Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2011   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Brandon Harris

Whats the eval on him so far?

I woulda focused more on him if I saw him, but I was at a phins fan's place watching the game sunday and he got suddenly interested in the chargers/pats game, no idea why
Old 09-20-2011   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris

He hasn't suited up yet. Was inactive in both games.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #3
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has he even been in a game yet? I was literally just looking him up for work, but the Texans' website said he hasn't been in a game yet, and they have it updated on other players up to week 2.

I'd like to see what his status is, being our second draft pick and all, and especially after watching Allen get manhandled. I know Harris isn't a physical beast either, but maybe he knows how to tackle.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
Has he even been in a game yet? I was literally just looking him up for work, but the Texans' website said he hasn't been in a game yet, and they have it updated on other players up to week 2.

I'd like to see what his status is, being our second draft pick and all, and especially after watching Allen get manhandled. I know Harris isn't a physical beast either, but maybe he knows how to tackle.
3rd. he was the third pick.

1. Watt
2a. Reed
2b. Harris

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #5
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

"TRANSACTIONS: Selected by the Houston Texans in the second round (60th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft." From here: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/ro...6-61a1c2e335ba

Am I misreading that? I've never followed a draft before this season :X Or is it just the wrong info?

Edit: Reread you post, think I understand now. Plus I'm starting to remember more of the details of the draft.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
"TRANSACTIONS: Selected by the Houston Texans in the second round (60th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft." From here: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/ro...6-61a1c2e335ba

Am I misreading that? I've never followed a draft before this season :X Or is it just the wrong info?

Edit: Reread you post, think I understand now. Plus I'm starting to remember more of the details of the draft.
Twas an exciting draft. We selected JJ Watt and Brooks Reed with our original 1st and 2nd round picks, respectively. We then traded up to the latter part of the 2nd round to secure Brandon Harris. He's a 2nd rounder but was our 3rd selection. I hope he can get on the field and develop some, I'm excited about him being in our secondary.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are doing with Harris what they should have done with Kareem last year, not play him, redshirt him, ease him in slowly with as little pressure as possible.

Thank you Wade for showing this novel concept to the organization.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2011   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 104065 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
The Texans are doing with Harris what they should have done with Kareem last year, not play him, redshirt him, ease him in slowly with as little pressure as possible.

Thank you Wade for showing this novel concept to the organization.
You have to have the luxury of depth in order to sit folks as well. I'm shocked at the number of Texans "cast-offs" that were signed by other teams.
Old 09-20-2011   #9
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Wade once say that Brandon Harris was going to be our nickel?
Old 09-20-2011   #10
FuriousGravy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You have to have the luxury of depth in order to sit folks as well.
Agreed. Who else were we going to start at corner last year, Jacques Reeves?
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Didn't Wade once say that Brandon Harris was going to be our nickel?
He said he was a good college nickel and had the skills to do that at the NFL level, but never declared him that at any time.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice to have depth. Although if Jason Allen keeps playing the way he did, Harris may be activated.
Old 09-20-2011   #13
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
He said he was a good college nickel and had the skills to do that at the NFL level, but never declared him that at any time.
I don't have time to find the quote but I am fairly positive that he said Harris had the nickel spot locked up in training camp or preseason.
Old 09-20-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I don't have time to find the quote but I am fairly positive that he said Harris had the nickel spot locked up in training camp or preseason.
That was Vance Joseph.

He said "the nickel spot is his". I think I posted the quote somewhere around here.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The "problem" for Harris is our coaching. We now have better coaches who have improved McMannis and McCain. This is a good thing.
Old 09-20-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still excited about Harris and he will probably be the nickle by the end of the yr. It wouldn't suprise me if Harris is starting sometime next yr.

Didn't Molden make the Pats team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #17
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That was Vance Joseph.

He said "the nickel spot is his". I think I posted the quote somewhere around here.
I remember suspecting that the quote was taken out of context. Seems I was right.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm still excited about Harris and he will probably be the nickle by the end of the yr. It wouldn't suprise me if Harris is starting sometime next yr.

I think he made their injury team.
Old 09-20-2011   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Yep - he's been active for both games. Don't know if he actually played.
Old 09-20-2011   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep - he's been active for both games. Don't know if he actually played.
Maybe thats why their pass D looks like ours did last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read