Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011   #1
c10x
Veteran
 
c10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My thoughts on the game

Hi everyone.

I'm seeing lots of knee jerk reaction threads, and posts, and frankly I'm a little disappointed in the fan base. Not that I should expect anything different, but it is what it is.

I'll start with the obvious. Red zone efficiency killed us. We won the turnover battle, and started very strong, which are two things that I thought would be keys to victory. But ultimately, you can't win on the road, versus a very good team if you get 3's instead of 7's.

The entire offense clearly was lacking some explosiveness that Foster provides. I know some will say that the saints were lacking Colston and Vilma, but neither of those guys are as good as Foster. Foster is the reason we have an explosive offense, and that's not meant as any disrespect to Ben Tate. I thought Tate looked very good in spurts today, and is doing quite well considering its his 3rd regular season game. We really just needed some depth there, and Foster / Ward simply can't get back soon enough.

Tough loss, especially because I thought with about 11 minutes to go we were in a very good position to win the game. And to make matters worse, I thought we had everything we needed to go down the field and win the game at about 6 minutes to go. And we did. But we abandoned the run, and only took about 90seconds off the clock. I don't know how our coaches didn't look at the game clock and feel the momentum of the game, and say "we really, really shouldn't let Brees have 4+ minutes to drive on us with only a 1 point lead". That was inexcusable in my opinion, but at the same time at some point you just have to have faith in your defense. The problem is, this is professional football. When you go up against top tier teams, they have stars being paid millions to perform too.

And that really transitions me into my next major point. To the people freaking out... we just played the Saints. In New Orleans. And had them on the ropes for essentially the entire game. And it wasn't one of Brees' fluke bad games. Honestly, sometimes players like Brees and Brady and Manning and Rodgers go off completing 80% of their passes, shredding defenses. Thats why they are who they are. I like winning, and dominating good teams too. But I think what we learned today is that we CAN play with the best in the league, and we can win. We didn't today, but thats not because we can't. Its because we weren't deep enough at RB today to stay committed to running the ball. I never expected us to go undefeated, and if you are going to lose, I'd much rather it be in a game like this, against a good team, in a battle, than watch us fold against a team we shouldn't lose to.

I don't believe in moral victories. But I also don't believe in beating your guys up over good effort. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a guy who plays as well as Brees did today.
__________________
Proud fan of Texas and the Texans!
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm seeing lots of knee jerk reaction threads, and posts, and frankly I'm a little disappointed in the fan base. Not that I should expect anything different, but it is what it is.

I'll start with the obvious. Red zone efficiency killed us. We won the turnover battle, and started very strong, which are two things that I thought would be keys to victory. But ultimately, you can't win on the road, versus a very good team if you get 3's instead of 7's.

The entire offense clearly was lacking some explosiveness that Foster provides. I know some will say that the saints were lacking Colston and Vilma, but neither of those guys are as good as Foster. Foster is the reason we have an explosive offense, and that's not meant as any disrespect to Ben Tate. I thought Tate looked very good in spurts today, and is doing quite well considering its his 3rd regular season game. We really just needed some depth there, and Foster / Ward simply can't get back soon enough.

Tough loss, especially because I thought with about 11 minutes to go we were in a very good position to win the game. And to make matters worse, I thought we had everything we needed to go down the field and win the game at about 6 minutes to go. And we did. But we abandoned the run, and only took about 90seconds off the clock. I don't know how our coaches didn't look at the game clock and feel the momentum of the game, and say "we really, really shouldn't let Brees have 4+ minutes to drive on us with only a 1 point lead". That was inexcusable in my opinion, but at the same time at some point you just have to have faith in your defense. The problem is, this is professional football. When you go up against top tier teams, they have stars being paid millions to perform too.

