Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans Schedule after Baltimore

Let's be positive for once.

At worst, this team loses 2 out of the next three. I think we win two though(Pittsburgh,Oakland).

We won't have a tougher game all year then the game we just had, and we were the better team for 3 quarters and some of the fourth. We blew it, but we could have had that game against a superbowl contender playing at home.

The Schedule after the Baltimore game is cupcake. We should be favored every game on out.

We play two against the jags(Their qb play is awful)
Tennessee just lost Kenny Britt, for the year it looks like. Two against them
Indy is without Peyton.
Tampa Bay is a good team, but no where near the Saints.
Atlanta will be tough but were playing a home game and I think by that time, we will be rolling along nicely.
Cincinatti is just not good.
Carolina who may win 4 games this year.

This team has a great opportunity this year. 10 games gets you a home game in the playoffs. It's very doable.

Prediction 11-5 cupcake schedule, sprinkled with two tough teams that will not be anywhere near as good as a Saints team playing at home(Tampa,Atlanta).
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Schedule after Baltimore

Totally agree with the sentiment here.

In this divison the Titans are the only ones who pose any threat to the Texans winning the divison.

Besides the 2 vs. the Texans, the Titans have the following games left:

@Browns L
@Steelers L
Colts W
Bengals W
@Panthers W
@Falcons L
Bucs L
@Bills L
Saints L
@Colts W
Jags W

They're 2-1 already.

Just to be fair, lets say the home teams win, Texans-Titans split 1-1

I'm predicting they go 5-6 vs. everyone else.

Thats an 8-8 year for the Titans.

The Texans can win this divison at 9-7.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been said for a while now, but this year it's for real. The Texans are in a perfect position to take this division and have a home game in the playoffs. They have a soft last half of the season schedule and three poor division opponents. If they can't win the division this year, they never will.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just looking at the remainder of the schedule this morning. We should end up losing only 5.

Losses come from @Saints, @Ravens, @Titans, @Bucs, Falcons.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll get out of the first 6 games at 3-3 or 4-2 and only lose once or twice more for the remainder of the season.

It sets up quite well for us.
Old 09-26-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Totally agree with the sentiment here.

In this divison the Titans are the only ones who pose any threat to the Texans winning the divison.

Besides the 2 vs. the Texans, the Titans have the following games left:

@Browns L
@Steelers L
Colts W
Bengals W
@Panthers W
@Falcons L
Bucs L
@Bills L
Saints L
@Colts W
Jags W

They're 2-1 already.

Just to be fair, lets say the home teams win, Texans-Titans split 1-1

I'm predicting they go 5-6 vs. everyone else.

Thats an 8-8 year for the Titans.

The Texans can win this divison at 9-7.
I wouldn't take the tAcks too lightly. They played a good football game yesterday and they've already beaten the Raven, handily, I might add. We're hoping we can beat them.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Many people are worried about redzone offense but look no further than Arian Foster. We go from one of the worst redzone teams to one of the best with him. If you don't believe me, look at 09 to 10. Don't get me wrong, Ben Tate is a more than adequate backup, but Foster is your guy. His vision is elite, and he gives Schuab more comfort back in the pocket knowing he has an excellent pocket protector as well as a dump off option who makes the first guy miss almost everytime. I have a hard time getting down on them after a game like yesterdays. It's Drew Brees, heck our defense shut him down for a half. I'd say that's pretty good.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2011   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be real happy with 11-5 but I don't see it. The Texans being the Texans will probably win the division with a 9-7 or 8-8 record not beating their own best 9-7 record. And don't count out the Titans yet. Don't forget Kubiak is still the head coach.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I wouldn't take the tAcks too lightly. They played a good football game yesterday and they've already beaten the Raven, handily, I might add. We're hoping we can beat them.
I wouldn't take them lightly but it's reported that Kenny Britt tore his acl. That is by far their best playmaker.
Old 09-26-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

i think posters above me are only considering which teams we can beat rest of season and that is ok. I and some others are looking at what went wrong and what can/will be done to fix it. I'm not going to call you names like polyannas or homers, etc but don't call me names either. Some fans can watch a game and enjoy the 3 hours and then it is basically gone from the mind. I just don't do that.
Old 09-26-2011   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know Kubiak's record when you take away the first four and last four games of each season?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
I wouldn't take them lightly but it's reported that Kenny Britt tore his acl. That is by far their best playmaker.
Their D looks like it's been reborn with a nasty attitude.
It's odd to see someone not named CJ2K or Chris Johnson called the tAcks best playmaker. He's pretty much disappeared.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Their D looks like it's been reborn with a nasty attitude.
It's odd to see someone not named CJ2K or Chris Johnson called the tAcks best playmaker. He's pretty much disappeared.
It'd be dumb not to try and account for him in practices and game plans though. If Britt is seriously out, it's him and hasselbeck that are their "play makers".

Their defense looks solid again. Must be something in the water there.
Old 09-26-2011   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Does anyone know Kubiak's record when you take away the first four and last four games of each season?
3 and 5 in 2006
3 and 5 in 2007
5 and 3 in 2008
3 and 5 in 2009
2 and 6 in 2010

16 and 24 for his first 5 seasons.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 594 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I was just looking at the remainder of the schedule this morning. We should end up losing only 5.

Losses come from @Saints, @Ravens, @Titans, @Bucs, Falcons.
I think you guys can take the Falcons and Bucs easy. Matt Ryan is choking this season away. If Vick didn't get hurt they're 0-3 right now. The Bucs will be the tougher of those two games but if y'all get out to an early lead (i.e. yesterday) they won't be able to mount a ridiculous comeback like the Saints.

As far as the Titans, ya'll have the better team, but it's divisional so ya never know. Maybe Andre will give innegan another beat down?

@Ravens will be rough, but not impossible. If Foster is back by then, chances improve drastically.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
3 and 5 in 2006
3 and 5 in 2007
5 and 3 in 2008
3 and 5 in 2009
2 and 6 in 2010

16 and 24 for his first 5 seasons.
This is a new season. The past is NOT a viable indicator of
the present. LMAO
Old 09-26-2011   #17
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that everyone who is chalking a W against the Raiders may be in for a surprise. Darren McFadden is gonna run all over us if our run defense doesn't improve. We could be looking at 2-4 about 3 weeks from now.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
I think that everyone who is chalking a W against the Raiders may be in for a surprise. Darren McFadden is gonna run all over us if our run defense doesn't improve. We could be looking at 2-4 about 3 weeks from now.
2-4 or 4-2, neither should surprise any of us when it comes to the Texans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #19
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. The Texans better bring the wood when they play the Raiders. They are going to surprise a lot of teams.

digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This is a new season. The past is NOT a viable indicator of
the present. LMAO
What happened to yesterday's rant? Someone feeling better today?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read