Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why is this hard to get?

I'm going to try to post this and stay offline for the rest of the night and get back on tomorrow as I already made a rookie Texans fan mistake today and let this effect my mood and fun with my daughter today and I just want to enjoy the rest of my night now that I dropped her off.

I can only speak for myself here, but I get a feeling from reading others who are on the same page as me that I'm not upset that we lost. It's what happened.

Going into this game I did not expect to win in all honesty. However, after seeing the offense shred the Saints D time and time again I let myself get worked up that we had this one *IF* we played at this same pace the whole game.

How many trips in the red zone lead to FG's and not TD's? No need to quote stats here but you know how many (one was from the 3 yard line!!!). This is acceptable or not? Depends on what you accept as a "victory" I guess but for me, this is not acceptable this many times. This is not the 2000 Ravens defense against the Texans today so I refuse to act like it was a brick wall out there.

Did the defense struggle, yes they did and honestly, while I was let down by that, I do understand that they are still learning under Wade and this is a new scheme, only game 3, etc... I truly get all that, but the 3rd down conversions during crutial points in the game we gave up were too familiar to previous seasons (trying not to get started on KJ).

So, at no point today, never once have I said that the season is over, fire someone, this team sucks, etc. Yet, either my computer translates my posts into Russian or something when I hit submit on this board or some are just reading what they want and have too much Kool Aid in them right now still.

Here's the reason I get upset when this kind of loss happens, because I *DO* think this is a good team and I refuse to accept mediocrity any longer. I expect the Texans to make the playoffs and win hard games on the road and I apologize if that is something I'm not supposed to do as a fan and for not beeing a good sheep. Again, not simply because they lost, but what happened in the game to cause it when we clearly could have beat the **** out of the Saints today based on that 1st quarter and half.

I just don't get how this is hard to understand. Some of us are a glass half empty type and other half full. I recognize that in most of my life I am a half empty person, but, I don't know that this is the crux of my opinion about this game. There were obvious problems. I understand some just want to be happy about being 2-1 and don't take stock in the Texans having to prove themselves against elite teams, but I differ on that.

I feel like proving you can overcome stuff and proving yourself is key in everyday life. My boss won't promote me if I stumble on hard projects and I always just do what I am expected to do. Eventually this team has to put it all together and win these tough road games. I think we will win our division and make the playoffs, but if we lose to all the "good" teams on our schedule and only beat the crappy ones......well.....the playoff run may be shorter than we would like and I personally would like to go far.

It's funny to me also on how people judge "fanhood"....lol....leave that drivel at the door, not everyone here truly knows everyone in real life and you'd be making a mistake if you thought that I was anything other than a Texans die hard that wants to see them win and knows football. But that doesn't mean I'm going to just gloss over problems on this team. Some of us ***** because we *expect* this team to be good and start winning on a more consistent basis.

I am truly happy we are still 2-1 right now, but I'm not going to gloss over what I see on the field.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why is this hard to get?

Stop thinking we have an elite offense.

That will help. Maybe you think we are elite & can't understand why we had 16 points at halftime & not 28. Even though we've had 28 at halftime before & still lost those games.

We're a very good offense. But we went up against an elite offense & they scored 23 on our defense in the 4th Qtr. That's the game right there. Forget everything else, we had the lead going into the 4th Qtr, we scored 14 points in the 4th Qtr....... but we gave up 23 points (thank God they took off that last touchdown/field goal, whatever it was).
Old 09-25-2011   #3
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

That will help. Maybe you think we are elite & can't understand why we had 16 points at halftime & not 28. Even though we've had 28 at halftime before & still lost those games.

