Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who will get the first sack vs the Saints?
Connor Barwin 3 5.00%
Mario Williams 20 33.33%
Antonio Smith 18 30.00%
JJ Watt 13 21.67%
Shaun Cody 1 1.67%
Brian Cushing 4 6.67%
Demeco Ryans 1 1.67%
Tim Jamison 0 0%
Jesse Nading 0 0%
Brooks Reed 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Who will get the first sack vs the Saints?

It's time, make your prediction, who's it gonna be?
Old 09-21-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will get the first sack vs the Saints?

I'm gonna say DR -- I think he wants to come out guns blazin'!
Old 09-21-2011   #3
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams. He didn't get a sack in the last game despite his constant pressure. He will make his presence felt early in this one!

OneUp QB SACK!!
TheGoldenGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ Shaun Cody
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's time, make your prediction, who's it gonna be?
thunderkyss, there's no Braman on the list!! After Mario chasing all over Brees, Braman comes in to give Mario a breather for just one play and gets sack!!! Or, would love to see Brooks or JJ gets one. But I really think Mario is the one to get first sack!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with J.J. again. I think he matches up well against the Saints interior OL.
Old 09-21-2011   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Antonio.
Mario will draw his share of extra attention, and the league is beginning to know who JJ Watt is, and the Aints will be showing him some respect by giving their OL help blocking him from time to time. Antonio will take advantage of the attention given to other players, and will get the first sack. In fact, I'm saying Antonio actually notches two sacks in this game.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2011   #8
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Who will get the first sack vs the Saints?

I am going with JJ Watt "THE SWAT PATROL"......
That guy has a motor that never quits......he just brings it every play.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #9
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to be rude (OK, I am rude, never mind) but I find all these "who get's first sack/TD/whatever against [this weeks opponent] to be stupid and annoying. Who gives a crap? I don't care who gets the first sack/TD as long as we get a bunch of them.

The stat I like to see? Who gets the LAST running play? (Answer: Matt Schaub for a one yard loss).
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Not to be rude (OK, I am rude, never mind) but I find all these "who get's first sack/TD/whatever against [this weeks opponent] to be stupid and annoying. Who gives a crap? I don't care who gets the first sack/TD as long as we get a bunch of them.

The stat I like to see? Who gets the LAST running play? (Answer: Matt Schaub for a one yard loss).
To be a jackass, if you don't like them, don't read them or post in them. Just ignore them.
Old 09-22-2011   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

So, just to make sure I have a clear picture of where you're coming from... you voluntarily enter a thread whose topic annoys you, just to express your annoyment (is that a word?) to others, who presumably are in the thread because they are interested in it?

Who the F made you the Texans Talk thread topic police?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
So, just to make sure I have a clear picture of where you're coming from... you voluntarily enter a thread whose topic annoys you, just to express your annoyment (is that a word?) to others, who presumably are in the thread because they are interested in it?

I think the word would be annoyance but I'm not 100% on that and it annoys me almost as much as Fred annoyed me.
Old 09-22-2011   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep voting for Antonio Smith every week, I've got to be right eventually.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Mario but I would like to see some DB's names on the list. I could see JoJo or Quinn or Manning in on the first one. More so than Shaun Cody. Or Nading, unless he got a peice of Schaub in practice
Old 09-22-2011   #15
JGarza #70
Superbowl 2012

Section: Sec 121 Loud and Proud
Rep Power: 1001 JGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Mario... But i dont care who gets it just as long as we can get to Breezy it all good....

Come on Texans...Winnnniiiinnnnggg...
JGarza #70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Why isn't "Tater Salad" an option in this poll?
Old 09-22-2011   #17
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Ckw?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm going with J.J. again. I think he matches up well against the Saints interior OL.
Evans and Nicks are both top echelon guards. Olin Kreutz is old as dirt though and is a definite weakness.

Voted JJ Watt.
Old 09-22-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I voted Mario but I would like to see some DB's names on the list. I could see JoJo or Quinn or Manning in on the first one. More so than Shaun Cody. Or Nading, unless he got a peice of Schaub in practice
Good point, I can do that next time. Just haven't seen many DB blitzes...

But you're right, I can take Shaun Cody off the list.... even though I vote for him every time (sucker).
Old 09-22-2011   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have brought a safety or two this year. Mostly on run blitzes but I could really see it in this game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read