Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A Team and NFL record May Fall tomorrow

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be great!.......and it is definitely possible.:texflag:

Ben Tate, in turn, kept a poker face. Informed that Foster's recurring hamstring issues might give him a shot at a piece of NFL history in New Orleans on Sunday, Tate sounded nonplused.

Did he realize only one man has rushed for 100 or more yards in each of his first three NFL games? Or did he realize the player was Cadillac Williams, who preceded him at Auburn?

"No, I didn't," Tate said.

Nor does it much matter to him, although he did sound happy to hear a fellow Tiger owns the distinction.

"It's not really on my mind," Tate said "The No. 1 priority is winning the game. It's a big game for us, a big step for this team. That's our No. 1 goal."

Indeed, the Texans are trying to make franchise history. In nine previous seasons, they never started 3-0.link

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Ben Tate, in turn, kept a poker face. Informed that Foster's recurring hamstring issues might give him a shot at a piece of NFL history in New Orleans on Sunday, Tate sounded nonplused.

Did he realize only one man has rushed for 100 or more yards in each of his first three NFL games? Or did he realize the player was Cadillac Williams, who preceded him at Auburn?

Nor does it much matter to him, although he did sound happy to hear a fellow Tiger owns the distinction.

"It's not really on my mind," Tate said "The No. 1 priority is winning the game. It's a big game for us, a big step for this team. That's our No. 1 goal."

Indeed, the Texans are trying to make franchise history. In nine previous seasons, they never started 3-0.link
That's what I want to hear.
From all of them.

GP

Go Texans!
I'm glad he didn't say it is a "must play well" game.

I'm glad he didn't say "It's just another game to us."

This guy, so far, is an impressive professional on AND OFF the field. Nothing but business, a sense of true humility, and no shenanigans.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I'm glad he didn't say it is a "must play well" game.

I'm glad he didn't say "It's just another game to us."

This guy, so far, is an impressive professional on AND OFF the field. Nothing but business, a sense of true humility, and no shenanigans.
Same here, its no longer "play well" time..... it seems as if things are falling in the Texans favor, if they cant capitalize on it I shudder to think of how long it WILL take.

Every Texan on the field should not only expect to win but accept nothing less.

I don't expect a perfect season so I expect to see at least one L this season and can accept it (like a kick to the gut) if they are in the game the whole time, but then write offs are a luxury of being a fan, not a player.

fiasco west

All Pro
Need to go 1-0.

I've been hearing that from various players all year long and love the mentality. It is the same mentality the Patriots have.

Giant Tiger

Veteran
Same here, its no longer "play well" time..... it seems as if things are falling in the Texans favor, if they cant capitalize on it I shudder to think of how long it WILL take.

Every Texan on the field should not only expect to win but accept nothing less.

I don't expect a perfect season so I expect to see at least one L this season and can accept it (like a kick to the gut) if they are in the game the whole time, but then write offs are a luxury of being a fan, not a player.
Yeah, this is the most I've looked forward to a game since the Texans first game against the Cowboys :gotexans1

badboy

Hall of Fame

Saw title & thought NFL record for combined score record.

Good to hear Taete keeping head on straight.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
PFT says Foster won't play, so let's really hope that record does fall. LINK

Texans running back Arian Foster didn’t play in Week One with a hamstring injury. And he likely wont play in Week Three.

Bob Holtzmann of ESPN reports that signs are pointing to Foster not playing at New Orleans. Separately, we’ve heard from a league source that Foster is not expected to play.

The 2010 NFL rushing leader practiced on a limited basis Thursday and Friday, raising hopes that he would be available. He is officially listed as questionable.

Ben Tate, who has rushed for more than 100 yards in each of the first two games of the season, will start in Foster’s absence.

Foster initially injured the hamstring during the first practice of training camp. He has since aggravated it twice, most recently against the Dolphins in Week Two.

hradhak

Veteran
Need to go 1-0.

I've been hearing that from various players all year long and love the mentality. It is the same mentality the Patriots have.
I doubt the Pats were thinking that when they were 19 and 0.
Good to see that our team isn't resting on the laurels of gutting it out in Miami. It seemed like we did that against the Skins last year.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I doubt the Pats were thinking that when they were 19 and 0.
Good to see that our team isn't resting on the laurels of gutting it out in Miami. It seemed like we did that against the Skins last year.
The Pats never went 19-0.
They were 18-1.

srrono

All Pro
Acording to Sunday NFL Countdown NO DC is so concerned with A Johnson and the deep ball NO will play with 1 less defender than normal in run defense. Tate should be able to run well as long as scoring doesnt get out of reach. :splits:

hradhak

Veteran
I can't imagine that they would do this.
I'm totally fine with it though, we can go nuts running it down their throats then.