Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This is a @%^ing joke

Specknatz used to call me the debbie downer of the board. I'm generally not too excited or too upset with the team. I don't understand the attitude of this board.

Last year wasn't the same. The Cowboys came into our house and dominated us. It was apparent in that game that we didn't have the talent to compete in the secondary. We were manhandled last year. This game was an away game not to a team that is a 6-10 team, but to a team that is a playoff contender. They just got beaten in a track meet against a GB that is the best team in the league. That was at home. We're not GB. Not yet. We're not 2010 texans either.

We do need a few things. We have room for progress. The fact is, we have the talent to fix our problems. We just need to finish in the redzone. I think foster helps fix that. I thought we had issues with the offense in the first half of the Indy games. This is a team that is struggling to find sustained success. We know we can compete with just about any team in the league but competing and winning are not the same. How do you fix that? You never take your foot off the gas on offense. Yes our defense gave up points in the second half but seriously how long were they supposed to do that? They did their job. They put the offense in position. Arian helps when he gets back but, and I loved Casey, we need some vickers in the red zone. We need that bruiser. Oh, and we need Arian. Or Ward. In a game that we get up 10 points and we only ran the ball 20ish times in the game? This team is supposed to dominate you on the ground.

All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray. Look at the Washington game last year. The cowboys game? We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.

But to you who are talking about doomsday? Go watch the Dallas game from last year. Tell me if that is the same team you saw?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: This is a @%^ing joke

Talking about , where the hell is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray...We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.
Exactly.

Stop with all the whining. Sheesh

Back to work Tuesday ... Steelhers next up.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Talking about , where the hell is he?
I've asked that before. Anyone know?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

No!!! We must send Toro to the taxidermist!!

I'm disappointed we lost but geez... That absolutely was a good, fun football game to watch up all the way to the end. I am excited about this team.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've asked that before. Anyone know?

Mike
We don't speak of it and as long as the body stays under we never will.
Old 09-26-2011   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The forum members creating thread after thread about how shitty the team is need to stop and breathe into a paper sack. Yes, the D didnt look good vs. Brees and the Saints. And I am disappointed in the D's 4th quarter game. But this is a good team who has to rebound and get ready to host Pitt.

Stop overreacting and looking for every little thing to criticize.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Specknatz used to call me the debbie downer of the board. I'm generally not too excited or too upset with the team. I don't understand the attitude of this board.

Last year wasn't the same. The Cowboys came into our house and dominated us. It was apparent in that game that we didn't have the talent to compete in the secondary. We were manhandled last year. This game was an away game not to a team that is a 6-10 team, but to a team that is a playoff contender. They just got beaten in a track meet against a GB that is the best team in the league. That was at home. We're not GB. Not yet. We're not 2010 texans either.

We do need a few things. We have room for progress. The fact is, we have the talent to fix our problems. We just need to finish in the redzone. I think foster helps fix that. I thought we had issues with the offense in the first half of the Indy games. This is a team that is struggling to find sustained success. We know we can compete with just about any team in the league but competing and winning are not the same. How do you fix that? You never take your foot off the gas on offense. Yes our defense gave up points in the second half but seriously how long were they supposed to do that? They did their job. They put the offense in position. Arian helps when he gets back but, and I loved Casey, we need some vickers in the red zone. We need that bruiser. Oh, and we need Arian. Or Ward. In a game that we get up 10 points and we only ran the ball 20ish times in the game? This team is supposed to dominate you on the ground.

All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray. Look at the Washington game last year. The cowboys game? We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.

But to you who are talking about doomsday? Go watch the Dallas game from last year. Tell me if that is the same team you saw?

Mike
The problems you speak of have existed for 5 yrs. They are part and parcell to a Gary coached team.

They only play half a game. It will continue to be this way. The only thing that might be different is Wade may be able to cover up some of Garys deficiencies.

But I fully expect the Texans to continue to play 2 qtrs of football. That will be enough to beat the Mia, Indy,and KC's of the world. But it's not going to cut it against the good teams like Balt,Pitts,N.O. etc....
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The problems you speak of have existed for 5 yrs. They are part and parcell to a Gary coached team.

They only play half a game. It will continue to be this way. The only thing that might be different is Wade may be able to cover up some of Garys deficiencies.

But I fully expect the Texans to continue to play 2 qtrs of football. That will be enough to beat the Mia, Indy,and KC's of the world. But it's not going to cut it against the good teams like Balt,Pitts,N.O. etc....
This season is playing out, so far, like the other 5 have. To write the
Texans off, is to know what's going to happen in the future. Those
who seem to "complain" about this season are simply stating their
displeasure with the consistent pattern we've seen under six
years of Kubiak. We all hope this pattern changes, and the fact
that it hasn't, pisses people off.

Get over it. When Kubiak changes the course of this team, so will
the tone of a lot of posters to this board.

Peace.
Old 09-26-2011   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This season is playing out, so far, like the other 5 have. To write the
Texans off, is to know what's going to happen in the future. Those
who seem to "complain" about this season are simply stating their
displeasure with the consistent pattern we've seen under six
years of Kubiak. We all hope this pattern changes, and the fact
that it hasn't, pisses people off.

Get over it. When Kubiak changes the course of this team, so will
the tone of a lot of posters to this board.

