Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who expected 16-0?

Cjeremy635

Overtraining
Look, I watched the same game you all did and I also felt disappointed that we didn't leave NOLA with a W, but did you all actually think that we would go undefeated this year? Fact: good teams lose football games too. This doesn't mean that our season is in the toilet right now. It just means that we have issues on both sides of the ball that we need to fix.......just the same way that the other 31 teams have **** to fix. I honestly feel that all of our issues are correctable and I have confidence that they'll get them ironed out this week. I just hate to see the amount of knee-jerk reactions that are going on about 1 loss. Let me say that again, 1 loss. Keep it in perspective, it's a 16 game marathon, not a 3 game sprint.

I think few people would have marked us down for a W when we got the schedule. We played a good team in their house and lost. I'm ok with that. I'm hoping that our staff can actually fix the problems that we see from the first 3 weeks.

I certainly didn't have the Texans winning this game. In fact I said they would put up only 14 points the whole game. The Texans had an opportunity today to go 3-0 but due to Kubiak's asinine decisions in the red zone we stand at 2-1. That's solid and I just have a feeling that next week at home we'll beat up on the Steelers. The season is not over, but a great opportunity was missed today. There are still lot's of question marks around this team, specially on defense but a great offense like the Saints will do that to you. We're not a legitimate Super Bowl contender yet and to become one we have to be able to close out games and that's part of the learning process for this team. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll become a team like the Saints and Packers who know what it takes to be great.

I wanted this game so badly (I work with a Saints fan). I'll hear it at work tomorrow, but then again, what I wanted from this 4 game stretch was to see this team improve & learn how to win as the year goes on. The Texans never gave up fighting on the road against a quality opponent. I'll take this loss in exchange for wins as the year goes on.

I wasn't expecting 16-0 but I also wasn't expecting to give up 40 points to a pass offense without their #1.

#1 WR ? well they arent the colts, they have plenty of weapons. So 1 guy goes down and they fill their spot, hell we are without our #1 RB.

I think few people would have marked us down for a W when we got the schedule. We played a good team in their house and lost. I'm ok with that. I'm hoping that our staff can actually fix the problems that we see from the first 3 weeks.
Well, before the season I posted 15-1 with loss to Steelers. We should have had this game. 9 point lead in 4th? We should have been able to hold that lead with runs and passes to TEs. We could have worked the middle as well as the Saints did.

Nope, didn't expect to go 16-0. However, I wanted the Texans to make a statement. They almost did. They were right there.

We lost. What's YOUR point?

Who gives a f--k who we lost against. We lost.

No, I'm not expecting to win every single game. But I will not apologize for being upset at a loss.

No, you should f--king care who they lost against because the Texans have yet to beat a playoff caliber team. These are the teams you measure up against. The Saints, Steelers, Colts (with Manning), Ravens, Atlanta, these are the teams you need to beat and when you cannot defeat these caliber of teams, you start spinning your wheels in mediocrity...

I don't want the Texans to "just be happy they are in the playoffs" I want them to go in expecting to beat other playoff teams, however their history with these teams in the regular season does not shine a light of hope for me if/when the Texans get tot he playoffs....

We lost. What's YOUR point?

Who gives a f--k who we lost against. We lost.

No, I'm not expecting to win every single game. But I will not apologize for being upset at a loss.

I haven't noticed any of the bs posts from you..... so I'd say you're alright.

Nothing wrong with being mad. I'm pretty sure we all are mad.

But ain't given up on the Texans' or this season.

Some guys are losing it.

This board gets so ugly all the time. Everybody wanted the win. We didn't get the win. However, the mistakes we made are things that we can correct. Not only that, but those mistakes likely won't even be an issue against 90% of the teams in this league. We have time to to iron out all the details before playoffs.

Heck, all we need is a healthy Foster and we win a game like this.

The "Always Crowned And Highly Decorated" New York Jets got beat by the Raiders today. Who saw THAT coming in Jetsville? Nobody.

Who saw the Bills beating the Patriots today, after having lost 15 STRAIGHT to the Patriots??? Nobody. Even the NFLN guys this morning were chuckling about how "dumb" it would be to dare pick the Bills over the Patriots. Oops.

Everybody shoots their wad in the first four weeks. Just look at us last year.

This loss is hung squarely upon playcalling in the red zone, and Kubiak knows it. We failed to STAY physical and failed to STAY vertical with the passing game even when faced with less real estate once you get down to the end zone area, we just sort of froze up and tried to eek out a TD every time. Schaub made several mistakes throwing the ball down there, too. The lack of having TWO quality RBs hurt us too. Oh, and we played in the Super Dome.

I watched some of the Steelers-Colts game. Steelers only dressed out EIGHT offensive linemen, and one guy went down and then another guy was on a cart on the sideline at the end of the game. They barely got by the Colts. That's not the same Steelers team we are familiar with. Every year they're getting less potent. Their line is in shambles. They're in our house next week.

If we are just good enough, and tough enough, to sweep our AFC South foes, that's 6 wins right there. Add the one win we've already got off Miami last week, and that leaves 9 games left to play. We should win at least 5 or 6 of those nine and finish either 13-3 or 12-4 winning the AFC South easily.

I see LOTS of ways this particular loss today is not as bad as some are making it out to be. Schaub is his own worst critic, but this year he has a better defense behind him by MILES and MILES, and I expect him to come out next week and drive nails into Steelers coffins fairly quickly at Reliant.

All Wade has to do is slide Manning toward KJ faster. Joseph is holding his own, IMO. Hell, Quin or Nolan can even roll to KJ for all I care. I'm not down on this defense yet. Lockout affected us, like it has other teams. New players in secondary are already producing with multiple interceptions and big-time knock downs of passes in critical moments.

It's not as bad as it feels, IMO. A loss will always sting. It should. We've got to get Ward or Foster in there ASAP, and hopefully Foster will stay healthy the rest of the way. He'll be primed for the late run toward the playoffs.

Oh, and Colts fans are staring at 0-3 right now. O'fer.

They gotta' get three straight wins JUST to get to .500, folks. Collins is not working out, either. And he knows it. Everybody knows it.

Britt (Titans WR) might be done for the year with a knee injury, and he was the Titans main threat--A damn good WR and gets better every year.

Jags are sporting a rookie QB who faced a fairly bad Panthers defense who isn't stopping anybody. Outside of MJD and their main WR, there's nobody.

Everybody erase your fan affiliation for a moment. Let Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones point that little red laser at your eyes and wait for the flash. After it flashes, look at the teams in the AFC South (look at their game film, records thus far, key injuries, who they've played thus far) and tell me which team in the South you would choose to place money on this season. The team, on paper at least, is the Texans. Yes, there's a prior history. But there have been key subtractions with the other three teams yet the Texans are making key additions at the same time.

Momentum is tipping, but everyone wants it to tip 100% immediately. That's what 9 years of getting beat down in the AFC SOuth has done to us. We're still suffering from the residual effects of Peyton Manning, David Garrard, and Vince Young...three QBs who have run circles around the Texans.

By the way, I wonder if Garrard becomes a Colts QB soon. Either Collins or Orlovsky will be gone. Garrard brings AFC South "recognition" to the table for the Colts. He knows the lay of the land here.

Back