And that really transitions me into my next major point. To the people freaking out... we just played the Saints. In New Orleans. And had them on the ropes for essentially the entire game. And it wasn't one of Brees' fluke bad games. Honestly, sometimes players like Brees and Brady and Manning and Rodgers go off completing 80% of their passes, shredding defenses. Thats why they are who they are. I like winning, and dominating good teams too. But I think what we learned today is that we CAN play with the best in the league, and we can win. We didn't today, but thats not because we can't. Its because we weren't deep enough at RB today to stay committed to running the ball. I never expected us to go undefeated, and if you are going to lose, I'd much rather it be in a game like this, against a good team, in a battle, than watch us fold against a team we shouldn't lose to.

I don't believe in moral victories. But I also don't believe in beating your guys up over good effort. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a guy who plays as well as Brees did today.
Your surprised ? I'm not we always have People come out of the woods claiming to be long time fans who make it seem like its the end of the world for us. I really could care less. We have a solid team and we BARELY lost to another solid team.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,192
Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
I think what we learned today is that we CAN play with the best in the league, and we can win.
I appreciate your sentiment, but I think what we really learned today is that the Texans are still a team that can't beat the best in the league.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #4
c10x
Veteran
 
c10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I appreciate your sentiment, but I think what we really learned today is that the Texans are still a team that can't beat the best in the league.
You are saying you watched that game, and you thought we had no chance? That we couldn't win?

We didn't win, but for your take away to be that we can't is simply wrong.
__________________
Proud fan of Texas and the Texans!
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #5
c10x
Veteran
 
c10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Also. Hats off to the Saints OL. We had very little pass rush today. I don't think the secondary is as bad as it looked today... Brees just had all day for plays to develop.
__________________
Proud fan of Texas and the Texans!
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,473
Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

The defense did what I expected, to be honest. And frankly, it's what I expect they're going to do the rest of the season. They're not going to shut out the top offenses, but they'll get a few key stops, get a key turnover or two, and do some bending without breaking. Actually, think about the Saints when they won the SB. They didn't have dominant defense; in fact, they had a pretty poor pass defense. But they got key turnovers and gave the ball back to the best offense in the league that year.

Our defense has to do that, and I think they did. Our "top five" offense, on the other hand, kicked four FGs with those opportunities. The QB of that offense wasn't sharp. I know, stats this, stats that ... blah blah, blah. If you don't have a total shutdown defense in today's NFL, your offense needs to be efficient and effective. The Texans offense was neither efficient today nor effective when it counted. Again, 33 points, stats this and that, blah blah blah.

The defense gave up 40 points to the Saints. They aren't the first unit to do that. Ask yourself how many points the defense might have given up if the offense had scored three TDs and one FG instead of the other way around? That affects the entire game. And like it or not, the rules in the NFL are skewed these days to favor the offense. So the offense is going to have to bear the load, whether they like it or not. Any Houston fan who went into halftime thinking things were fine was deluded.

The Texans are good. The offense is good, but not as good as their yardage stats would suggest. The defense is good, but not really #1 overall, and I think everyone knew it. And the Texans are not a Super Bowl contender. The Saints are. All that may change over the course of the season, but right now, that's reality. As fans, just kick back and enjoy what will be the first real winning season in franchise history.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,693
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

One thing I'm noticing is Manning getting a personal foul every game. He's going to be watched like a hawk from now on.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
One thing I'm noticing is Manning getting a personal foul every game. He's going to be watched like a hawk from now on.
i guess its better than him playing soft like our safties last season. He needs to tune it down a little but i am liking what i have been seeing from him thus far.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame
 
TheRealJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Conroe
Age: 27
Posts: 3,688
Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

When Tate pulled up limping in the 4th quarter the running game went out the window. Slaton is our 4th string Rb and he plays like a 4th stringer. Without a viable running attack we went one dimensional. Foster/Ward cant come back soon enough.

Don't even get me started on how much Foster improves the redzone O.
__________________
What did the city of Houston do to anger the football gods?
TheRealJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
When Tate pulled up limping in the 4th quarter the running game went out the window. Slaton is our 4th string Rb and he plays like a 4th stringer. Without a viable running attack we went one dimensional. Foster/Ward cant come back soon enough.

