Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Peyton Manning His Status Post 3rd Surgery

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Peyton Manning said “woe is me,” but “I’ve gotten over that”

In his most extensive comments since he was sidelined by his second neck surgery of the year, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning acknowledged that he felt deep frustration when he first realized he would have to miss a game for the first time in his NFL career. But Manning said he’s over that now.

“I walked around for a while angry, in a bad mood. . . . ‘Woe is me,’” Manning told the Indianapolis Star. “I’ve gotten over that. It doesn’t do any good. I’m learning to deal with it and trying to have a good attitude. I’m not walking around looking for any pity party.”

What Manning is looking for right now is to go through his rehabilitation and be there to help Colts quarterback Kerry Collins.

“I want to be a resource. I want to help,” Manning said. “You figure out the best way you can help and not overload Kerry with information. You give ideas.”

Manning said he has no idea whether he’ll play this year or whether the Colts will end his season by putting him on injured reserve.

“I’ve told Bill [Polian, the Colts' vice chairman] he has to deal with the roster,” Manning said. “If the season goes like it did last year, who knows? My obligation is to get healthy and help the team. What I’m learning about my injury is there is some unknowns. Such a large part of it is out of my hands.”

Manning has no timetable to return and just wants to get his long-term health straightened out.

“I’m off the clock as far as that goes,” Manning said. “I’m just trying to follow the doctors’ orders and get healthy.”

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I wonder if Manning is seeing the days of wearing a headset looming large. I wonder if he'll wear that headset on the sidelines as a coach or in the broadcast booth.
Listening to Sirius NFL yesterday, they were talking of Manning calling college games on Saturday and pro games on Sunday. If anyone could do well, he could. I also think he'd make one hell of a coach with his habit of preparing so well and competetive nature. I think that would be more fulfilling for him than being a talking (five)head on TV. Maybe not as lucrative, but it's not like he needs the money.
I see him playing a couple more seasons if he recovers from these procedures, but it's nearing the end of the Manning era in Indy.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Colts: Peyton Manning likely out for year
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said Monday that his team doesn't expect Peyton Manning to play again until the 2012 season.

Irsay, speaking at a meeting for Super Bowl donors Monday morning, said it was possible Manning would practice in December, but he is not expected to play this season.

Manning, who underwent a surgical procedure -- his third on his neck in 19 months -- just before the season, watched the Colts' Sunday night loss to the Steelers from the coaches' press box.

Manning had started 227 consecutive games, including the playoffs, before he missed the Colts' Week 1 game.

Without Manning, the Colts have started the season 0-3.

Colts quarterback Kerry Collins, signed to fill in while Manning was out, was evaluated for a possible concussion during Sunday's 23-20 loss to Pittsburgh.

Collins was knocked around for much of the game. He completed 13 of 29 passes for 93 yards before he left in the fourth quarter.

Curtis Painter replaced Collins and led the Colts on a tying drive late in the game.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell said the team doctors felt it was best for Collins to leave the game. He said he wouldn't know Collins' status for next Monday's game against Tampa Bay until more evaluation takes place.

Caldwell also said health wouldn't be the only factor in choosing his starter next week, adding he would "look at all the other factors involved."

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I have heard that Manning is back to having neck problems accompanied by right arm problems........same symptoms that preceded his last surgery. Would not surprise me. I f true, could be an AFC game changer. Will try to get more specific details.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Peyton Manning's Neck Hurt Again?

Late last night IBN received word from a source that Peyton Manning was experiencing sharp pain from his neck leading to his right shoulder (throwing arm) feeling some numbness the past week to 10 days. This could just be effects of getting old and maybe weather changes or it could be a sign of some bigger issues from effects of two surgeries that Mr Manning has gone through on his neck area.

IBN's Source is the same source that allowed IBN to break the Manning deal to Broncos days ahead of the slow MSM (Mainstream Media) his info has been spot on when it comes to matters dealing with Peyton, he also is stating that the Broncos obviously are keeping this very quiet, they want no word of Manning possibly showing signs of hurting to leak out before camp gets started.
- See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=872#sthash.ila9IeZk.dpuf

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
This guy is clearly looking to drum up drama like the National Enquirer claiming Anna Nichole Smith had love child with extraterritorial being

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I think he has a bunch of sites running the ol' East side/West side sports gambling tout scam.
This might be true, but Peyton experiencing delayed problems after his fusion would not be uncommon. All too often patients experience recurrent and chronically progressive symptoms related to the fusion ("normal" people.....not ones being knocked around by 300 pounders or someone performing tasks that require repetitive violent movements of the neck, shoulder and arms). Furthermore, in my earlier Peyton posts, I emphasized that it is common that the vertebral segments above and below those fused are already usually showing degenerative changes that also continue to progress with their own accompanying symptoms. When Steve Slaton returned from surgery, it was said that his performance suffered because of loss of confidence. This might have been true, but for the fact that there was good reason for this loss of confidence...........as I found out later when he went to Miami, he was actually experiencing continued symptoms.....something I suspected from the beginning. You might remember he was placed on IR by the Texans the end of the 2010 season due to a mysterious "shoulder injury." Funny how close the shoulder is to the neck........and Slaton was complaining of shoulder and neck pains prior to his surgery............