We're a very good offense. But we went up against an elite offense & they scored 23 on our defense in the 4th Qtr. That's the game right there. Forget everything else, we had the lead going into the 4th Qtr, we scored 14 points in the 4th Qtr....... but we gave up 23 points (thank God they took off that last touchdown/field goal, whatever it was).
Yeah, we scored 33 points and easily left 15 on the field, that's an elite offense, just one that isn't quite executing to it's full potential. Just because you're a great unit, doesn't mean it's always going to go right. There's a reason our red-zone problems disappeared last season. That reason was sitting on the sidelines in a hoody.
Ben Tate is really good, but he's not Foster yet, and in the redzone and pass-pro is where that is most evident.
Personally, I think this game cements we are a damn good team, and it proves the defense is capable of containing an elite offense for 50 minutes. I firmly believe given this situation 10 times, we win 8.
I know it's easy to say it's the same old Texans, burned too many times and all that. But look at it from this season's perspective, forget the rest. We beat two teams we should have beaten, and we outplayed a SuperBowl favorite on their own turf. Foster will get better. We will start converting more TDs in the red zone. The defense will keep improving.
I might get let down yet again by this team, but f*&k it, I believe in them.
Old 09-25-2011   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think that's a big part of it. "Elite" is so often used to describe our offense but look at what truly elite offenses in the NFL are doing and have been doing for a couple of years. The Patriots are destroying people and the Saints can give up 33 points and make it up in the blink of an eye. I think that in the past our offense looked to be somewhat "elite" at times because it is a good offense and from time to time it's going to light up the scoreboard but these consistently 30+ points offenses are in another league entirely. That doesn't mean we have to be able to do that. It just means that we have to field a defense and keep them in the lower atmosphere as opposed to the "edge of space" they usually run around in.

And our defense isn't done yet. It's still "cooking". We'll look a lot better over the second half of the season and probably start seeing better results over the next few weeks.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of posting in the last 24 hours using this one game to define what the Texans are, and what they are not.

The past few weeks it's been said that we can't score in the second half.
I guess that one is put to rest. 17 points.

Also frequently said is that the Texans always start slow, and need to get off to a better start.
Kicking early field-goals notwithstanding, I'd say scoring a TD on the opening drive, totaling 10 points in the 1st QTr, and 16 points in the first half says that we are able to put up points early in a game.

So, we may not meet the definition of elite, but I guess everyone that is using this single game to exemplify exactly what the Texans are, or what they are not, can also use this one game to dismiss those other criticisms...

right?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think many of us realize the team is getting better but are frustrated/angry at some plays/players. We focus on if "Schaub had just not over thrown that pass" or if "KJ had not allowed the WR to get past him on that play" or "if Mario had not allowed that one guy to slow him". We still get pumped when Schaub drills one right thru defensive hands into OD's or when AJ rips another pass from "impossible to catch" and brings it in. We high 5 everyone near when Tate busts a long one or JJ make a play.

Texans fans are like the fisher who is grateful of his stringer but tells everyone later about the one that got away.
Old 09-26-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost to a great NFC team, it's not that big of a deal. Probably should have won, but didn't, it happens. Everyone else in our division has to play the Saints too, and I expect them all to lose that game at this point. We will fight back and overcome this loss, next week against the Steelers will be a great game and I actually expect us to win that one.
Old 09-26-2011   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I can only speak for myself here, but I get a feeling from reading others who are on the same page as me that I'm not upset that we lost. It's what happened.
That is total CRAP, and I will challenge anyone on that.

I have heard and read this same worn out line since Day 1, and I have been here since Day 1. And I hear and read this from fans every single time any, not just the Texans, but any be team that they are fan of, whether it pro, college, or a high school team.

"I'm not upset that we lost. I'm upset at how we lost!" . . . and that's total BS!

The truth is, you are upset that they lost!... Period.

Admit it. Fess up. Come to Jesus if you have to. Whatever it takes.

You trying to tell me that you wouldn't be upset if the Saints blew em out 59-0????

Stop lying to yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2011   #9
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 95 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

the actual bottom line is that if you can score 33 points, you should win. Our defense gave that one away, particular once Bree's and Moore figured out where KJ was playing.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
the actual bottom line is that if you can score 33 points, you should win. Our defense gave that one away, particular once Bree's and Moore figured out where KJ was playing.
This is where I'm at.

But I'm not down on the Texans, because I have faith that Wade can get it fixed. I have faith that we don't have too many New Orleans Saints left on the schedule.

