know Kubiak is going to get fired if they don't make the playoffs, I will be happy either way. Either happy with a playoff appearance (probably a home wild card game as bad divisional winner) or no playoffs and Kubiak finally getting run out of this town.

Hopefully Kubiak proves me wrong but I have 5.2 seasons worth of data to show that he is a suckass Head Coach. Good coordinator though....but that isn't his job.
Old 09-26-2011   #8
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

He will next have a chance to improve that record when the Texans visit Baltimore in three weeks.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Problem with Kubiak is he is way too conservative at times.

Up 7, on maybe on the Saints 3 yard line and it's 4th and 2...you're on the road...why are we kicking a FG? You do realize we are playing the New Orleans Saints right? It's 4th and 2 and you should have confidence that those guys can get in imo.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Problem with Kubiak is he is way too conservative at times.

Up 7, on maybe on the Saints 3 yard line and it's 4th and 2...you're on the road...why are we kicking a FG? You do realize we are playing the New Orleans Saints right? It's 4th and 2 and you should have confidence that those guys can get in imo.
I thought about this a lot too, but the truth is....I didn't...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's another one:

Kubiak is totally winless in games that he has lost...

So is Phillips.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

but we can beat Miami, KC, and Oakland when they stink....still can't beat our divisional foes even when they stink more than half the time.

This season is going to be enjoyable for me, one way or another. I am not going to let our crap head coach ruin another NFL season. I want to hope for the best and if they don't win the division, I can not see any scenario where Kubiak is brought back. If he can't win the division, this year, he will never win it...much less win a playoff game.

As long as I know Kubiak is going to get fired if they don't make the playoffs, I will be happy either way. Either happy with a playoff appearance (probably a home wild card game as bad divisional winner) or no playoffs and Kubiak finally getting run out of this town.

Hopefully Kubiak proves me wrong but I have 5.2 seasons worth of data to show that he is a suckass Head Coach. Good coordinator though....but that isn't his job.
Man, SH, I wish I could be as 'optimistic' as you win or lose.

I feel good about the Texans chances to win a division this season. Nothing is a "no brainer" in the NFL, but as stars aligned goes, this has to be the season, all things considered. That's why I'm choosing to look at the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.

On the flip side, though...I'm just not convinced that this is Kubiak's last season if the Texans fail to make the playoffs. He'll have a year left on his contract, and due to the lock-out and a new defensive scheme, I could see a scenario where McNair gives him one so-called 'last chance'. Barring a 2-14 debacle, I think Kubiak is here in 2012 regardless of how this season ends.

McNair loves him some Kubiak, so we might as well expect long haul.

But, doesn't matter because the Texans make the playoffs this year and Kubiak gets a lifetime extension.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
He will next have a chance to improve that record when the Texans visit Baltimore in three weeks.
That's the game I'm eyeballing. Thinking of betting the house on the Ravens.
Old 09-26-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has not been a good head coach in the past and the Texans have never been any good.

I am not shocked about the poor W/L record against good teams on the road...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Man, SH, I wish I could be as 'optimistic' as you win or lose.

I feel good about the Texans chances to win a division this season. Nothing is a "no brainer" in the NFL, but as stars aligned goes, this has to be the season, all things considered. That's why I'm choosing to look at the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.

On the flip side, though...I'm just not convinced that this is Kubiak's last season if the Texans fail to make the playoffs. He'll have a year left on his contract, and due to the lock-out and a new defensive scheme, I could see a scenario where McNair gives him one so-called 'last chance'. Barring a 2-14 debacle, I think Kubiak is here in 2012 regardless of how this season ends.

McNair loves him some Kubiak, so we might as well expect long haul.

But, doesn't matter because the Texans make the playoffs this year and Kubiak gets a lifetime extension.
Rumor is McNair is getting Kubiak's initials on his calf like Simms and Lil Shanny did .

I do think that we have the some of the same tendencies as last year so while I'm hoping for the best , the worst won't surprise me either . The Texans getting into the playoffs in this division isn't enough either to mark progress . They need to go 3/4 between Baltimore , Pittsburg , Atlanta , and Tampa . I don't care as much about the division because it stinks .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

2-1 this year.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #17
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

That would be traumatic.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
2-1 this year.
2-0 against teams whose combined record is 0-6. Hmmm.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
2-0 against teams whose combined record is 0-6. Hmmm.
Wow, hadn't even looked at that.

Perhaps this is the year Kubiak is lucky enough to have ten games on the schedule against losing teams.
Old 09-26-2011   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Per a Trey Wingo tweet.
Reps to you for backing up "negativity" (the truth) with cold hard facts. It ain't our
fault the truth is what it is. 1-18 in ANYTHING in your SIXTH SEASON is unacceptable
by any reasonable standard.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read