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Manning should retire immediately. Dude is first ballot HoF and should enjoy the rest of his life to take care of his neck.

yes, retire, Peyton, retire... :evil:

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
Has nobody stopped to think that the usual mediots if they even hinted there was a story behind this wouldn't be all over it by now? BSPN, Fox sports would have camera's angled out side of Mannings toilet waiting to get the inside scoop if this were the case

so obviously there is nothing to see here!!! Peyton will be good to go for the 2013 season

Fred

Veteran
Manning should retire immediately. Dude is first ballot HoF and should enjoy the rest of his life to take care of his neck.

yes, retire, Peyton, retire... :evil:
As long as he retires before December 22... (Although seriously if one wrong hit gives him a lifetime of agony he will wish he had listened to you).

Has nobody stopped to think that the usual mediots if they even hinted there was a story behind this wouldn't be all over it by now? BSPN, Fox sports would have camera's angled out side of Mannings toilet waiting to get the inside scoop if this were the case

so obviously there is nothing to see here!!! Peyton will be good to go for the 2013 season
Come on, don't confuse him with Brett Favre and Tim Tebow.

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
Come on, don't confuse him with Brett Favre and Tim Tebow.
who's confusing him??? believe me if there was any truth to this stuff about Manning
I'd be in full agreement bout retirement. walk away before you get carried off, but I
do not see this as a issue.

Besides Peyton knows what is good for him and would have announced by now
his intent to retire from the game after having discussed things over with his
family and doctor

however if Denver wins it all this year and they got a good shot at it!! I might
think about going out on top rather than trying to be a glory hound looking for
a repeat in 2014

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
who's confusing him??? believe me if there was any truth to this stuff about Manning
I'd be in full agreement bout retirement. walk away before you get carried off, but I
do not see this as a issue.

Besides Peyton knows what is good for him and would have announced by now
his intent to retire from the game after having discussed things over with his
family and doctor

however if Denver wins it all this year and they got a good shot at it!! I might
think about going out on top rather than trying to be a glory hound looking for
a repeat in 2014
Like his third surgery that he and the Broncos kept secret.........and was not discovered by ANY of the big sports media outlets until AFTER his fourth surgery was performed.:kitten:

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
OK he has surgery on his neck but nobody knows what this surgery was repairing? could have been something simple and we're ready to call for his retirement all ready. I mean
I'm not saying surgery is not serious but let's wait till the details come out before
avoiding jumping to conclusions

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
OK he has surgery on his neck but nobody knows what this surgery was repairing? could have been something simple and we're ready to call for his retirement all ready. I mean
I'm not saying surgery is not serious but let's wait till the details come out before
avoiding jumping to conclusions
My own posts concerning this last report never discussed "retirement." Only that his purported problems would be very consistent with a person with his previous neck history as a whole. IF he does indeed have these problems now, they could possibly be temporized. But it would not fare well to having a successful 2013 or a bright future.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My own posts concerning this last report never discussed "retirement." Only that his purported problems would be very consistent with a person with his previous neck history as a whole. IF he does indeed have these problems now, they could possibly be temporized. But it would not fare well to having a successful 2013 or a bright future.
My retirement comments were in jest because a Manning-less Broncos is good for the Texans. Leave it to Cowboys troll to be unable to discern subject-related sarcasm.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
I hope he isn't having more issues. Despite his record against the texans I do really enjoy watching him play, just hope he chokes in our games.

Fred

Veteran
My retirement comments were in jest because a Manning-less Broncos is good for the Texans. Leave it to Cowboys troll to be unable to discern subject-related sarcasm.
Mine also, which is why I put in the date Dec 22 (Broncos @ Texans date).

Also I didn't mean that Peyton was confused by Favre and Tebow, I was poking fun at who the media really covers. (Tebow takes shirt off at beach, Peyton's arm amputated. Stay tuned for continuing coverage from the beach, interviews with everyone who has ever been to the beach, and how Tebow's 15 minutes without a shirt will impact the upcoming season...)

I should probably just put the sarcasm smiley in my signature.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I interpreted your comments just as you meant them.............without seeing the sarcasm emoticon.

(I never realized the Cowboys troll angle until I looked back at his overtly nasty posts beginning with the first on this MB back in 2006, then going on to refer to the Texans as "TEXTURDS" and "HOUSTINKS."................CLASSY GUY!)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Mine also, which is why I put in the date Dec 22 (Broncos @ Texans date).

Also I didn't mean that Peyton was confused by Favre and Tebow, I was poking fun at who the media really covers. (Tebow takes shirt off at beach, Peyton's arm amputated. Stay tuned for continuing coverage from the beach, interviews with everyone who has ever been to the beach, and how Tebow's 15 minutes without a shirt will impact the upcoming season...)

I should probably just put the sarcasm smiley in my signature.
yep. But we know each other as long time members of this forum. We are both fluent in sarcasm and [hopefully] appreciate that in each other. I ready your reply to me and knew exactly what you were talking about as part of the Texan fan family.

And funny about the media's obvious obsessions over certain players.

"Hernandez Arrested for Murder! Will Tim Tebow Eat Cheeseburgers?"

"Tom Brady's New Haircut!"

"Peyton Manning: Does He Dunk His Oreos in Milk?"

Stay tuned for these and other unexciting irrelevant stories right after these crass commercial messages!

I interpreted your comments just as you meant them.............without seeing the sarcasm emoticon.

(I never realized the Cowboys troll angle until I looked back at his overtly nasty posts beginning with the first on this MB back in 2006, then going on to refer to the Texans as "TEXTURDS" and "HOUSTINKS."................CLASSY GUY!)
yep, another long time member fluent in sarcasm. Long time Texans fans have a bond forged in the history of this franchise, and we get the humor required to see ourselves through some dismal seasons. It also helps us to identify outsiders, like Cowboys troll, even though his trolliness is in full evidence by his posting history.