I'd be worried if we had a Peyton Manning Colts team (I think we're going to win @ Lucas Oil this year....... twice). I'd be worried if we had the Patriots on the scedule, the Packers... maybe even a Michael Vick led Eagles. San Diego... I'd be worried.

But none of them are on the schedule. Joe Flacco, on a good day, I'd be worried. But I think we can help Joe Flacco to a bad day.

I love the Texans, I love what we can accomplish this year, I haven't lost the faith.

But there's nothing wrong calling a duck a duck.
Old 09-26-2011   #11
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is where I'm at.

But I'm not down on the Texans, because I have faith that Wade can get it fixed. I have faith that we don't have too many New Orleans Saints left on the schedule.

I'd be worried if we had a Peyton Manning Colts team (I think we're going to win @ Lucas Oil this year....... twice). I'd be worried if we had the Patriots on the scedule, the Packers... maybe even a Michael Vick led Eagles. San Diego... I'd be worried.

But none of them are on the schedule. Joe Flacco, on a good day, I'd be worried. But I think we can help Joe Flacco to a bad day.

I love the Texans, I love what we can accomplish this year, I haven't lost the faith.

Once again, I have to agree with you about not running for the lifeboats after this loss. Schaub said the other day that the difference between this year's team and last year's is night and day, and I know that while it was likely just coach speak, I do believe he legitimately meant it. For what it's worth, the locals down here are worried about the Saints, talking about how Brees is going to have to challenge for the passing yardage record again this year if the defense is going to allow 30 points a game to most offenses. They attributed the Texans not being able to score to the absence of Foster more than the Saints defense stepping up.

I'm not so sure, however, that we can say Wade needs to fix the problems on defense. You have to think that you're not going to keep the Saints to under 25-ish points per game. The defense did force two interceptions from Brees. The offense just couldn't turn their opportunities into touchdowns.

My only real concern, if you want to call it that, is how we'll fair in the post-season should we make it. As of now, you'd figure we'll see one of the following: Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Jets. I'm not so sure we can beat any of those teams, sans the Chargers.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that when we begin to win consistently, then games like this won't get away from us.

Winning is a 'learned' behavior...of which the mind plays big.
Old 09-26-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
My only real concern, if you want to call it that, is how we'll fair in the post-season should we make it. As of now, you'd figure we'll see one of the following: Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Jets. I'm not so sure we can beat any of those teams, sans the Chargers.
None of the teams we will face this year are the same as the teams they were last year.

We are not the team we are going to be when we get to the play-offs.

We'll be a better defensive team come week 18. We'll be a better offensive team as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I'm not so sure, however, that we can say Wade needs to fix the problems on defense. You have to think that you're not going to keep the Saints to under 25-ish points per game. The defense did force two interceptions from Brees. The offense just couldn't turn their opportunities into touchdowns.
Maybe not 25, but we should be able to keep them below 40. We shouldn't give up 93 yard drives to anybody, especially with the game on the line. Those are the things Wade is going to fix.

Most of the offenses we'll play from here on out are average to good. Perfect for our defense to learn what they need to learn & practice what they need before the second season (the play-offs) start.

Offensively, if we can become that team that can run when they want, regardless... & efficiently score touchdowns, we can keep a team like the Saints on the sideline allowing our defense to hold them under 25.

Kubiak says the right things...... sometimes. Defense & Offense has to work together to get where we want to go (Super Bowl).
Old 09-26-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That is total CRAP, and I will challenge anyone on that.

I have heard and read this same worn out line since Day 1, and I have been here since Day 1. And I hear and read this from fans every single time any, not just the Texans, but any be team that they are fan of, whether it pro, college, or a high school team.

"I'm not upset that we lost. I'm upset at how we lost!" . . . and that's total BS!

The truth is, you are upset that they lost!... Period.

Admit it. Fess up. Come to Jesus if you have to. Whatever it takes.

You trying to tell me that you wouldn't be upset if the Saints blew em out 59-0????

Stop lying to yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....and I thought only my ex wife was the master of telling how I feel and why I feel it....

