Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-21-2011   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andy Dalton can play

Pretty good start for the rookie. Being overshadowed by Newton.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14012/andy-dalton
Old 09-21-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andy Dalton can play

he's a ginger...he deserves no recognition.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I got laughed at for saying that I would draft him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

This town should be exhibiting crazy fandom for him. I mean, that's what we do for local kid made good QBs, right?

Old 09-21-2011   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This town should be exhibiting crazy fandom for him. I mean, that's what we do for local kid made good QBs, right?

I'm going to launch a food line called Dandy Andy Sausage Candy. Although it sounds more like a gay club.
Old 09-21-2011   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully not that good when we play them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Dalton would be the most 'ready' QB in the draft. Had him as number two overall behind Cam.

I guess it is better to be lucky than good.
Old 11-07-2011   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this guy is tearing it up.

Raise your hand if you thought the Bengals would be winning that division
Old 11-07-2011   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Funny how a QB somewhere else with an 85 QB rating, 1700 yards and 6.6 ypa attempt is tearing it up and many folks around here think a QB with a 92.6 QB rating, 2250 yards and 8.1 ypa sucks.

Quote:
Raise your hand if you thought the Bengals would be winning that division
I didn't but I didn't look closely at their schedule and let's face it there are three teams in the division with six wins. The other two have faced each other twice already. The Bengals are about to have to finish their season with four games against those two teams.
Old 11-07-2011   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Funny how a QB somewhere else with an 85 QB rating, 1700 yards and 6.6 ypa attempt is tearing it up and many folks around here think a QB with a 92.6 QB rating, 2250 yards and 8.1 ypa sucks.
I think they are both having stellar seasons, but I think the reason that someone like Dalton appears to be the bigger surprise is because
a) He's a rookie QB
b) The Bengals were widely considered to be devoid of offensive talent
c) He wasn't even chosen in the 1st round
d) They are remarkably sitting at 6-2, despite many projecting them to go winless

Plus he's only played 7 games to Schaub's 9

Quote:

I didn't but I didn't look closely at their schedule and let's face it there are three teams in the division with six wins. The other two have faced each other twice already. The Bengals are about to have to finish their season with four games against those two teams.
They've got quality wins over Tennessee and Buffalo.
The rest aren't too impressive, but the only bad loss has been Denver
Old 11-07-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

When they were healthy back in 2009 (I think) they swept that division.
Old 11-07-2011   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Talking about a guy tearing it up ...

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt very strongly that this was a crappy draft for QBS and the only team thet got it right was Cincy.

Bout the only thing I have gotten right NFL-draft wise this year.

I do know I despised the Locker and Ponder picks and felt it was a colassal reaches.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

He is on a whole new level. Not the Aaron Rodgers level, but not many people playing as well as Eli is right now.
Old 11-07-2011   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
He is on a whole new level. Not the Aaron Rodgers level, but not many people playing as well as Eli is right now.
He's missing Steve Smith too. He's making Victor Cruz look like a Pro bowler.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
He's missing Steve Smith too. He's making Victor Cruz look like a Pro bowler.
Most of you know that I am a Giants fan too. Right when the Giants took the 17-13 lead late in the 4th QTR we had to leave to go to an anniversary party. I was not too pleased at that moment. Fortunately I have a mobile phone app that gets me just about every sports radio station in North America so I was able to tune into the Giants broadcast in the car going to this place. When the Pats scored their final TD I thought it was over. However when Eli brought them back like that I was kicking myself that I could only hear it and not see it.

Personally I am shocked they are sitting at 6-2. Their offseason was brutal losing some key players (Boss and Smith for example). Then during the preseason their defense was decimated with season ending injuries. I pretty much wrote them off before week 1 and expected nothing this year. They still have a killer schedule coming up. Their next five games are the 49ers, Eagles, Packers, Saints and Cowboys. Figure in the Pats too in that stretch.
Old 11-07-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

He's elite.

FYI, I'm calling a Giants vs Texans Super Bowl.

Imagine that, a Manning & an AFC South team playing the Super Bowl in Indy..... but no Peyton.
Old 11-07-2011   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's elite.

FYI, I'm calling a Giants vs Texans Super Bowl.

Imagine that, a Manning & an AFC South team playing the Super Bowl in Indy..... but no Peyton.
Don't want. Would prefer the Texans against some team I don't like.
Old 11-07-2011   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Don't want. Would prefer the Texans against some team I don't like.
No way, it's a win win! Just wear blue and do the wave the while game
Old 11-07-2011   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't expect them to come out of the gate like this at all. But, as Cak said, they still have Pitt and Balt to deal with.

They've surprised me, but I'd truly be surprised if they stay atop of the AFCN. I don't think they can do it.

P.S. Thank you for beating the titans. I actually picked the Bengals to win that one. Yay me!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read