Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Good Game

I'd be lying if I said this one didn't have me sweating. I haven't yelled at the TV so much since the NFCCG against the Vikings. You guys are for real.

You guys clearly have the tools to be a playoff team & superbowl contender, but red zone efficiency cost you this game. Arian Foster needs to get better quickly.

I still say the Texans will make the playoffs this year, which is the real goal anyway.

It was a good game and I've had a great time here conversing with some of you. Thanks for the warm welcome Docbar, Scooter, Texas T, drs23, and GP.

Best of luck with the rest of the season, and here's hoping we see some Texans playoff games this year!

Edit: I'll go ahead and eat these words too:

From game prediction thread:
"Saints throw for 300+ Yards, 3+ TD, No ints...if the Pack & the Bears couldn't pick Brees, I'll have to see it to believe the Texans will."

...ouch. One was really Jimmy Grahams fault, but 2 picks is 2 picks. Words eaten.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Game

Thanks mate.

Great, close, game. Wish we had it but you got the better of us.

See you in the SB
Old 09-25-2011   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Thanks Rusty, I did enjoy the game even in defeat. I probably have to leave the forums for a few days as the "world is ending" psychos let it out of their system
Old 09-25-2011   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Thanks Rusty, I did enjoy the game even in defeat. I probably have to leave the forums for a few days as the "world is ending" psychos let it out of their system
They're raving already... I should stay away too, tiresome with all the namecalling.
Old 09-25-2011   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a fun game to watch .
Old 09-25-2011   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 214142 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

This was your superbowl ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This was your superbowl ....
haha
Old 09-25-2011   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys didnt give up, and you fought back to win the game. Thats what good teams do. We laid down and died.. thats what the Texans do.

Good game.. wish we hadnt punked out at the end.

Good luck with the rest of your season.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #9
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved watching the game. I was bummed when we got that turnover that pretty much ended it, but it was exciting. I'll go ahead and get my hope ups for our game against the Steelers.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #10
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRusty View Post
I'd be lying if I said this one didn't have me sweating. I haven't yelled at the TV so much since the NFCCG against the Vikings. You guys are for real.

You guys clearly have the tools to be a playoff team & superbowl contender, but red zone efficiency cost you this game. Arian Foster needs to get better quickly.

I still say the Texans will make the playoffs this year, which is the real goal anyway.

It was a good game and I've had a great time here conversing with some of you. Thanks for the warm welcome Docbar, Scooter, Texas T, drs23, and GP.

Best of luck with the rest of the season, and here's hoping we see some Texans playoff games this year!

"Saints throw for 300+ Yards, 3+ TD, No ints...if the Pack & the Bears couldn't pick Brees, I'll have to see it to believe the Texans will."

...ouch. One was really Jimmy Grahams fault, but 2 picks is 2 picks. Words eaten.
Yep, same on this side. Really good close game.

BTW you don't only have to hang out here when we play each other-feel free to stay and talk football-as I said before good football talk is always welcome.
Old 09-25-2011   #11
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 242 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRusty View Post

Couldn't put any better, Rusty. I was yelling and stomping early myself. Great game.
Old 09-25-2011   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a really good game. I can't get upset about it. The Saints impressed me. Usually when you score 33 points on somebody they lose that game. The Saints refused to lose. Congratulations on the win and keep tearing it up in the NFC and be sure to hand a "L" on Tennessee, Jacksonville, & Indianapolis too.
Old 09-25-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It was a really good game. I can't get upset about it. The Saints impressed me. Usually when you score 33 points on somebody they lose that game. The Saints refused to lose. Congratulations on the win and keep tearing it up in the NFC and be sure to hand a "L" on Tennessee, Jacksonville, & Indianapolis too.
Old 09-25-2011   #14
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Saints fans in the dome were great. We were all sweating a good game. I never felt like either team gave up and that made for 4 Qtrs of exciting football.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

having time for the whiskey to settle and calm myself down, i can say this really was an amazing game. one of the few it appeared that both teams left everything they had on the field. congrats to the real saints fans like rusty and guido, the fad fans are going to be annoying as hell for a few days.
Old 09-25-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for being great visitors, SaintRusty and Guido.

It was a tale of two halves. I was surprised the refs were letting calls (on both teams) go. It was a loosely ref'd game, IMO. Was there even a single holding penalty, on passing situations, for either team? I never saw one, but I saw both teams doing plenty of holding on the o-line.

Brees, IMO, is a premiere QB. With 4:32 left, I looked at my wife and shook my head and said to her, "This guy, this Brees fella, he's going to be balls on this drive." For me, it was never "if" it was just "in what ways" would he move the ball down the field.

We gave up 100% of the intermediate stuff in the middle of the field, and you guys ate up every morsel of it when you had the ball. Kudos to your team for taking what was given you.

Good to have ya' around.
Old 09-25-2011   #17
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 242 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Thanks for being great visitors, SaintRusty and Guido.

It was a tale of two halves. I was surprised the refs were letting calls (on both teams) go. It was a loosely ref'd game, IMO. Was there even a single holding penalty, on passing situations, for either team? I never saw one, but I saw both teams doing plenty of holding on the o-line.

Brees, IMO, is a premiere QB. With 4:32 left, I looked at my wife and shook my head and said to her, "This guy, this Brees fella, he's going to be balls on this drive." For me, it was never "if" it was just "in what ways" would he move the ball down the field.

We gave up 100% of the intermediate stuff in the middle of the field, and you guys ate up every morsel of it when you had the ball. Kudos to your team for taking what was given you.

Good to have ya' around.
Thanks, GP. Y'all scared the crap out of me early, but I have seen this play out this way before.

I plan to be around for quite awhile.
Old 09-26-2011   #18
twyst
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performer

Yes, good game texans! After watching the steelers game last night I have no doubt you guys will rebound with a convincing W this week. Been watching your team for years as I lived in Midtown Houston from 02 until a few months ago, and it seems you guys are finally on the cusp of getting it done. Best of luck the rest of the way, we'll do out part in handing the colts jags and titans a big fat L, hope you guys do the same to the falcons bucs and panthers!
twyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyst View Post
Yes, good game texans! After watching the steelers game last night I have no doubt you guys will rebound with a convincing W this week. Been watching your team for years as I lived in Midtown Houston from 02 until a few months ago, and it seems you guys are finally on the cusp of getting it done. Best of luck the rest of the way, we'll do out part in handing the colts jags and titans a big fat L, hope you guys do the same to the falcons bucs and panthers!
Now that's a promise I'd like to see both sides keep. Good luck the rest of the year Saints fans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say I usually avoid the visiting fans posts as a lot of them are real jerks.

But all of you Saint's fan have been a breath of fresh air. Good luck the rest of the year unless we meet you in the SB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read