Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default This wasn't that bad of a loss.. this is a loss

I can deal with, am I happy no, but am I throwing a fit like last years heartbreaking loss no. It's early in the year, we are making improvements in all areas and continue to get better. I fully expected that we could come out 2-2 after the first 4 games. We have all talked about how front loaded our schedule this year with the steelers, raiders, and ravens all coming up.

There are a lot more games to come, it's done let's move on.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Yah, it's really not that bad of a loss...

We can blame it on defense there are things it could of done better... But look who we were playing... The saints offense carved up green bay in the 2nd half at lambo, then carved up a pretty good defense last week... Is anyone that surprised?

Redzone scoring? Sure it sucked.. but when teams lose games there are usually some points left in the redzone, and unless you're the 72(?) Dolphins, you're gunna do it, but it needs to happen as little as possible..

I felt goin into this game that if the Texans beat NO in their house, they just may be for real... But if they lost, i wouldn't call them for real yet, but that doesn't mean they can't be....

I still feel that way.. they beat two now 0-3 teams and lost to a SB caliber team.... I know nothing of this Texans team yet...

Beat the Steelers....

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This wasn't that bad of a loss.. this is a loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I can deal with, am I happy no, but am I throwing a fit like last years heartbreaking loss no. It's early in the year, we are making improvements in all areas and continue to get better. I fully expected that we could come out 2-2 after the first 4 games. We have all talked about how front loaded our schedule this year with the steelers, raiders, and ravens all coming up.

There are a lot more games to come, it's done let's move on.
I predicted the Texans would be 2-2 after the first four. But now, after watching them play the Saints, I see no reason whatsoever they can't be 3-1. I honestly don't think the Steelers at our house is as hard a game as the Saints at their house.

We shall see in six days.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Thorn. The Steelers looked beatable. If the Texans played like they did yesterday, they can be 3-1 next week this time.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to be 'well at least he hung in there', but now I'm 'damn, we should've beaten those guys'. I still think we have a playoff team. We got beaten because we couldn't punch it in when we should have.
Old 09-26-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought if we beat Saints it would be an impact statement to us and to the league. We had this game in 4th and Wade had no answer (or perhaps not the players) to finish. It was sort of like his game plan worked well but Saints finally adapted and Wade could not counter produce.

This loss does not keep us out of playoffs but does leave me to wonder how the next game and thus the season will go. I would like to enter a game with confidence rather than "what is going to happen now?"

irregardless of Schaub's stats, I really hope he begins to work on his accuracy. At least he is making better decision to throw ball away than to force a pass.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead of blaming the Texans, give the Saints their due. It's not like they are some crappy team that won't put up a fight. I think all this "blame game" mentality by fans is bit much. The Saints are arguable one of the 2-3 best teams in the NFL. And while I don't buy into so-called 'moral victories', I do buy into seeing tendencies with our team that indicate that they are not the same Texans of the past 9 years.
Old 09-26-2011   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Instead of blaming the Texans, give the Saints their due. It's not like they are some crappy team that won't put up a fight. I think all this "blame game" mentality by fans is bit much. The Saints are arguable one of the 2-3 best teams in the NFL. And while I don't buy into so-called 'moral victories', I do buy into seeing tendencies with our team that indicate that they are not the same Texans of the past 9 years.
True. They had to score 40 points to beat us.
Old 09-26-2011   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Yeah, we definitely had this game in our control and couldn't produce. Our defense picked up our offense last week, and nobody could pick up each other yesterday. Offense sputtered in the redzone, the defense gave up the most damning drive i've seen in a while, special teams put the defense and offense in bad position.

Everyone is to blame, and i don't think anyone expected us to go 4-0 through these first few games. Win against the Steelers and we still make just as strong of a statement IMO, although the talking heads may say we won due to the o-line troubles of the Steelers or something of that sort.
Old 09-26-2011   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When KW caught the TD pass, I thought "We have to win this game, and this is our year. That never happens for us."
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: This wasn't that bad of a loss.. this is a loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
When KW caught the TD pass, I thought "We have to win this game, and this is our year. That never happens for us."
Me, too; I thought there's no way they can beat us now. I figured they'd get a field goal & we'd score again since the bounces were going our way. Next game against the Steelers will be a better barometer of this team than this game was.
Old 09-26-2011   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

This was NOT Dallas. That is ****in all.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with this. I think the blame game mentality comes from our history. I know our fans are just like everybody's fans for the most part but we all know that there have been specific times in the past when everyone in the stadium could look at the Texans and spot a glaring problem. Still they'd push on and "stay the course". I think collectively we're used to being able to spot the problem.

