Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2011   #81
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Just Don't Beat Contending Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak's pass-happy offensive strategy was a key factor in
the Saints having TIME to put up 23 points in the 4th quarter.

Wade Phillips is a co-ordinator, who plays under Head Coach
Gary Kubiak. When a sailor screws up on a ship, you talk to
the captain. Simple chain-of-command.
i do agree with this, there was 2:40 left we had 2 time outs and we sling it and sling it and dont attempt not even 1 run.
Old 09-25-2011   #82
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm sorry. Explain to me how our offense scored 33 pts on a team that's one year removed from a Super Bowl championship and it's on Kubiak when the DEFENSE gave up FORTY POINTS!

Where's the FIRE WADE PHILLIPS thread?? His defense gave up FORTY, count 'em FORTY points.
How does a genius defensive coordinator get burned by the same two-pt conversion play twice in a row? Yet, this loss is all Kubiak's fault...?
You are exactly right about our defense.

The Saints showed everyone exactly what our weaknesses are.

And for the record, I like this defense alot more than any we have put on the field before this year.

Now let's see how a real D-coordinator makes adjustments the rest of the year.
Old 09-25-2011   #83
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, again, Wade gets off Scott Free because you hate Kubiak. Wade's new and improved defense gave up 23 pts in the fourth qtr but, according to you, Wade bears absolutely NO responsibility.

Yeah, that's very objective of you
I don't hate Kubiak at all. I'm just acknowledging an undeniable pattern
that manifests itself each season of his tenure as head coach of the
Texans. Kubiak is the common denominator in what we've been
seeing the last six years.

Should the Texans make/miss the playoffs in 2011, and Kubiak would
tell ya this, it'll be ON HIM.
Old 09-25-2011   #84
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry. Explain to me how our offense scored 33 pts on a team that's one year removed from a Super Bowl championship and it's on Kubiak when the DEFENSE gave up FORTY POINTS!

Where's the FIRE WADE PHILLIPS thread?? His defense gave up FORTY, count 'em FORTY points.
How does a genius defensive coordinator get burned by the same two-pt conversion play twice in a row? Yet, this loss is all Kubiak's fault...?
did you really think 33 pts at NO was gonna do it? dude you are better than that. for real bro
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak's pass-happy offensive strategy was a key factor in
the Saints having TIME to put up 23 points in the 4th quarter.

Did you watch the game? Tate was gimpy and Slaton was ineffective. The running game was not working in the second half.
Quote:
Wade Phillips is a co-ordinator, who plays under Head Coach
Gary Kubiak. When a sailor screws up on a ship, you talk to
the captain. Simple chain-of-command.
That's weak Dex.
Following that logic (and I use the term loosely), no other coach, none of the players, none of the staff have any responsibility, any expectation to do their job properly.
"Hey, I can call a sucky defensive game, after all, Dex says I have no responsibility or accountability because it's all on the head coach."

That's really weak.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That quote you posted was taken out of context. It was not predicting
the 2011 squad to end up 8-8. It was a display of how our discussions
regarding this team has not changed in 3 seasons.

I WANT to be able to talk about different shit with this team, they just
have not presented the opportunity.
Same difference. You don't believe this team has changed, that means you believe we'll be 5-7 or worse in the first 12 games.

I think this is a different team, even though they wear the same uniforms & have the same names on the sideline. I think we'll get to 6 wins in that first 12, but to make the bet even more in your favor, I'm saying we'll win 6 in the first 9.

Like I said, should be an easy bet for you. If you truly don't see a difference.
Old 09-25-2011   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You are exactly right about our defense.

The Saints showed everyone exactly what our weaknesses are.

And for the record, I like this defense alot more than any we have put on the field before this year.

Now let's see how a real D-coordinator makes adjustments the rest of the year.
I hear you, don't disagree. But how many teams can score with us?

If we get a lead on just about anyone else, play ball control, we win. Pittsburgh & Baltimore are streaky enough to score 30, but it isn't their forte, so I like our chances against them, weaknesses & all.

Last year, everyone but Rusty Smith was going to score 30 on our defense.
Old 09-25-2011   #88
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe some of you guys should become Packer fans. This board is awful after losses. It's a new season. This beaten dog syndrome is annoying. Half the board claims the season is over after a loss to a year removed super bowl team who looks every bit the part now. We were up 9 in the 4th. Moral victories are Lame but we had a chance to win the game in the fourth. If you asked me if I would take that before the game started? I'd say every day twice on Sunday. We will kick Pittsuburg's butt on sunday.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #89
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Maybe some of you guys should become Packer fans. This board is awful after losses. It's a new season. This beaten dog syndrome is annoying. Half the board claims the season is over after a loss to a year removed super bowl team who looks every bit the part now. We were up 9 in the 4th. Moral victories are Lame but we had a chance to win the game in the fourth. If you asked me if I would take that before the game started? I'd say every day twice on Sunday. We will kick Pittsuburg's butt on sunday.
What makes you say that? The Steelers having a down year?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #90
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
if we were up by nine in the 4th every game and lost.......
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #91
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hear you, don't disagree. But how many teams can score with us?

