Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-20-2011   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts fans are jumping off the bandwagon

Quote:
It really isnít hyperbole to say that there hasnít been a bigger jumping off a team bandwagon in sports history than Colts fansí collective reaction to the can of whoop-ass the Houston Texans opened up on their team in Week 1.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...olts-bandwagon

The end of an era? Probably...I don't see Peyton ever returning to his old self.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts fans are jumping off the bandwagon

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Chumps! Welcome to our world, Colts fan!

Lots of respect for Manning, but I don't feel sorry for the Colts in the slightest. I'd just as soon see them in the cellar for the next decade. Football is brutal in that regard.
Old 09-20-2011   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After all, there hasnít been a single athlete in my lifetime who has been more important to their team as Manning is to the Colts. Some would argue that LeBron James was more important to the Cavs, but my counterargument is that Manning actually brought Indianapolis a Super Bowl title while the only things LeBron brought to Cleveland were a receding hairline, betrayal, and a propensity to routinely waste a significant amount of powdered chalk. Others might argue that Michael Jordan was more important to the Toon Squad than Manning is to the Colts, but to be honest Iím not completely sold that Space Jam was actually a true story. (If you look closely at the scene where Jordan goes for the game-winning dunk, you can tell that his arm stretches out further than any human arm should ever be able to stretch ó thatís a dead giveaway that itís fake.) Simply put, for a lot of us fair-weather Colts fans, the Colts without Manning really arenít even the Colts at all. So I think weíre entirely justified in not exactly being gung-ho about cheering for Indianapolis this season. It really is like weíre watching a completely different team even though theyíre essentially only missing one guy.

I particularly enjoyed this bit. Nice find.
Old 09-20-2011   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Others might argue that Michael Jordan was more important to the Toon Squad than Manning is to the Colts, but to be honest Iím not completely sold that Space Jam was actually a true story. (If you look closely at the scene where Jordan goes for the game-winning dunk, you can tell that his arm stretches out further than any human arm should ever be able to stretch ó thatís a dead giveaway that itís fake.)
ITS REAL DAMMIT ITS REAL!!! Don't take away my childhood!!!

Old 09-20-2011   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I particularly enjoyed this bit. Nice find.
That was awesome!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part:

Quote:
Here’s more evidence of Colts fans struggling to comprehend their team’s demise: My brother attended Sunday’s game at Lucas Oil Stadium. In the fourth quarter, he called me and said a fight had just broken out between two Indianapolis fans who were nearby. According to my brother, the guy who instigated the fight had been cursing at fellow Colts fans for cheering on the Indianapolis defense only during 3rd downs, and remaining virtually silent during 1st and 2nd downs. I guess the other guy in the fight didn’t take too kindly to getting cussed out just because he wasn’t wasting his time and energy yelling in support of a defense that has given up over 30 points per game this season. One thing lead to another and before you could say “Mike Vanderjagt’s frosted tips,” these two guys were throwing down in fisticuffs simply because they forgot what it was like to support a losing football team.
I'd say that I don't want to engage in bit of schadenfreude, but I'd be lying.
Old 09-20-2011   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Its the Texans time to shine...and kick the shit out of the Colts for the next decade.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope the Texans are in a position to lay down for the Colts in week 16. They need a couple of wins to get them away from drafting Luck...
Old 09-20-2011   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

In the words of my avatar "Bueno!"

I can feel the butt-hurt all the way from Indianapolis to Houston and the butt-hurt is good. I have this urge to pull a "Cartman" and go find a crying Colts fan just so I can taste their "delicious tears of unfathomable sadness".
Old 09-20-2011   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 62133 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Laugh it up for 11 months guys, and then get ready for a decade of Andrew Luck.

I for one will be cheering for the Colts to win a few.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Likewise. I'm hoping the Colts miracle themselves into a 4-2 division record.
Old 09-20-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

My brother is a Colts fan....Well really he's just a bandwagon fan IMHO.

Gonna be interesting to see how he supports them if they super suck.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Simply put, for a lot of us fair-weather Colts fans, the Colts without Manning really arenít even the Colts at all.
Actually the opposite is true. Without Peyton Manning the Colts are just the Colts.

I personally look forward to having the real Indianapolis Colts back.

Anyone know the Colts all-time record post Baltimore / pre Manning?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #14
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I don't see Indy getting Luck. I think Seattle and KC are worse teams.

Here is my top 5 Super PRE mock that is sure to be wrong.

1. KC: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
KC gets the top rated QB.

2. Seattle: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Caroll takes his boy.

3. Cleveland: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Colt gets a stud WR to throw the ball to.

4. Indy:Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Whoever your QB is going to be, you need a Blue chip OT to protect him.

5. Denver: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Denver finally admits Tebow isn't a QB and makes him a HB/FB/WR/TE option. They draft a QB.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Just looked it up ... Colts win - loss record after they betrayed Baltimore and pre Manning ... 80-134.

This does not count Manning's 3-13 rookie campaign.

So like I said, Colts are going back to being the Colts.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Why is everyone so sure that Luck is going to be a Hall of Famer?

He'd have to follow one of the greatest in Indy, which should never be underestimated. That kind of legacy shadow is never easy, and with Manning, those are some mighty big shoes to fill.

Plus, like I said in another thread, nobody is guaranteed to be great (or even good) in the NFL. How many first round busts have we seen as NFL fans over the years? Heck, we've got one as a backup QB on our team, and dude had all the college credentials that you could ask for in a draft pick. He's just one of many, many examples.

I will NEVER root for the Colts unless they play two teams. I'd just as soon see them go 2-14 or 3-13.
Old 09-20-2011   #17
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hereís something I saw in 1998 and was certain Iíd never see again: My Giant, starring Billy Crystal and Gheorghe Muresan.
I though My Giant was a fine film.
Old 09-20-2011   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Sucks for them Cam Newton was drafted THIS year.

.....just like it sucked for us Mike Vick came out in '01 instead
of '02.
Old 09-20-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor Colts fans. It's like the Sopranos. The two kids had everything handed to them, the wife even lived the high life, and then one day it just all comes unwound and you know it's Suckville the rest of the way.

Reap it, Colts fan. You don't have a team. You HAD a guy who masked your team's weaknesses. Now your super powers are gone. You're just one of us now.

Suck it up, Colts fan. Now you have to actually anxiously wait out games and see if your TEAM can outwork the other team. Even your offensive line knows the party is over, they look like a bunch of sad sacks on the sideline giving out half-hearted fist bumps and a look on their faces as if they just carried a piano up 4 flights of stairs.

LMAO @ Colts fan. Welcome to the real world, dyckheads.
Old 09-20-2011   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Sucks for them Cam Newton was drafted THIS year.

.....just like it sucked for us Mike Vick came out in '01 instead
of '02.
Might not be too bad for them. They could end up with the number 1 pick and draft Andrew Luck.

If so, well....

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read