Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roman Harper cheap shot?

On that key 3rd down where Schaub went down like a fainting goat, he did have a legitimate reason for his head and neck to be in pain.

After Schaub goes down, Roman Harper goes down to cover up Schaub.

The video is here:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orlean...sack-6-yd-loss

From the last two slow-mo angles, it looks like Harper intentionally raises his right knee/thigh to plant it onto Schaub's dome. Very sneaky cheap shot there by Harper.

Judge for yourselves. I think it looks fishy. Why raise his right leg off the ground like that? It looks unnatural, unless you were intentionally trying to knee the guy in the head.

edit:

gifs for those that don't want to click the link

watch Harper's right knee and how he turns his hips.

Last edited by kwayshauntay; 09-26-2011 at 03:01 AM.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roman Harper cheap shot?

There's nothing there. He went to make sure Schaub was downed and his momentum carried him into him and he hit at some awkward angle. Nothing intentional at all from what I saw.
Old 09-26-2011   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

All I got out of all that is that Schaub will not make it out in Hollywood. He's a ****ty actor. I kinda felt that he was playing the injured card to slow the clock down.

Either way, I'm glad he's ok.
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2331 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't say for sure what Schaub really felt, but to me it looked like he felt contact on his helmet and decided to try and act a little to see if he can draw a flag.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #5
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm far from a Schaub fan, but I don't think he was acting.

Nick Collins of the Packers is out for the season with a neck injury in which his neck was jarred in a similar fashion, though the Collins blow was obviously more severe.

(vid: http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-...out-for-season)

What happened to Collins was clearly accidental.

What Harper did looked kind of intentional, to me at least.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been trying to get that blow to head call all year. It's not working. His acting is on par w the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it was intentional but Schaub's head gets a quick little snap and those don't feel good. Acting? Knees to the head hurt fool.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2011   #8
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 594 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected

Please. Dude was trying to draw a flag. That was plain as day for anyone to see, including the refs, who apparently didn't see much of anything else that game (on both sides of the ball).

Schaub is better than that. Way better. I get the whole "win at all cost" mentality, but that was embarrassing to watch.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It didn't look intentional to me. Seemed like Harper was coming in fast and did his best to put his hands on the ground and avoid hitting Schaub and not draw a flag.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #10
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 241 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
On that key 3rd down where Schaub went down like a fainting goat, he did have a legitimate reason for his head and neck to be in pain.

After Schaub goes down, Roman Harper goes down to cover up Schaub.

The video is here:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orlean...sack-6-yd-loss

From the last two slow-mo angles, it looks like Harper intentionally raises his right knee/thigh to plant it onto Schaub's dome. Very sneaky cheap shot there by Harper.

Judge for yourselves. I think it looks fishy. Why raise his right leg off the ground like that? It looks unnatural, unless you were intentionally trying to knee the guy in the head.

edit:

gifs for those that don't want to click the link

watch Harper's right knee and how he turns his hips.

It looks to me that Harper lifted his knee to actually avoid hitting Schaub in the head with it. He ended up sliding into him with his hip, instead.
Old 09-26-2011   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

If the refs didn't call the two A-holes who were bladantly holding on to AJ's jersey near the end of the second quarter, they certainly weren't going to call that.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #12
wope
Rookie

lol you can't be serious. reaching much? just accept the loss..
wope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRusty View Post
Please. Dude was trying to draw a flag. That was plain as day for anyone to see, including the refs, who apparently didn't see much of anything else that game (on both sides of the ball).

Schaub is better than that. Way better. I get the whole "win at all cost" mentality, but that was embarrassing to watch.
This is the first thing I've seen you post where I really thought "What?" Dude wasn't trying to draw a flag. It probably hurt but it wasn't anything big. Schaub's been hammered over the years particularly in the head. A few years ago he got mugged by the Chargers and probably should have pressed charges. His reaction wasn't "embarrassing". For the record I didn't think Harper did anything intentionally but try and cover the QB up. **** happens, people get hit in awkward ways during football games. Everyone's moving and nobody can read minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
It looks to me that Harper lifted his knee to actually avoid hitting Schaub in the head with it. He ended up sliding into him with his hip, instead.
This is what I saw as well. I thought it looked like he didn't quite get the knee out of the way and he did hit Schaub with it but it was in no way malicious or intentional nor should it have been called a penalty. Instead I call it "football".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wope View Post
lol you can't be serious. reaching much? just accept the loss..
He's serious but he's wrong.
Old 09-26-2011   #14
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad calls all around. The game is so subjective that its turning into basketball. A guy running a 4.4 hits another guy running a 4.4, there is going to be a mess. As Manning is learning, you basically have to arm tackle now. The Texans should throw jump passes over the middle all day. Guaranteed penalty or catch.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
twyst
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
The game is so subjective that its turning into basketball. A guy running a 4.4 hits another guy running a 4.4, there is going to be a mess. As Manning is learning, you basically have to arm tackle now. The Texans should throw jump passes over the middle all day. Guaranteed penalty or catch.
The rules are definitely getting ridiculous in regards to contact with receivers. They have made it almost impossible to defend against the pass over the middle anymore. Goodell is ruining the game. Im not sure how you are supposed to hit people with your shoulder without leading with your head etc......
twyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #16
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 594 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is the first thing I've seen you post where I really thought "What?" Dude wasn't trying to draw a flag. It probably hurt but it wasn't anything big. Schaub's been hammered over the years particularly in the head. A few years ago he got mugged by the Chargers and probably should have pressed charges. His reaction wasn't "embarrassing". For the record I didn't think Harper did anything intentionally but try and cover the QB up. **** happens, people get hit in awkward ways during football games. Everyone's moving and nobody can read minds.
Fair enough. I'll correct my statement to say it looked to me like Schaub was laying it on a little thick there at the end and was trying to get that "roughing the passer" call that they seem to hand out like candy these days. If he really was in that much pain then that collision was way worse than it looked from the few shots we have, but yes he's on the field, we're not so who is to say how bad it was.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #17
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub feels one hand touch him and he'll be down like a sack of potatoes. I see a defender take one step into the pocket and I know Schaub will soon go down or throw an interception. His scrambling ability is nil.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Nah, didn't really look like a cheap shot in real time, and the replays make it feel the same now a day later.
Old 09-26-2011   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ridiculous to assert this was a cheap shot, and equally so to say Schaub was faking it. You guys think that just because you wear a helmet you can't compress your spine or see stars when a knee hits you right on the top of the head? Do us all a favor and climb a chair, put on your helmet and fall head first into the floor.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

wasnt a cheap shot imo, but he did get a knee to the head that snapped his head back...anyone who's had one of those know they hurt like hell....im sure he's got some soreness back there today.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read