If we get a lead on just about anyone else, play ball control, we win. Pittsburgh & Baltimore are streaky enough to score 30, but it isn't their forte, so I like our chances against them, weaknesses & all.

Last year, everyone but Rusty Smith was going to score 30 on our defense.
I'm a big fan of Wade Phillips.

I'm excited to see how he adjusts and makes up for these obvious deficiencies.

Might make a huge difference in the attitude we see today and the one we see winning in the playoffs.
Old 09-25-2011   #92
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i do agree with this, there was 2:40 left we had 2 time outs and we sling it and sling it and dont attempt not even 1 run.
Let's review.... At the 2:42 mark in the 4th qtr, we were on our own 20 and behind by 7. Obviously we need a TD. At this point Tate was gimpy and Slaton had been pretty much ineffective all day long. So at this point our best two weapons are A.J. and O.D.
And you thought we should have RUN the ball...??
If you had said, go single back and try to get Slaton the ball with a screen or let A.D. & O.D. take the defense deep then throw it to Slaton or Tate underneath, I could see that. Maybe they break one.
But run the ball??
I have to respectfully disagree with that strategy give that we only had Slaton and Tate working with a bad wheel.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #93
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same difference. You don't believe this team has changed, that means you believe we'll be 5-7 or worse in the first 12 games.

I think this is a different team, even though they wear the same uniforms & have the same names on the sideline. I think we'll get to 6 wins in that first 12, but to make the bet even more in your favor, I'm saying we'll win 6 in the first 9.

Like I said, should be an easy bet for you. If you truly don't see a difference.
I see what ur doin...LOL
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #94
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's review.... At the 2:42 mark in the 4th qtr, we were on our own 20 and behind by 7. Obviously we need a TD. At this point Tate was gimpy and Slaton had been pretty much ineffective all day long. So at this point our best two weapons are A.J. and O.D.
And you thought we should have RUN the ball...??
If you had said, go single back and try to get Slaton the ball with a screen or let A.D. & O.D. take the defense deep then throw it to Slaton or Tate underneath, I could see that. Maybe they break one.
But run the ball??
I have to respectfully disagree with that strategy give that we only had Slaton and Tate working with a bad wheel.
after tate hurt his ankle he came back in and still had some solid runs, hell let casey run the ball, but there was no reason to sling it at that point in the game.
Old 09-25-2011   #95
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's weak Dex.
Following that logic (and I use the term loosely), no other coach, none of the players, none of the staff have any responsibility, any expectation to do their job properly.
"Hey, I can call a sucky defensive game, after all, Dex says I have no responsibility or accountability because it's all on the head coach."

That's really weak.
Sure they all have responsibility. However, it's the responsibility
of the head coach to answer for his players' execution of the
head coach's program. You probably don't realize this, but
your boss gets HIS ass chewed when YOU make a mistake.

That's the way chain-of-command works. Gary Kubiak has
had six years to build this team into a contender, and as of
today, that objective has yet to be reached.

Hopefully, six times' a charm.
Old 09-25-2011   #96
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I see what ur doin...LOL
lol me, too. That's just TK bein' TK.
Old 09-25-2011   #97
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
What makes you say that? The Steelers having a down year?
I have confidence were a top 4 team in the AFC. We will get it done.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #98
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:

There's nothing predictive about anything I said.
Old 09-25-2011   #99
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I'm a big fan of Wade Phillips.

I'm excited to see how he adjusts and makes up for these obvious deficiencies.

Might make a huge difference in the attitude we see today and the one we see winning in the playoffs.
I seriously doubt he's installed the whole defense yet. This is still a work in progress. Good teams are going to make us look like crap.

But I think our offense is good enough (not elite) to win a few until they get there.
Old 09-25-2011   #100
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Sure they all have responsibility. However, it's the responsibility
of the head coach to answer for his players' execution of the
head coach's program. You probably don't realize this, but
your boss gets HIS ass chewed when YOU make a mistake.

That's the way chain-of-command works. Gary Kubiak has
had six years to build this team into a contender, and as of
today, that objective has yet to be reached.

Hopefully, six times' a charm.
We're not a contender because we lost to the Saints in week 3?

c'mon man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read