Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2011   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans getting a LOT of talk

Today all over Sirius XM and ESPN 1st Take (which of course Skip B!tchless disagreed with).

This scares me. As much as I want to drink the koolaid, I'm not even taking a sip!

We were 2-0 last year and that was a disaster. Things have changed so much for the better, and, I do believe we are going to make it to the playoffs. Problem is, the road to the playoffs isn't yellow brick.

Which brings me to this, the best part about all the coverage today is I heard a caller who used the phrase "Man Up Monday" after his team lost this weekend.

I'm officially stealing it for use on Texans Talk! Who knows, maybe we could use it on the Saints board in a few days
Old 09-21-2011   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans getting a LOT of talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Today all over Sirius XM and ESPN 1st Take (which of course Skip B!tchless disagreed with).

This scares me. As much as I want to drink the koolaid, I'm not even taking a sip!

We were 2-0 last year and that was a disaster. Things have changed so much for the better, and, I do believe we are going to make it to the playoffs. Problem is, the road to the playoffs isn't yellow brick.

Which brings me to this, the best part about all the coverage today is I heard a caller who used the phrase "Man Up Monday" after his team lost this weekend.

I'm officially stealing it for use on Texans Talk! Who knows, maybe we could use it on the Saints board in a few days
"Man Up Monday"

Love it Kimmy, that was totally me with my fantasy football team this week. When you talk a big game you often times have to man up on Monday morning.
Old 09-21-2011   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2-0 from last year was totally different from the 2-0 from this year. I didn't feel good about the the good start last year. The defense especially looked horrid after the Redskins game. We won but you had a feeling that the defense was going to struggle mightily the rest of the year. Justs feels different this year. When the defense takes the field, I look forward to a big play from the defense.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #4
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
The 2-0 from last year was totally different from the 2-0 from this year. I didn't feel good about the the good start last year. The defense especially looked horrid after the Redskins game. We won but you had a feeling that the defense was going to struggle mightily the rest of the year. Justs feels different this year. When the defense takes the field, I look forward to a big play from the defense.
I still have that ba feeling our defense will be horrid, but I think it's that beaten dog feeling I had last year from our D. If our D plays well on Sunday, we will win. I fell like Matt is going to have a big game(he is due).
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I listen to Sirius NFL daily. Most of their hosts do an absolutely great job of letting the fans have their say and then actually discussing it on the air. I've called in a few times to Moving the Chains and Late hits and it was great.
The Moving the Chains guys actually met up with regular callers at TC's this year.
BTW, they shut me down about the trade MW thing and said he'd be fine and do a good job. I'm still eating crow over that one.
Old 09-21-2011   #6
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I listen to Sirius NFL daily. Most of their hosts do an absolutely great job of letting the fans have their say and then actually discussing it on the air. I've called in a few times to Moving the Chains and Late hits and it was great.
The Moving the Chains guys actually met up with regular callers at TC's this year.
BTW, they shut me down about the trade MW thing and said he'd be fine and do a good job. I'm still eating crow over that one.
Man Up Monday, Doc!! LOL
Old 09-21-2011   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Always best to be on the other side of whatever Bayless is b!tching about...

And if it's "Man Up Monday" ol' Skippy will have to wait 'til Tuesday, won't he.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

MEH!!! While I remain cautiously optimistic, I still have a better feeling about this 2-0 team v. last year's 2-0 team. I don't think we'll win in N.O. this weekend, but we should play a better game and not fold like last year's non-existent defense.
Old 09-21-2011   #9
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
You said it....I look forward to seeing the defense on the field.....It is fun to watch those guys bring it ...
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man Up Monday, Doc!! LOL
I'll pass. I enjoy gloating when I'm right, but I hate admitting when I'm wrong.
Old 09-21-2011   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, didn't see anything wrong with what Bayless said. He's right. We need to actually do something and beat a upper echelon opponent, before we're put in the top 5 of NFL power rankings (not that a give a crap about power rankings to begin with). I'm in the same camp as skip...."show me". and Houston will get their chance this weekend and next weekend at home.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #12
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, screw Bayless and the path he skipped in on. His opinion on the Texans is about as relevant as my opinion on Dancing with the Stars.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Meh, screw Bayless and the path he skipped in on. His opinion on the Texans is about as relevant as my opinion on Dancing with the Stars.
Right, Skip Bayless also said the Cowboys would go to the Super Bowl last year. You see how that worked out. Even with Tony Romo healthy, that wasn't gonna happen.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we win. I want to win. I can't quite bring myself to expect to win because lets face facts, the Saints are very, very good and we're playing in New Orleans. I'm not conceding anything when I say that if the Texans don't win I will be mostly concerned with how they lost not that they lost.

If we upset the Saints I will be very impressed with this team. If we lose but make them earn it I will not be gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out over the Texans falling short again (though most of these people nationally giving us all this praise after two wins over poor to mid-tier opponents will be pointing fingers).

I will only be upset with the Texans if they sleepwalk into the Superdome and lay down for the Saints. That's the only outcome I won't be able to tolerate. Getting destroyed and not making a game of it would indeed be "Same old Texans" again.
Old 09-21-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I hope we win. I want to win. I can't quite bring myself to expect to win because lets face facts, the Saints are very, very good and we're playing in New Orleans. I'm not conceding anything when I say that if the Texans don't win I will be mostly concerned with how they lost not that they lost.

If we upset the Saints I will be very impressed with this team. If we lose but make them earn it I will not be gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out over the Texans falling short again (though most of these people nationally giving us all this praise after two wins over poor to mid-tier opponents will be pointing fingers).

I will only be upset with the Texans if they sleepwalk into the Superdome and lay down for the Saints. That's the only outcome I won't be able to tolerate. Getting destroyed and not making a game of it would indeed be "Same old Texans" again.
We're paddling the same canoe.
Old 09-21-2011   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
It's still a opinion.

I'm extremely excited about the Texans this season. I have money on this game, but when he said show me, he's right. The early signs have been great so far. They jumped on the Colts early and snuffed them out. The Dolphins game was a decent test and a good road victory. It was sloppy, but the team made big plays on offense, defense, and special teams to remain in control. However the Saints barely lost to the Packers and blew out the Bears. I'd rather wait until after this game before I rank them. I want to see how the run defense holds up this week. NOLA has RBs.

The Saints are that first early season test. I can't wait.

BTW I don't agree with Skip's top 5 rankings of the AFC. That was stupid. People are giving the Jets wins. Dallas gave them one and if the Jags had any QB at all the Jets would've lost that game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see the Texans losing the next 3 games. Hope I'm wrong. (But it doesn't matter)

The playoffs this yr are going to come down to

1. Beating the Tacks (It's about time)
2. Winning the last 3 games (Gary it is on you)

I believe this will happen and the Texans cherry will be popped. (Welcome to the playoffs< 1st rd payoff exit)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us getting destroyed. In Wade I trust, in Koob not so much. I have faith Wade's defense will put the offense in the best possible position they can to win. It's up to Koob to figure out after that. Get it done Koob.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #19
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans getting a LOT of talk, but no national press?

I am confused.

Texans getting a LOT of talk but no national press.

They're getting no respect, but don't deserve any because they haven't proven anything, other than being ranked unreasonably high in several power rankings.

Wha???
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans getting a LOT of talk, but no national press?

and I am confused as to the actual nature of your confusion

seriously though, you didn't really pose a clear question. There are other threads - too many really - about, what we perceive, as a lack of respect/notariety/coverage regarding the Texans when it comes to the nationwide media outlets.

soooo whutchu talkin' 'bout willis?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read