Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game-Balls

Offense: My goodness this is easy, James Casey. Can you be any more productive or awesome than that? Because that was sick. I hope they replay that catch on ESPN over and over, that's a top ten catch. The ball floating over a defender, JC laying out and bringing it in....just awesome!!

Defense:
No. I'm giving theirs to Andre Johnson, who absolutely disappeared after a monster first half. First half was still good enough to steal the defense's ball away because they don't deserve it at all. 40 points is ridiculous, I don't care if you're playing Jesus, Breesus or any deity.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game-Balls

Game balls are given when your team wins. And I'm not talking about a moral victory.
Old 09-26-2011   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Game balls are given when your team wins. And I'm not talking about a moral victory.
I agree .... Just Win.

Casey did have a hell of a day .... 25+ YPC and even had a play where he lined up at tailback for a solid gain.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Geez. Why don't you just shit all over it for no reason then? Cuz I'm pretty sure without dooshgoggles on you would know I just meant who had the best game for offense and defense.

That's what I get for starting a thread that isn't overwhelmingly negative and stupid I suppose.

Go Texans. Woo.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense: Casey...The great part about that game is it has to open some DCs eyes when they play us now. This guy MUST be accounted for...wow.

Defense: Demeco Ryans. Looked a lot like the old Meco yesterday. Making plays around the LOS not 5 or 6 yards after it.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Offense: Casey...The great part about that game is it has to open some DCs eyes when they play us now. This guy MUST be accounted for...wow.

Defense: Demeco Ryans. Looked a lot like the old Meco yesterday. Making plays around the LOS not 5 or 6 yards after it.
See? Wasn't so hard was it?

Nice picks friend.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
dooshgoggles
Yes, I think I can rep you for that.
Old 09-26-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm going to give a game ball to Bryce McCain......

For managing to stay off the Saints highlight reel.
Old 09-26-2011   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Geez. Why don't you just shit all over it for no reason then?
Way back when I played football, they only gave out game balls when you won. Thought that you might want to know that. Maybe that's changed in the "Everyone gets ice cream for participating" era we live in. Sorry if I bruised your...feelings.
Old 09-26-2011   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Way back when I played football, they only gave out game balls when you won. Thought that you might want to know that. Maybe that's changed in the "Everyone gets ice cream for participating" era we live in. Sorry if I bruised your...feelings.
Better yet, do away with the scoreboard. Everyone gets a trophy and a ring at the end of the season.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #11
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Better yet, do away with the scoreboard. Everyone gets a trophy and a ring at the end of the season.
I think you just got my GAME BALL for that comment lol..

Sorry, OP to continually "shit your thread" but this gets NO BALLS. #dukes
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #12
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Another vote here for no game balls for a loss.

Sorry, Time Killer, don't mean to crap on your thread but this is a very "moral victory" mentality. I would have been on board with it during the first couple of seasons, but it's season ten and anything short of a win is.....a loss.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we do a "No Balls" thread for the worst players on offense and defense after any loss.

After watching the game I nominate Kareem Jackson for defense and Jacoby Jones on offense for not having any BALLS. Hopefully these two players will be able to find their balls sometime in the near future. Although I'm not real confident Kareem ever had any to began with.
Old 09-26-2011   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Game ball goes to Rusty Da dog .... the saints mascot
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you please make sure you pass them out before the game and not after? There are some players out there that could us them, becuase they've been playing without any game balls for too long.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #16
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Must spread rep. Came in to say this.

That being said, Casey had the best game on offense, and I don't think anyone deserves one on D.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #17
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right and that is right if you are coaching a football team.

But we are fans. There is NOTHING wrong with discussing who played the best after a loss.

As a part of the actual team that is something you don't want your players to talk about. How would it sound if Andre said "We loss but I got 100 and something yards, I had a good game." That's a losers mentality. What if we saw Kubiak handing out a game ball to Andre after this game? That would suck.

But again we are fans not the players or coaches. It is safe to talk about who played well in a losing effort. It's really not that serious, all he's asking for is who you thought played the best on offense and defense. Nothing more and nothing less. No one is getting actual game balls.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

My balls did kinda hurt after that game ..... Kept wondering who kicked me but no one else was home accept for Grandma and she cant get up much less kick ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #19
Lucky

Quote:
No one is getting actual game balls.
Really? Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-27-2011   #20
TimeKiller

Quote:
Bitches just hatin' because you grew up before refrigeration/ice cream hahahaha. I don't give a flying **** about the stone ages. Just so we're clear, I didn't grow up with participation awards either. But I did grow up being able to talk about anything I wanted to talk about. Like for instance, I don't care to be one of the people SHITTING all over this board. I'd like to see who everyone thought had a good game. I can't even believe some of the things I read, it's like I'm watching a different team, different game, some of the things said didn't even happen and there they are. My most sincere apologies for elbow dropping your sense of aesthetics by using the phrase GameBalls... I didn't mean to flash you back to your youth football a.k.a. the year of our lord 18hundred and 23 hahaha.....Come on 'Oldilocks, lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Another vote here for no game balls for a loss.

Sorry, Time Killer, don't mean to crap on your thread but this is a very "moral victory" mentality. I would have been on board with it during the first couple of seasons, but it's season ten and anything short of a win is.....a loss.
No it isn't. They lost, like only they can. Did you see me trying to unexplain, re-explain, use pictures or anything to spin this into a moral victory? No.

All you have to do is think that somebody on the team did something right. That maybe, just maybe it would be ok to filter through all the bullshit on this board right now and have a discussion about what went well.

But if y'all would just like to discuss the discussion.......

Quote:
But we are fans. There is NOTHING wrong with discussing who played the best after a loss.

But again we are fans not the players or coaches. It is safe to talk about who played well in a losing effort. It's really not that serious, all he's asking for is who you thought played the best on offense and defense. Nothing more and nothing less. No one is getting actual game balls.
Actually, I mailed them yesterday......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read