Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stat Guys: Research Request - Dre Johnson Targets

Can someone tell me how often Dre gets targeted by half? He seems to get the team rolling in first halves and becomes downfield blocker/decoy extraordinaire in second halves.

This may just be my perception, so I'd like to see some hard numbers.
Old 09-25-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stat Guys: Research Request - Dre Johnson Targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Can someone tell me how often Dre gets targeted by half? He seems to get the team rolling in first halves and becomes downfield blocker/decoy extraordinaire in second halves.

This may just be my perception, so I'd like to see some hard numbers.
That's simply because we don't play 60 minutes of football.

If we are winning, we run the ball to drain the clock. If we are losing, Schaub hurls it down and throws an interception.

It's also because AJ is a BEAST and gets double coverage

But, I'll check my stats
Old 09-25-2011   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like that too me as well. I am very interested to see the stat breakdown.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'd like to see how many times he's targeted int he red zone. Watching highlights on NFLN right now, and I have a hard time believing that AJ couldn't be used in many of the same ways that Calvin Johnson is used. CJ has 18 TDs in his last 18 games, and close to 40 TDs for his career. I refuse to believe that AJ couldn't do that. But I guess I'm not the one that needs convincing; Kubiak is.
Old 09-26-2011   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody?
Old 09-26-2011   #6
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

vs Saints
1 Half: 6 targets, 5 rec 104 yards
2 Half: 6 targets, 1 rec 24 yards

vs Dolphins
1 Half: 6 targets, 5 rec 63 yards
2 Half: 3 targets, 2 rec 30 yards

vs Colts
1 Half: 8 targets, 6 rec 89 yards
2 Half: 3 targets, 1 rec 6 yards

I think the bigger story is the lack of plays drawn up for Walter and Jones. Andre was being doubled the whole second half, yet we are trying to squeeze it in on downs we shouldn't.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #7
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
vs Saints
I think the bigger story is the lack of plays drawn up for Walter and Jones. Andre was being doubled the whole second half, yet we are trying to squeeze it in on downs we shouldn't.
Yea from visiting other teams forums before we face theme, seems outside of Andre they cant even name our other recievers.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2011   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
vs Saints
1 Half: 6 targets, 5 rec 104 yards
2 Half: 6 targets, 1 rec 24 yards

vs Dolphins
1 Half: 6 targets, 5 rec 63 yards
2 Half: 3 targets, 2 rec 30 yards

vs Colts
1 Half: 8 targets, 6 rec 89 yards
2 Half: 3 targets, 1 rec 6 yards

Thanks.

Targets down, yardage waaay down.

I'm not sure about the double team angle though. Doesn't he get double teamed in the first half? Don't all top receivers receive similar coverage, and do their numbers plummet in second halves?
Old 09-27-2011   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the bubble screen on 3rd down. Would love to see that in the redzone. What I don't get, however, is a reverse to him. He gets way too much attention for a reverse to be super sucessful.
Old 09-27-2011   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is where stats can be misleading. You had a big lead in the Colts game and didn't need to pass. And I believe they ran the ball a lot in the 4th against Miami.

Where was he in the 2nd half Sunday? Don't know. One target to AJ on the statsheet was the INT. So there's that too.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
This is where stats can be misleading. You had a big lead in the Colts game and didn't need to pass. And I believe they ran the ball a lot in the 4th against Miami.

Where was he in the 2nd half Sunday? Don't know. One target to AJ on the statsheet was the INT. So there's that too.
I noticed the same disparity last year. I'm convinced it's a trend, although there are reasons for some specific instances.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read