Peace.
Beyond the record, nothing is the same from last year. This team has been significantly better.

Comparing the losses illustrates that. Last year we got dominated, at home, by a poor team. This year we were competitive through 4 quarters at one of the best teams in the NFC. It's night and day.

If you fail to recognize that then you're simply being obtuse.
Old 09-26-2011   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
My problem about yesterday is not the level of play but the level of heart.

If yesterday was a championship game, would you be satisfied with the Texans leave it all on the field effort, do whatever it takes to win grit?

And before anyone says, "well it wasn't a championship", the Saints played like it was.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Beyond the record, nothing is the same from last year. This team has been significantly better.

Comparing the losses illustrates that. Last year we got dominated, at home, by a poor team. This year we were competitive through 4 quarters at one of the best teams in the NFC. It's night and day.

If you fail to recognize that then you're simply being obtuse.
I think he gets what you are saying just like I do....but HIS point is what everyone is failing to address...see before it was if we got dominated say 38-10, people will say its just one game that we need to wipe from our minds and keep moving forward...now b/c the game is closer BUT we still lose, people are saying the other team is just that good, it was a road game, yada yada ya. The problem is its still a loss and even worse we should have won. Not talking about winning every game or 16-0; you play every week and that 1 game at a time with your best effort is what you think about. I fully believe this team should finish no worse than 11-5, but you have got to win games like this one. I guarantee there will be a game that every1 will think we should win and we will lose, and this Saints game could have helped offset that. The world isn't ending and this team will succeed.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #14
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the biggest things I took from the whole game was our continued problem with clock management.

Now, I'm no football guru, but come on. With less than five minutes left and driving for a potential game winning score, why on God's green Earth would you not ground and pound and "EAT THE CLOCK!!"?? I was so frustrated with our plays to the side line on that drive. Why did they keep going out of bounds?

Hopefully this is something they learn from, but we'll see. To me, seems Kubiak, in year 6, still hasn't figured out how to manage the clock.

That Tate drop was HUGE. Followed by Shaub INT on the last drive...uggh

The defense looked tired in the 4th. I think they were solid for 3 quarters.

The offense has got to score in the Red Zone...more than 3 points.

Other than that, I am happy about this game. I think if we win it we go on a skid. I think this was a good game for the team to get re focused and also a good learning experience for the D.
Old 09-26-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Here too hoping there is not yet another fatal collapse by the Texans this year. The good news is that this year 8-8 or 7-9 just might be good enough.
Old 09-26-2011   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I think he gets what you are saying just like I do....but HIS point is what everyone is failing to address...see before it was if we got dominated say 38-10, people will say its just one game that we need to wipe from our minds and keep moving forward...now b/c the game is closer BUT we still lose, people are saying the other team is just that good, it was a road game, yada yada ya. The problem is its still a loss and even worse we should have won. Not talking about winning every game or 16-0; you play every week and that 1 game at a time with your best effort is what you think about. I fully believe this team should finish no worse than 11-5, but you have got to win games like this one. I guarantee there will be a game that every1 will think we should win and we will lose, and this Saints game could have helped offset that. The world isn't ending and this team will succeed.
If you have to lose some games in a season, what better game to lose than to one of the best teams in the NFC on the road?

You think we're going to lose 5? Pick 5 games you'd rather lose. Much less doing so competitively. Would you rather lose to the Browns? The Jags? The Panthers?

We lost to a really good team on the road. It happens. Ask the Saints.

Take solace in the fact that we were not only competitive, but dominated the Saints for parts of the game. If we start blowing games to the likes of the Jags, then you can start sounding the "same old Texans" alarm.
Old 09-26-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills down by 21 beat "all anyone can talk about" Patriots...

Media darling Jets fall apart losing to the Raiders...

Giants roll Dream Team Eagles in Philly...

Lowly Chiefs within 1 minute of beating the "Super Bowl" Chargers...

Steelers need late FG to beat the toothless Colts.

The Texans reached the Saints' 4, 9, 9 and 18 yard lines and come away with only FGs. We have things to work on, but it's just one game in the NotForLong. Next.
Old 09-26-2011   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's still early and I kinda figured we'd lose this game, but damn. The 4th quarter was no different than what we saw last year. Seemed like we were giving the ole 7-10 yard cushions again. Allowing Brees to get rid of it so quick the pass rush never had a chance.
Old 09-26-2011   #19
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
No offense, but I'll agee with this statement when I can no longer predict the exact drive/play Matt is going to throw a back-breaking interception and worst-possible-time sacks in crunch time.

Maybe it's just the cynicism I've developed from trying to survive as a fan for so long, but I can honestly feel when we're going to blow a game at the end. I felt this way from their first TD after halftime.

Quite honestly, if the Saints had been able to hold on the to ball, and Brees hadn't made bad decisions with his picks, this game is a 50+ pointer for the Saints, and most likely a blowout in their favor when it should have been the other way around.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if things didn't go the way I thought they would in my predictions thread, I still feel as though we have a good team. Next up is a team that we are more than capable of beating, and also a team with which we face much heavier consequences with if we lose.

I do think that Mario had a bad game yesterday, but the defense sucking it in the 4th quarter was not solely on his shoulders.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read