Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Feel Better

I woke up to find the chronicle stating the Glenn has permission to seek trade.. I guess I better not go to sleep again or what next.. Carr gets traded :confused:

Seriously though.. I am ok with it..

I figured they would tell Glenn that he was expendable now. He will either be cut June 1 or he will be let go next year. I cannot believe that we would tell a huge character guy like Aaron Glenn you cannot have one more year with us. I thought he had 5 picks last year. Well guess that is not good enough Aaron tough break. At least we had fun last night man. HOLLLA Texas A&M boys

Ok, I still don't feel good about this pick (I think it stinks actually) but I'm resigned to the fact that it's a done deal and now I'm just hoping that the TJ pick pays off. That's the biggest thing here really. The pick needs to pay off and even those of us who think it was a lousy pick want it to pay off.

Just please let this guy work out the way Casserly thinks he will.

A prominent NFL writer said yesterday that Travis Johnson - re:the baggage - not the talent, the Mike Williams pick by the Lions, and the Matt Jones reach at 21 are all picks that will either get coaches/GMs extensions or get them fired.

:thumbup Go back and look at the threads right after the season . It seems the biggest weakness was the OL / DL . You get several months removed and people want name or skill glamour guys in the draft . I don't think the pick is bad its not sexy . I wanted Eva Longoria and got Mrs Cunningham.

not me. I think we blew this draft completely. Now we have to wait 5 months to see how right my feelings are or if CC got lucky. Luck should not have to be relied upon.

1st round: Travis Johnson
2nd round: Phillip Buchanon
3rd round: Verand Morency

Please excuse my spelling. These 3 picks could be starting by the middle of the year. Matt Jones and Mike Williams will be trying to figure out how to shake the Cover-2 at the end of the year.

No...I don't feel better. It isn't necessarily anything aginst TJ, I just thought there were some better options out there. I don't mind the trade down but jeez only getting a 3rd NEXT year when we needed to get back to the 2nd round!

I think the potential is there to make some positive gains with the team but in the last couple days it seems like we are evaporating. I can understand the aspects of Foreman and Sharper's departure. I think that PB has the potential to be a good long term answer at corner. I DON'T like us basically pushing Glenn out (looks like he is asking for a trade btw). I am NOT sold on anchoring the LB corps with Greenwood and sliding in Wong inside.

Obviously I'm not going to think our first round pick is a horrible player...No matter who it is because smart guys are making these picks. What I still feel like doodoo about is that we passed on DJ. It just seemed like there was no question that if DJ somehow fell to us we were taking him. But in regards to TJ...I think he can be a major contributor to this team over his career. Now I just have to moderate my hopes for DJ to succeed in the pros.

Let me see... If these picks panned out;it's just pure luck...If not, then you'll feel great with your feelings. Ehh!, a little self-centered....or why worry,"we will just get a new coach/GM". IMO, 2002 draft is our worse so far...Charles Hill,bust Fred Weary/Milton Brown ,disappointments. As for luck,we had our share of bad luck;what with injury problems with Hollings and Joppru . Supposedly,Joppru is healthy; hopefully, he will be productive for Texans.

I still feel like **** about this pick... I know we need youth on our dline, but that could have been addressed in 3rd-4th rounds. We could have taken DJ who is prob gonna be a big playmaker ina year or two. The people down on him cause of the inability to take on blocks, look at Ray Lewis... Last year he got OWNED by the chiefs because they ran right at him... Do you now think Ray Lewis is a crappy linebacker??? We could have had DJ (a guy with char) but we took TJ (A guy with ADD and has char issues including taking a swing at Mike Tice). We picked up PB last week and now looks like we are getting rid of Aaron Glenn... Another case of dropping a guy with class for a guy that has character issues... Is that the kind of franchise we are becoming? I guess CC and Capers have their balls in the vice to win this year and are willing to do anything to do it. :thumbdown

Back