Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Just Don't Beat Contending Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
There's nothing predictive about anything I said.
So you don't think we are the same ol Texans?
Old 09-25-2011   #102
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Maybe some of you guys should become Packer fans. This board is awful after losses. It's a new season. This beaten dog syndrome is annoying. Half the board claims the season is over after a loss to a year removed super bowl team who looks every bit the part now. We were up 9 in the 4th. Moral victories are Lame but we had a chance to win the game in the fourth. If you asked me if I would take that before the game started? I'd say every day twice on Sunday. We will kick Pittsuburg's butt on sunday.
I have seen very few posts thinking the season is over.

We have to learn to win this type of game to be a contender.

And beaten dog syndrome is contentment with making the playoffs.
Old 09-25-2011   #103
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're not a contender because we lost to the Saints in week 3?

c'mon man.
At this point in time, we're not a contender. Contenders hit 3 games
over .500 at some point during the season. The next 3 games will
tell us what we need to know. They must win 2 of the next 3, AT LEAST,
and NONE of those teams suck. No gimmes
Old 09-25-2011   #104
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At this point in time, we're not a contender. Contenders hit 3 games
over .500 at some point during the season. The next 3 games will
tell us what we need to know. They must win 2 of the next 3, AT LEAST,
and NONE of those teams suck. No gimmes
I'm honestly curious...

Did you expect us to win 16 games this season?

No, really, because it sure seems like you waited till the Texans lost to spout off on how crap this team is, without regard to a) who we lost to and b) how the team played.

Yeah, we failed in the red zone constantly. Our defense (still 3 games old) didn't hold. Yet...despite all these shortcomings, look how close we came.

And I don't want to be that guy who roots for being "close" to winning, but this game was against a superbowl contender. If losing to a great team means the sky is falling, then fans all over the league should be giving up. When the Saints lost to the Packers in week one, they might as well pack up and give up, right? I mean, how can you not beat a contending team?

We lost. Them's the breaks, you're not going to win 16-0. We lost to a top tier team by one touchdown, and we didn't even play near our potential.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #105
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I'm honestly curious...

Did you expect us to win 16 games this season?
Such an expectation never came out of my mouth.
Watching this team hand victories over due to silly
4th-quarter strategy by the head coach is what I'm tired
of seeing. I've spoken during EVERY game this team has
had, preseason in all. Go back and read my words, before
you accuse me of remaining silent to unload on them

Leave the hyperbole at the door, and stay in-context. Nobody
wants Kubiak to prove me wrong, more than me. Six years in,
and I'm still right. He still has 13 more games to prove he's
changed at all.
Old 09-25-2011   #106
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Such an expectation never came out of my mouth.
Watching this team hand victories over due to silly
4th-quarter strategy by the head coach is what I'm tired
of seeing. I've spoken during EVERY game this team has
had, preseason in all. Go back and read my words, before
you accuse me of remaining silent to unload on them

Leave the hyperbole at the door, and stay in-context. Nobody
wants Kubiak to prove me wrong, more than me. Six years in,
and I'm still right. He still has 13 more games to prove he's
changed at all.
So, you think the way we lost today is absolutely unacceptable and there's a better way we could have lost this game that you would have been content with?
Old 09-25-2011   #107
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So, you think the way we lost today is absolutely unacceptable and there's a better way we could have lost this game that you would have been content with?
Again. When I speak of this loss, its in the context of ALL of Kubiak's
games against real, competing teams. The Texans, under Kubiak, have
won less than 3 such games in six seasons.

Unacceptable. Beat the Steelers and Ravens, in this context, and
it'll be something we've never seen. All we've seen will see, and all I've said,
and will say about Kubiak, is connected to his tenure as head coach of the Texans.

Understand that.
Old 09-25-2011   #108
buddyboy
All Pro

Quote:
Again. When I speak of this loss, its in the context of ALL of Kubiak's
games against real, competing teams. The Texans, under Kubiak, have
won less than 3 such games in six seasons.

Unacceptable. Beat the Steelers and Ravens, in this context, and
it'll be something we've never seen. All we've seen will see, and all I've said,
and will say about Kubiak, is connected to his tenure as head coach of the Texans.

Understand that.
I understand. But I disagree. You're bringing up too much stuff of the past in fear of being tricked like you have before. But at some point, you have to realize this team is far different than it has been in the past, and this game is different than the losses to other competing teams we've lost to in the past.
Old 09-25-2011   #109
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I understand. But I disagree. You're bringing up too much stuff of the past in fear of being tricked like you have before. But at some point, you have to realize this team is far different than it has been in the past, and this game is different than the losses to other competing teams we've lost to in the past.
Time is continuous. The past is the present and the future.
If the past didn't matter, then you could exist without the actions
of your parents. You are here, because of something that happened
in "the past," whatever that means.

Kubiak is Kubiak. He's remained stagnant since he got here. It's year
six, and we're hoping he shows some growth.
Old 09-25-2011   #110
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Honest question. When the Saints came out and scored on the opening possession of the 2nd half, who didn't say to themselves, "Here we go again."?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Honest question. When the Saints came out and scored on the opening possession of the 2nd half, who didn't say to themselves, "Here we go again."?
I didn't

My brother was talking all that "Same ol Texans" crap & I told him to keep the faith.

It was still a good game & I enjoyed every bit of it.

