Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2011   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Video of Braman Bramanizing Brahs

Are you a Braman brah? A look at Texans special teams.

I love his story.

Massive, athletic guy with dreads.
Bounces around different schools.
Overcomes trouble with the laws.
Models for Abercrombie & Fitch.
Catches on with a NFL team after his coach vouches for him.
Survives camp.
Has a multiple sack game on MNF in the preseason.
Makes the team.
Makes the game day roster.
Bramanizes some brahs.

You need to watch the video. Makes my day.
Old 09-20-2011   #2
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Video of Braman Bramanizing Brahs

Thanks.
We saw that hit, but had to rewind the DVR a couple of times to get the number. We did not hear if the announcers ever said who blocked 2 defenders.
Old 09-20-2011   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Thanks.
We saw that hit, but had to rewind the DVR a couple of times to get the number. We did not hear if the announcers ever said who blocked 2 defenders.
Hard to see the number except on slow mo. Camera panning right to left along with Jones. Defenders show up in screen for brief moment. Then Braman'd! from the other direction and camera keeps following Jones.

I could watch that on a GIF loop all day.
Old 09-20-2011   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 67843 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hard to see the number except on slow mo. Camera panning right to left along with Jones. Defenders show up in screen for brief moment. Then Braman'd! from the other direction and camera keeps following Jones.

I could watch that on a GIF loop all day.
So he is the one who blocked those 2 defenders!!! Nice!!! Me and my buddy I was watching the game with coulnd't see who it was and I don't think they announced it but me and my friend jumped out of our seats when that happened....almost spilled me beer!!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I yelled out about that block when it happened live, but after rewinding a couple times, I couldn't tell what the number was. I kind of thought it was Brooks Reed, for some reason. So thanks for the enlightenment. I always like the unheralded guys who have to work for it. The ones who have it handed to them tend to take it for granted a little bit, it seems. So guys like Braman are always a good story.

One of my top two or three favorite Texans of all-time so far is still Jason Simmons.
Old 09-20-2011   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

From the "Plays or Players that stood out" thread ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Braman on special teams - twice.

First was the nice punt return by Jones. Braman got real close to blocking the punt then got himself back in the play earholed a would be tackler along the sidelines.

Next was on kick coverage I believe .... the returner brought it out from deep and was stopped inside the 10 - Braman in on the tackle.

Thanks for the video TC .... it looks even better slowed down.

What makes that play even more amazong is that Braman nearly got to the punter ..... and was still able to get back into the play and lay the wood.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I yelled out about that block when it happened live, but after rewinding a couple times, I couldn't tell what the number was. I kind of thought it was Brooks Reed, for some reason. So thanks for the enlightenment. I always like the unheralded guys who have to work for it. The ones who have it handed to them tend to take it for granted a little bit, it seems. So guys like Braman are always a good story.

One of my top two or three favorite Texans of all-time so far is still Jason Simmons.
I remember the de-uniforming hit he put on the Raiders guy and the hit he put on Chris Brown that basically ended Chris Brown's small tenure of being worth a hill of beans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2011   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thanks for the video TC .... it looks even better slowed down.

What makes that play even more amazong is that Braman nearly got to the punter ..... and was still able to get back into the play and lay the wood.
Yep.

Braman is hungry. He wishes to feed. He demands his own smilie.
Old 09-20-2011   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yep.

Braman is hungry. He wishes to feed. He demands his own smilie.
We can just use this one ... for now.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-20-2011   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think women should start throwing thier bras at him

and guys should dress up like Braman fom Martin
Old 09-20-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wicked hit ..... love it!
Old 09-20-2011   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Wicked hit ..... love it!
I jumped outa my seat the first time I saw it .... hit the rewind button about half a dozen times.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-20-2011   #13
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude needs to see the field more often. I had a feelin' that his ST play would get him on the roster as much as his position play. And tryin' to sneak him on to the PS just wasnt' going to happen.....
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #14
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Braman is this year's version of the non-superstar that everyone loves. It's been David Anderson, Chris Taylor, I'm sure there are others.

That block was tremendous and I love his hustle, both on ST and when he saw the field in preseason.
Old 09-20-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Braman is this year's version of the non-superstar that everyone loves. It's been David Anderson, Chris Taylor, I'm sure there are others.
Except Braman has freakish athletic ability and a good build to add NFL bulk.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is how Terrell Davis got started . He was a late round pick who knocked someone silly on special teams . That got the coaches attention .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I remember the de-uniforming hit he put on the Raiders guy...
That was a 300 lb O-lineman after a Dunta Robinson interception. Simmons just annihilated the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Difference is, I think this guy can actually play. Give him a full offseason of weight room, OTAs, and mini camps and Braman could explode in 2012.
Old 09-20-2011   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That was a 300 lb O-lineman after a Dunta Robinson interception. Simmons just annihilated the guy.

Difference is, I think this guy can actually play. Give him a full offseason of weight room, OTAs, and mini camps and Braman could explode in 2012.
Talk about depth and talent at OLB .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #19
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Except Braman has freakish athletic ability and a good build to add NFL bulk.
I absolutely didn't mean that to demean the guy. I would absolutely love it if he became the superstar that everybody loves. I was just thinking about the guys who capture our imaginations without being the marquee guys.
Old 09-21-2011   #20
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard Kubiak talking about how the transition to the 3-4 has helped special teams. More depth at athletic positions.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read