Honestly, had the Texans been blown out like that, my apathy trigger from being a die hard Texans fan since day 1 ( a lot of people are day 1 fans like me and you so that's not a claim to fame) would have kicked in and I would have laughed and got over it a lot quicker. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have been pissed, yes I would have, but enough to get involved in a long post like this one (probably one of the longest I have made since being on this board)...probably not.

What happened in this game is the kind of stuff you just don't expect to see happen all the time. So it gets frustrating and you know that as a true day 1 Texans fan. The Texans laying an egg in a big game, we have seen that enough to almost be immune to it and laugh it off.

So, read what you will into my comments or assume what you like as before, but seeing as we don't know each other out of this board, I would hope you accept that.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #15
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at what is happening around the league:

Brady turned into an interception machine.

Check out the 3 pt fest tonight

If it was so easy, a caveman could do it. oh, wait. nevermind
Old 09-26-2011   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
LOL....and I thought only my ex wife was the master of telling how I feel and why I feel it....

Honestly, had the Texans been blown out like that, my apathy trigger from being a die hard Texans fan since day 1 ( a lot of people are day 1 fans like me and you so that's not a claim to fame) would have kicked in and I would have laughed and got over it a lot quicker. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have been pissed, yes I would have, but enough to get involved in a long post like this one (probably one of the longest I have made since being on this board)...probably not.

What happened in this game is the kind of stuff you just don't expect to see happen all the time. So it gets frustrating and you know that as a true day 1 Texans fan. The Texans laying an egg in a big game, we have seen that enough to almost be immune to it and laugh it off.

So, read what you will into my comments or assume what you like as before, but seeing as we don't know each other out of this board, I would hope you accept that.

that is very true, getting let down, and having heart breaking losses is kinda instilled in us all by now. i wouldnt know how to act if we started winning games that we SHOULD win, our if we actually start putting our foot on teams throats and go for the kill. I'm so used to the hey we have a 9 point lead with a whole quarter left, lets play some soft zone on Defense and lets completely change what worked for us on offense in the first half. Hell bootlegs and play action, pssssh who needs em.

Yeah we wouldnt know how to respond if we actually attempted to score points with a lead.
Old 09-26-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I don't understand how anyone can not be upset about losing that game. We had them.

If you can imagine that Denny Green press conference after the Cardinals whupped the then NFC Champion Bears for 56 minutes... That's how mad we should all be about that loss.

But just like Green didn't give up on his team, or didn't stop believing in his team, we shouldn't stop believing in ours.

I'm a fan... to me, that means we share in the wins & the losses. This is my team when we win...... <-I said "we"

We share the shame as well. When the Texans finally win that Lombardy, I want them to say, "We've got the best fans" & mean it.

In the NFL, the 12th man... that's the Seahawks & before going to the Super Bowl (& after) they never had nothing, never did nothing.... but they supported their team.

/mini-rant
Old 09-26-2011   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I was upset. Sick to my stomach. Heartbroken. All of the above.

Two days in a row of getting my hopes up during the first half, only to have them crushed in the 2nd half.

However, I took some time away from the internets. Got some balance and am ready to go again next week.

I don't think many weren't upset. It is just that some don't want to throw players and coaches under the bus after a heartbreaking loss to a very good team.
Old 09-26-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
that is very true, getting let down, and having heart breaking losses is kinda instilled in us all by now. i wouldnt know how to act if we started winning games that we SHOULD win, our if we actually start putting our foot on teams throats and go for the kill. I'm so used to the hey we have a 9 point lead with a whole quarter left, lets play some soft zone on Defense and lets completely change what worked for us on offense in the first half. Hell bootlegs and play action, pssssh who needs em.

Yeah we wouldnt know how to respond if we actually attempted to score points with a lead.
The Colts been winning for a decade. We stomp a mudhole in their ass week 1 2010 & the wheels were coming off then.

This year, they're looking for the lifeboats.

America don't take too kindly to losing...... that's just the way it is.
Old 09-27-2011   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is where I'm at.

But those are teams that the Texans will have to face if they make the playoffs.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read