If I were waiting for the other foot to drop, I don't think I would have enjoyed it so much.
Old 09-25-2011   #112
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heh. I'm the negative one? You're telling me to leave for voicing my honest
opinion. So much for free speech, eh?

lol
Yeah. YOU are the negative one. YOU are the one that comes around and talks up the negative aspects of the team when things go badly. Last week the team was 2-0. Rather than relishing in victory YOU were bringing up negatives. And here you are once again in a relishing told you so role. You don't seem to be a fan of the team, you seem to be a fan of being right. Look at my sig, I wanted Kubiak fired and Cowher hired. Yet, becuase I am a Texan fan I got behind Kubiak because I wanted Kubiak and the Texans to succeed. YOU instead seem bent on being right rather than having a winning team. So, yeah, I question why are you even here.

Quote:
Kubiak was greatly responsible for the Saints putting 23 points on the board in the fourth quarter, because he thought
he could shoot it out with the Saints, 9-point lead be damned.

The man didn't play to win the game, he played to win a shootout.
This got the team beat. This team will either win because Kubiak
has evolved as a coach (which he has not yet shown,) win in SPITE
of Kubiak's decisions, or toil in the stagnation that is the head coaching
career of Gary Kubiak.
How is Kubiak responsible for the Saints putting up 23 points? He turned his D over to Wade at the beginning of the year.. Wade's D could not contain the Saints offense. If you want to blame Kubiak's playcalling when they got into the red zone, that is worthy of discussion, but blaming Kubiak for the D is reaching...even for you. The Texans D simply could not stop the Saints Offense, just like the Saints Offense had difficulty with the Texans Offense. In a shootout, one team wins and another loses.

But to blame Kubiak just shows your blind hatred has no bounds and in this case, not semblance of reality.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #113
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1002 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not gonna lie, I did...today we faced a good offensive team and lost. No matter how it happened it did. There comes a point where you have to beat the good teams. We can't compare this team to the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, just b/c we are all 2-1 right now...like others have mentioned those teams have proven to be winners. No one is expecting a perfect season but when you have teams on the ropes (esp the good ones) you have to close the deal. Next week the test will come against a good defensive team with an above avg offense. No excuses, get it done...if we lose I wonder what the justification will be: we played a good game, we hung in there, they are just better than us, we still adjusting to having less time in the off season with a new defensive scheme? At some point all the excuses of losing have to come to an end...results count period.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #114
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually really glad we play the Steelers next week so we can put this argument to bed one way or the other. Then again, if we do win, I'm sure people will say the Steelers aren't contenders.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #115
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I'm actually really glad we play the Steelers next week so we can put this argument to bed one way or the other. Then again, if we do win, I'm sure people will say the Steelers aren't contenders.
I'll be one of those people, because I don't think this version of the Steelers are contenders.

That's OK. The Texans play the Raiders in week 5 and the Ravens in week 6. They're contenders.
Old 09-25-2011   #116
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
How is Kubiak responsible for the Saints putting up 23 points? He turned his D over to Wade at the beginning of the year..
Don't start with that. Kubiak is in charge of this team. If there's something that he sees Phillips doing wrong (or Dennison or Marciano for that matter), he should speak up and have it changed. It's his arse that's on the line and the buck should stop with Kubiak.
Old 09-25-2011   #117
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Don't start with that. Kubiak is in charge of this team. If there's something that he sees Phillips doing wrong (or Dennison or Marciano for that matter), he should speak up and have it changed. It's his arse that's on the line and the buck should stop with Kubiak.
Wade Phillips is a highly respected D Coordinator who has been D coordinatiing since Kubes was a ball boy. You really think that Kubes is going to question him in the 3rd game of the very first season? If Wade';s D has consitently been poor throughout the season, then yeah, maybe he could speak up, but up until this game, Wade's D had been fine. And honestly, it was fine through 3 quarters. Wade's D gave up 17 points in 3 quarters: not too bad against the Saints. One bad quarter, sadly.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #118
buddyboy
All Pro

Quote:
Time is continuous. The past is the present and the future.
If the past didn't matter, then you could exist without the actions
of your parents. You are here, because of something that happened
in "the past," whatever that means.

Kubiak is Kubiak. He's remained stagnant since he got here. It's year
six, and we're hoping he shows some growth.
Alright, last thing I'm gonna say on this. I want to know, did you predict this as a win? If you did, I can see how you're upset. But to be honest, looking at the schedule in the beginning, you have to look at the Saints then Steelers and just hope we get out of those two with one win.

So, assuming you marked this one down as a loss...in what scenario would a loss be acceptable? Would it have been better if we got rolled over? We played a very competitive game that came down to the last minute. Sure, blame Kubiak, I know you do. But I doubt you had us going into NOLA and then coming home and beating the Steelers too. In what way would you have us lose that doesn't involve Kubiak being roasted alive?

I'm genuinely curious. Because honestly, I'm trying to think about if I "expected" us to win this one, and I was half and half. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost, wouldn't be surprised if we won. And if we lost, all I hoped was that we showed something. Showed that we could hang with the great teams of the NFL. And this game showed we can. Even when our offense is stalling every drive and our defense is giving up chunks of yardage every other pass, we can still hang with the best of the best. So, how good can we be when we're on our game? When Phillips has more than three games to implement his scheme? When we have our league leading rusher?
Old 09-26-2011   #119
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, I did this when we didn't score a TD to make the score 20-7 instead of 16-7. When the Saints came in scored, it was just an "oh *******!" moment. Back and forth and their house? If this game was at Reliant, I really think the Texans would have won. That's how close this game was. If Kubiak's playcalling and the execution in general in the red zone didn't suck (and if we had Arian Foster), we would have won this game. The Saints also pass on everybody, so I don't think fans should be so discouraged there. Without him, I'm scared, but as long as Arian is able to go 100%, we'll be good. The Saints will probably be the toughest offense the team faces all season.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #120
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Schaub lost this game. Too many passes behind receiver.
I'm glad we have people who don't watch the game commenting on the game.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read