Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who expected 16-0?

Look, I watched the same game you all did and I also felt disappointed that we didn't leave NOLA with a W, but did you all actually think that we would go undefeated this year? Fact: good teams lose football games too. This doesn't mean that our season is in the toilet right now. It just means that we have issues on both sides of the ball that we need to fix.......just the same way that the other 31 teams have shit to fix. I honestly feel that all of our issues are correctable and I have confidence that they'll get them ironed out this week. I just hate to see the amount of knee-jerk reactions that are going on about 1 loss. Let me say that again, 1 loss. Keep it in perspective, it's a 16 game marathon, not a 3 game sprint.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #2
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who expected 16-0?

We've been saying for a while now, if we can go 2-2 in the first 4 games, we should be in good shape
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking 15-1

Who's with me?
Old 09-25-2011   #4
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think few people would have marked us down for a W when we got the schedule. We played a good team in their house and lost. I'm ok with that. I'm hoping that our staff can actually fix the problems that we see from the first 3 weeks.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I certainly didn't have the Texans winning this game. In fact I said they would put up only 14 points the whole game. The Texans had an opportunity today to go 3-0 but due to Kubiak's asinine decisions in the red zone we stand at 2-1. That's solid and I just have a feeling that next week at home we'll beat up on the Steelers. The season is not over, but a great opportunity was missed today. There are still lot's of question marks around this team, specially on defense but a great offense like the Saints will do that to you. We're not a legitimate Super Bowl contender yet and to become one we have to be able to close out games and that's part of the learning process for this team. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll become a team like the Saints and Packers who know what it takes to be great.
Old 09-25-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm thinking 15-1

Who's with me?
right here
Old 09-25-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm thinking 15-1

Who's with me?
I was thinkin more along the lines of 18-1 ......

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2011   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Who expected 16-0?

I wanted this game so badly (I work with a Saints fan). I'll hear it at work tomorrow, but then again, what I wanted from this 4 game stretch was to see this team improve & learn how to win as the year goes on. The Texans never gave up fighting on the road against a quality opponent. I'll take this loss in exchange for wins as the year goes on.
Old 09-25-2011   #9
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't the point. The point is 26 - 17 in the 4th, and we lost.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Against Drew Brees and the Saints. What's your point?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #11
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
26-17 in the 4th Qtr.

You wanna be the man. You gotta beat the man.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
26-17 in the 4th Qtr.

You wanna be the man. You gotta beat the man.

Had we scored TD's on half those FG's it still would have been a big task to keep that offense down for an entire game. Saints are that good.
Old 09-25-2011   #13
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was thinkin more along the lines of 18-1 ......
yeah i have to go with this i think that was by far our toughest game of the season no other teams we play have that good of an offense, and their defense isnt exactly scrubs.
Old 09-25-2011   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't expecting 16-0 but I also wasn't expecting to give up 40 points to a pass offense without their #1.
Old 09-25-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I wasn't expecting 16-0 but I also wasn't expecting to give up 40 points to a pass offense without their #1.
#1 WR ? well they arent the colts, they have plenty of weapons. So 1 guy goes down and they fill their spot, hell we are without our #1 RB.
Old 09-25-2011   #16
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
#1 WR ? well they arent the colts, they have plenty of weapons. So 1 guy goes down and they fill their spot, hell we are without our #1 RB.
Word.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I think few people would have marked us down for a W when we got the schedule. We played a good team in their house and lost. I'm ok with that. I'm hoping that our staff can actually fix the problems that we see from the first 3 weeks.
Well, before the season I posted 15-1 with loss to Steelers. We should have had this game. 9 point lead in 4th? We should have been able to hold that lead with runs and passes to TEs. We could have worked the middle as well as the Saints did.
Old 09-25-2011   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We lost. What's YOUR point?

Who gives a f--k who we lost against. We lost.

No, I'm not expecting to win every single game. But I will not apologize for being upset at a loss.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #19
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, didn't expect to go 16-0. However, I wanted the Texans to make a statement. They almost did. They were right there.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #20
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
We lost. What's YOUR point?

Who gives a f--k who we lost against. We lost.

No, I'm not expecting to win every single game. But I will not apologize for being upset at a loss.
No, you should f--king care who they lost against because the Texans have yet to beat a playoff caliber team. These are the teams you measure up against. The Saints, Steelers, Colts (with Manning), Ravens, Atlanta, these are the teams you need to beat and when you cannot defeat these caliber of teams, you start spinning your wheels in mediocrity...

I don't want the Texans to "just be happy they are in the playoffs" I want them to go in expecting to beat other playoff teams, however their history with these teams in the regular season does not shine a light of hope for me if/when the Texans get tot he playoffs....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read