Don't even get me started on how much Foster improves the redzone O.
yeah foster has skills beyond what the ZBS brings running backs. He has the skill set to make anyone miss in the open field, a lil swing down pass to him is good for 10+ yards 4 out of 5 times. Tate is a solid runner but he's not Foster.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,192
Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
You are saying you watched that game, and you thought we had no chance? That we couldn't win?
I knew in my heart, before the teams took the field, that this was the kind of game the Texans don't win.

I watched it anyway because I always hope I'll be surprised.

I wasn't surprised they didn't win because the Texans don't win big games against the NFL's best teams. The Texans aren't contenders. The Texans are fool's gold---again.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #12
Texn4life
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 33
Posts: 3,055
Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah foster has skills beyond what the ZBS brings running backs. He has the skill set to make anyone miss in the open field, a lil swing down pass to him is good for 10+ yards 4 out of 5 times. Tate is a solid runner but he's not Foster.

I agree! Tate missed a lot of cuts today. Slaton shouldn't even be on the roster anymore. Foster isn't the quickest or fastest but his vision is second to none in the league I think.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I knew in my heart, before the teams took the field, that this was the kind of game the Texans don't win.

I watched it anyway because I always hope I'll be surprised.

I wasn't surprised they didn't win because the Texans don't win big games against the NFL's best teams. The Texans aren't contenders. The Texans are fool's gold---again.
i wouldnt say we arent contenders. I dont see how losing an away game to a REALLY good saints team makes us NOT contenders. Our offense re took the lead 3-4 times over the game, we responded well until late. I think our Defense needs more time to get down the scheme a little better.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree! Tate missed a lot of cuts today. Slaton shouldn't even be on the roster anymore. Foster isn't the quickest or fastest but his vision is second to none in the league I think.
yeah tate is a good runner, and he does make some good cuts but when foster cuts it always makes announcers saw WOW. I mean watching him run is a thing of beauty.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #15
Texn4life
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 33
Posts: 3,055
Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah tate is a good runner, and he does make some good cuts but when foster cuts it always makes announcers saw WOW. I mean watching him run is a thing of beauty.
He glides when he runs. Tate's not nearly as smooth. Runs hard and tough, but Foster is a much better runner. We'll have a killer 1-2 combo for years to come though.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #16
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
He glides when he runs. Tate's not nearly as smooth. Runs hard and tough, but Foster is a much better runner. We'll have a killer 1-2 combo for years to come though.
yeah tate and ward are nearly identical IMO. Foster is the kind of RB that you could play Opra music while he runs and it would all seem to make sense .
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist
 
TexansFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,192
Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i wouldnt say we arent contenders. I dont see how losing an away game to a REALLY good saints team makes us NOT contenders. Our offense re took the lead 3-4 times over the game, we responded well until late. I think our Defense needs more time to get down the scheme a little better.
Looking at the remaining schedule and knowing what I know about the teams we have yet to play, I can still see another seven or eight wins ahead. But the team I watched today isn't good enough to advance in the playoffs.

So, I guess that means the Texans are playoff contenders but not championship contenders.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #18
gary
Hall of Fame
 
gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wheelchair
Age: 22
Posts: 21,458
Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

I think how they play next week against the Steelers will tell us a lot about them.
__________________
Without the strength to endure the crisis, one will not see the opportunity within. It is within the process of endurance that opportunity reveals itself.
Chin-Ning Chu -
gary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #19
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Looking at the remaining schedule and knowing what I know about the teams we have yet to play, I can still see another seven or eight wins ahead. But the team I watched today isn't good enough to advance in the playoffs.

So, I guess that means the Texans are playoff contenders but not championship contenders.
Its amazing how thin of a line there is between the two.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #20
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid
 
EllisUnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,081
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think how they play next week against the Steelers will tell us a lot about them.
yeah, today told me a lot about them. thats why i feel confident about the remainder of the season.
__________________
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again."
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger