Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fire Kubiak, bench Schaub, put down toro

Haha i wanted to be the first after this game. Hell no dont fire Kubiak, Bench Schaub our say the season is lost. We went toe to toe with the Saints in their house, yes we lost but the season is not lost.

Please quit crying it is rather pathetic Did anyone really expect us to go 16-0 ? We all said it will be tough in these next few games so we are 2-1. We'll be 3-1 after next week. On to the steelers
Old 09-25-2011   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubiak, bench Schaub, put down toro

Agreed!

I'm pissy at hell, but we had the win within our grasp. I'll take that everyday over a beating!
Old 09-25-2011   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Agreed!

I'm pissy at hell, but we had the win within our grasp. I'll take that everyday over a beating!
yeah my boss wont like the fact they lost, cause now i will be kinda pissy all week. He says i need to not be so deeply invested in a team that changes my mood based on scores. well its hard not to be.
Old 09-25-2011   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 I wish Schaub could move better .

#2 What is Slaton doing in when they are inside the 20 . Doesn't that telegram we ain't going to run .
Old 09-25-2011   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Moral victories are for losers. We had them in our grasp and couldn't put pressure on Brees and periodically choked that game away starting with the Hartmann punt shank.
Old 09-25-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

#2 What is Slaton doing in when they are inside the 20 . Doesn't that telegram we ain't going to run .
Schaub does good on roll outs, i just dont know why Kubiak and Dennison go away from that when it works so well.
Old 09-25-2011   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Or, we're going to run it for zero yards...
Old 09-25-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Moral victories are for losers. We had them in our grasp and couldn't put pressure on Brees and periodically choked that game away starting with the Hartmann punt shank.
i agree i am not saying accept the moral victory BUT it is not the end of the season. We have a lot of ball left to play and we wont see many more teams as talented as the saints. We play them 4 times we take them 2 of them.
Old 09-25-2011   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree, however as I've said in another post.....no one seriously wants or expects to go 16-0, so I don't know how saying that is any consolation. To me, it's about beating the really good teams....winning the games that matter. We're not there yet and that makes me angry.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Agree, however as I've said in another post.....no one seriously wants or expects to go 16-0, so I don't know how saying that is any consolation. To me, it's about beating the really good teams....winning the games that matter. We're not there yet and that makes me angry.
i wouldnt say we're not there, we had them. But you cant settle for field goals on the 3 against a good team like that, and u cant go for it on 4th and 21 with 2 time outs and 1:50 left. That was just dumb.
Old 09-25-2011   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Think we could trade Schaub and Jackson for Brees?
Old 09-25-2011   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
hmmmmm i dont think i'd want to TBH. Plus why would someone want to take Jackson thats like me trading in my Lexis for a Grimlin
Old 09-25-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The second half "defense" is what really pissed me off. It looked like last season all over again.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #14
AsylumGuido
Rookie

Rep Power: 241 AsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respectedAsylumGuido is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Nope
Old 09-25-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The second half "defense" is what really pissed me off. It looked like last season all over again.
agree, we totally stop doing what works when we have the slightest lead. i have to say that kubiak needs to smoke some dope before games and let Wade lose. We cant go conservative with a 10 point lead against a good team like the saints.
Old 09-25-2011   #16
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we played well, just not good enough to win. The Saint's TDs towards the end were lucky catches IMO but overall this team is MUCH improved from years past.

On to the Steelers...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i wouldnt say we're not there, we had them. But you cant settle for field goals on the 3 against a good team like that, and u cant go for it on 4th and 21 with 2 time outs and 1:50 left. That was just dumb.
Well, it's all about wins and lossess, however this yr we have a big opportunity to make the playoffs by beating the sheet teams, the good teams, and still losing to the great teams. Why, b/c if we make it to the postseason it will be b/c the AFC south blows. Then, we go one and out in the postseason.

All the talk will be about how we're not for real and can't win the big one and cave under pressure.

I hope this does not happen - if we can just beat up on the really good teams left on the schedule.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

we didnt lay down and let them walk all over us, this shows we are a different team than last season, Remember our debacle last season against the Cowboys. I'd rather take this game over that game anyday
Old 09-25-2011   #19
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Well, it's all about wins and lossess, however this yr we have a big opportunity to make the playoffs by beating the sheet teams, the good teams, and still losing to the great teams. Why, b/c if we make it to the postseason it will be b/c the AFC blows. Then, we go one and out in the postseason.

All the talk will be about how we're not for real and can't win the big one and cave under pressure.

I hope this does not happen - if we can just beat up on the really good teams left on the schedule.
well i dont believe one close loss to a good team defines a season. We have fight and fire, something this team has lacked for a while. We play them again it may turn out differently, and after today i feel that a lot of people will take notice that the texans are for real.
Old 09-25-2011   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

OH yeah, that Kareem Jackson...bench him too. I'm actually serious about this one. Dude looked like his old self again today.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read