But like you I think this loss was a product of the Saints simply refusing to go down. The Texans did everything they could to make it happen but the Saints just wouldn't lose this game.

Have we got things to work on? Of course. Every team does. There are literally 32 "works in progress" taking the field in week three. Nobody is doing everything the way they want to be, not even the Patriots or the teams like the Bills who seem to be benefitting from divine intervention. Something they're trying to do isn't working right and eventually some defensive coordinator is going to figure out how to hurt them with it if they don't fix it.

It's a long season and it's almost all still ahead of us.

I had this feeling that if we managed to win in New Orleans we'd come back home and get punched in the nose by Pittsburgh. I could feel the certainty of that in my gut. We'd be 3-1 but all feeling like we'd just watched these pretenders get exposed again.

Now I think we stand at the first major 2011 crossroad. How do we respond to this loss. Do we come back, beat the Steelers (who don't at all look "right" at the moment) and seize our 3-1 record or do we fall back on our old ways and fall to 2-2 instead?

I predict 3-1 and everybody is pumped for Oakland coming to town. That game will be tougher than Pittsburgh probably.
Old 09-26-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like any loss. I don't like to lose, period, the end.

But...

This isn't the type of loss that makes me believe that we can't beat good teams. I don't feel like we suck as a team because of this loss.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree, this was a bad loss. We had them in the redzone four times & settled for FG's, Texans let the Saints off the hook & found a respectable way to lose?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I disagree, this was a bad loss. We had them in the redzone four times & settled for FG's, Texans let the Saints off the hook & found a respectable way to lose?
We let em' off the hook?

Does that mean.....
Old 09-26-2011   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't like any loss. I don't like to lose, period, the end.

But...

This isn't the type of loss that makes me believe that we can't beat good teams. I don't feel like we suck as a team because of this loss.
Basically what the OP was getting at. This sucks, but it doesn't mean we can't right some wrongs and win games similar to this. (PIT, TB, BAL, OAK, ATL)
Old 09-26-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Double Barrel;1785704]Instead of blaming the Texans, give the Saints their due. It's not like they are some crappy team that won't put up a fight. I think all this "blame game" mentality by fans is bit much. The Saints are arguable one of the 2-3 best teams in the NFL. And while I don't buy into so-called 'moral victories', I do buy into seeing tendencies with our team that indicate that they are not the same Texans of the past 9 years.[/QUOTE]True, but they are not a team that we could not beat and now they realize it too. If I think we can beat a team it is hard for me after to say well it is ok because they were good. I focus on my team & what we could have done better and I think this is how coaches think also. Did this game wreck our season? No but it should have been a win & our guys know it also.

Identifying mistakes or how a player/team gets better is what brings a championship to Houston. I am not for trashing anyone but criticism is good.
Old 09-26-2011   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like any loss and I really don't like the losses that the Texans get when they clearly should have won. The Texans have Pittsburgh, Oakland, Baltimore and Tennessee coming up. They could easily win all those games and just as easily lose all those games. That is the kind of team the Texans have. How embarrassing would it be if the Texans failed to win the division this year or win it with a lousy record like the Seahawks did last year. I hope the Saints game turns out to be a wake up call for the Texans. It remains to be seen. If they are 5-7 after 12 games.....Ugghh.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We let em' off the hook?

Does that mean.....
Just what Beerlover said, we sat on their necks for 3 1/2 quarters and them "ran outta gas" or let em off hook. Now we can make ourselve feel better with euphimisms or take this loss into our belly and not forget it. Use it to build anger and play better and harder. SOme of it is players like Allen and KJ. Some of it is different things like Schaub's accuracies. We need to move on to next day but forget nothing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read