Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-21-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Can someone please explain the line movement

I'd provide a link, if I weren't at work. But if anyone can please take a look at Vegasinsider.com & look at the line movement for the Texans/Saints game & please explain what it means.

It lists the line, going back to the 16th... Friday?

I don't really understand what's going on so far. It looks as if Houston started as 2 point favorites but now are 2 point dogs.

What is that number (2-125) mean?

And the over/under, is that 41?
Old 09-21-2011   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can someone please explain the line movement

Not an expert on betting but looks to me like Houston has been a pretty consistent 3.5 to 4 point dog and the over/under is around 53 - so the money is splitting on it being around Saints 30 Texans 24.
Old 09-21-2011   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen anywhere where the Texans were ever favored in this game. At the site you mentioned, I could only find it going back to the 18th and it's pretty much been Saints -4 with the O/U at 53. And that's pretty much what I've seen everywhere all week.

In fact, that site says it opened at Saints -3.5, so I really don't know what you could have been looking at unless it was some kind of glitch or whatever.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is that number (2-125) mean?
That means the bet is $125 to win $100 on whatever the 2 is.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Thanks guys.

Earlier I was looking at it on my Android. The page I was looking at was actually something called Vegas line movement.. still don't know what that is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read