Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Losses usually sink in by now...

I'm not mad...

someone tell me why I'm not angry about this loss?
Old 09-25-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Losses usually sink in by now...

Your not angry cause we showed heart, and didnt set beat down like everyone was expecting.
Old 09-25-2011   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'm not mad...

It's because you're used to it. If the Texans are facing a
contending team, before that team has clinched a playoff
spot and is resting starters, THEY LOSE. Even in the
this team's "greatest season of 2009," they lost four
straight games to contending teams in the same
context they lost today.
Old 09-25-2011   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

9 years of desensitization
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not mad...

Because you're Texans fan and have been beaten into submission by now.

Dumbasses like me keep letting themsleves get worked up like we will actually score in the red zone and win a big game and not choke it away.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

See that's the thing. I don't think like that (the whole "you're used to it" thing).

It's something else. Last year was year 9 and we had heart breakers...
Old 09-25-2011   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Your not angry cause we showed heart, and didnt set beat down like everyone was expecting.
Who the hell predicted a beat down?

You sunshiners crack me up! Your logic amazes me. You could stick your nose in an asshole and tell me it doesn't stink.

This team has issues. Are the issues are terrible as last season? No. Is the defense better? Yes. Are we a playoff team? Maybe. But we have serious red zone issues that may or may not be fixed if Arian Foster comes back healthy. IF.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2011   #8
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post

You sunshiners crack me up! Your logic amazes me. You could stick your nose in an asshole and tell me it doesn't stink.

This team has issues. Are the issues are terrible as last season? No. Is the defense better? Yes. Are we a playoff team? Maybe. But we have serious red zone issues that may or may not be fixed if Arian Foster comes back healthy. IF.
I'll agree that they have issues. Had better get 23 back.
Old 09-25-2011   #9
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6344 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LMMFAO
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #10
Ckw

Quote:
I'll agree that they have issues. Had better get 23 back.
I really hope we do. I don't want to see anymore of this. I hate watching the team lose a game they should have won, and I hate that we still have the same red zone issues we have had for Kubiak's entire tenure.

It sickens me that we are more like the Colts than we'd like to admit in that if we lose one player, we have a SERIOUS deficiency that will cause us to lose winnable games. Foster is to us almost what Peyton is to the Colts.

Without Foster, this offense is inept in the red zone.
Old 09-25-2011   #11
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Losses usually sink in by now...

Quote:
I'm not mad...

I am mad....at kicking field goals instead of getting tds.....red zone efficiency......
we should have scored at least 3 more tds in the first half.....

we left the door opened for the Saints and they went right through.......

We still have to learn how to put a team away......

I hope they learned something today...cause this was some tough medicine to swallow........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i watch a lot of Nfl Network and Espn, and a lot of people had us as flukes and losing Big, which we didnt.
Old 09-25-2011   #13
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

I made a 10 hour drive to see this game and I wouldn't have done that any another year. Enjoy the ride and hopefully this was just a bump.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I am mad....at kicking field goals instead of getting tds.....red zone efficiency......
we should have scored at least 3 more tds in the first half.....

we left the door opened for the Saints and they went right through.......

We still have to learn how to put a team away......

I hope they learned something today...cause this was some tough medicine to swallow........
I wish more fans felt that way. Maybe then we'd have some accountability with this team.
Old 09-25-2011   #15
Ckw

Quote:
i watch a lot of Nfl Network and Espn, and a lot of people had us as flukes and losing Big, which we didnt.
I stand corrected. Everything I read and watched had us either winning or within a TD.
Old 09-25-2011   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy, but I'm angry. I will make no apologies for such. I will never accept losing as being "cool" or "ok." I'm just not built that way.

No, I don't think that we will win every single game. That is impossible. We will lose. But what's frustrating here is that we had this game in our hands and blew it.

Again.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
I stand corrected. Everything I read and watched had us either winning or within a TD.
i said had us LOSING BIG.
Old 09-25-2011   #18
Ckw

Quote:
i said had us LOSING BIG.
I know. And I said everything I read and watched on tv either had us winning or losing by a TD or less. I never saw anyone predict we would lose BIG.
Old 09-25-2011   #19
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
showed heart? the saints covered
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #20
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
showed heart? the saints covered
its heart none the less

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read