Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question: Should/Will we be favored against the Steelers?

An early line I have seen is Texans -3 (Which means we are favored to win by 3 points, which is a typical home field advantage and nothing else). Should we be favored in this game after that horrific defensive showing? Are the Steelers viewed worse since the only teams they have beaten have been just as toothless as the Texans current wins? Thoughts?

Also, the over/under on total points scored is 45 1/2. It's interesting because I think that's saying that both teams stay under 25.
Old 09-26-2011   #2
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question: Should/Will we be favored against the Steelers?

After seeing the way they played last night I think we should be favored. Their O-line is decimated with injuries. The Colts almost beat em without a QB. They just do not look as defensively sound as they normally are. Not sure whats up in Steel town.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #3
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers did look very beatable last night. I told my dad I expect Texans to be -3 for the game Sunday.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans beat Steelers by more than 13 points. You heard it here first.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans don't go into Sundays game thinking that the Steelers are "very beatable" though. They need to go into that game intending to make amends for losing to the Saints and intent on taking out their frustrations on Pittsburgh.

If they can't wait to get back to Reliant where an easy win awaits them we're 2-2 and sinking fast.
Old 09-26-2011   #6
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll throw in my outsider's 2cents, which is that I would take Houston to cover on that. The Steeler's just look out of sorts and Big Ben is making some really poor decisions with the ball too often.

He's a prime example of a guy that needs to have the running game be the primary option to open up play action so he can have time to use his big arm to get the ball downfield. I just don't think he should be a 40+ attempt guy.

BUT if Pitt is able to isolate Ward or, worse, Mike Wallace on Kareem Jackson then all bets are off.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers OL is horrible. They cant run on Indy .....

Their defense isnt as good as it once was.

The Texans put up a hell of a fight against a much better team on the road this past week. Ive said it multiple times from training camp till now , I think the Texans are the better team.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2011   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers look like a paper tiger this year. Outside of Troy the defense lacks a spark.

The O-Line appears to be a joke as well.

Texans should be favored but the Steelers always manage to pull something out of their ass
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I hope the Texans don't go into Sundays game thinking that the Steelers are "very beatable" though. They need to go into that game intending to make amends for losing to the Saints and intent on taking out their frustrations on Pittsburgh.

If they can't wait to get back to Reliant where an easy win awaits them we're 2-2 and sinking fast.
They won't! Did you see Shaub's face in the last 5 minutes yesterday he felt just as bad as we did he is tired of losing too and he is not taking anything for granted! The team knows what it needs to do and the Steelers name alone lets them know they are going to have to fight.

I think we should be favored!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was an oddsmaker, I would have us favored by 3, but it's very possible we could win it by 13....or lose it. We're still that good AND that unpredictable, all things considered. At least we are showing that we should be favored at home against a historically good team though.

Home-field advantage means something and we can't forget that when thinking about yesterday's loss.

We lose against Pitt. at home and then I will start losing a little faith. Right now we are right where we should be.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston by 1 but win by more.
Old 09-26-2011   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Houston by 1 but win by more.
That kind of line is indicative of oddsmakers thinking the Steelers are a better team than Houston, but not so good that being in Reliant is a disadvantage they can overcome.

I think if you factor in the first 3 games Houston by 3, 3.5 or 4 would all be fair. I think if you put it at Houston +1 you'd get a ton of bets on the Texans.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Question: Should/Will we be favored against the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
After seeing the way they played last night I think we should be favored. Their O-line is decimated with injuries. The Colts almost beat em without a QB. They just do not look as defensively sound as they normally are. Not sure whats up in Steel town.
What he said.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #14
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 242 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think y'all will have any problem covering three points at home this coming week. The Steelers are a flawed team.
Old 09-26-2011   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I really don't think y'all will have any problem covering three points at home this coming week. The Steelers are a flawed team.
Depends on how much of a funk their defense is. Kiesel, Smith, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Polamalu are all good players. They showed how good they were vs Seattle but against the Colts last night (With Curtis Painter taking significant snaps no less!) they just did not look very good, and now they have to come on the road to Houston.

Who the hell knows with the insanity that is football.

I think the line could swing more in the Texans favor once injury reports come out today. If Pittsburgh has a bunch of backups as Olinemen for Sunday that could jump the Texans up to 4 or 4 and a half.
Old 09-26-2011   #16
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
Age?

I'm not sure how they were able to not rack up yardage running on Indy...the Colts are always a terrible run defensive team but maybe it was just one of those games...plus Indy will be in desperate mode until they get a win.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Polamalu running through their line like it was toilet paper. It scares me to think what he could do to ours.

I think being at HOME will help, but man, that guy is a freak of nature.
Old 09-26-2011   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Texans and the Vegas odds. Until they prove they can beat the likes of the Steelers, take the Steelers if you are a degenerate gambler.

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 09-26-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I saw Polamalu running through their line like it was toilet paper. It scares me to think what he could do to ours.

I think being at HOME will help, but man, that guy is a freak of nature.
He is something else ,The Colts though didn't even try blocking him at times, it was funny to see. He'd line up at the edge of the right side of the line and rush completely untouched about 4 or 5 times last night. Steelers didn't even try to disguise it.

I have to believe the Texans will be prepared to at least try and block him. I am worried of him and Harrison getting some shots on Matt. Collins took some hard hits...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

The Texans need to understand that contenders don't ever stop trying. New Orleans never stopped fighting & we had to hold up 60 minutes on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers, as bad as they looked last night, never stopped & they got a win.

I thought we learned that in Washington last year, but obviously we didn't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read