Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2011   #1
nate4l1f3
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 nate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Check out this Houston area Saints fan..

http://blackandgold.com/saints/36521...orts-city.html

Sad Sad man... He is so wrong on soo many points
nate4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #2
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Check out this Houston area Saints fan..

Hmm all of a sudden I can't wait for the Texans to kick the aints ass
Old 09-19-2011   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

His points are all over the place:

Quote:
You can live in Houston and be completely unaware there is an NFL team here. 80% of the people here are soccer fans. You dont see Texans stuff anywhere. Matt Schaub can probably shop in any store, or eat at
any restaurant any time, and not even be bothered. Compare that with New Orleans, where even our linemen are celebrities.
That's fine and all, but the guy lives in Houston, wtf would he know about linemen being celebrities in NO?

Quote:
Their sports talk here in Houston is the biggest nerd - fest you'll ever hear. Every caller sounds like he's broadcasting live from his mama's basement, quoting statistics and contracts, and salary caps...

You go from Poindexter in the Houston suburbs
asking a statistical question to a lady on WWL yesterday who calls in yelling, "Its on like a pot of chitlins."
Um...erm...not sure about you guys but the point he's trying to make here sounds like people who call into football radio shows talking about food instead of football are better football fans.

Quote:
There is no way any sane person who remembers the Oilers and the whole Astrodome experience could love the Texans. Its not even the same game anymore.
I'll let you guys comment on that bit.

If he wants to talk about us in those terms ("America's most pathetic sports city") he should at least present facts like our constant heartbreaking losses. Maybe even us having never made the playoffs. But he doesn't mention NO being a better place because of good football.

And the most confusing part:

Quote:
You know our fans live and die with the Saints.
I wasn't aware the Saints had any fans before Hurricane Katrina happened and it became fashionable. Weren't they in danger of moving to San Antonio or L.A. because no one was showing up?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #4
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Its funny how he just leaves out the Rockets and our championships. Apparently we are also predominantly a soccer town? I don't even think that guy lives in Houston
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. A buddy and me have a running joke about New Orleans. We say it's a great place to go party for a weekend, but as a city, it's a total shithole. We also notice that, whenever it is pointed out to New Orleans residents that their city has a) no infrastructure b) terrible schools c) an extremely high crime rate d) no fortune 500 companies, e) no jobs and f) corrupt politicians, all they can come back with is: "Well, at least we have good gumbo."

LOL.

Sure enough, that's what this jerk did.

New Orleans was a shithole BEFORE Katrina, and is still one afterwards. Fun place to party, however.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOATHE Saints fans.

One Saints fan I know wished for the Falcons players to get hurt last night.

Classless, generally unintelligent pieces of trash. They're like the Red Sox and their fans. Taste a little success and become unbelievably unbearable. And yeah, the natural disaster was horrible and unspeakable, but I'm getting sick of them using it as a crutch for football related matters and discussion.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes wrong me and my family is making the road trip to the New orleans GAME !!!!!!

I cant wait to go there decked out in my texans gear !!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2011   #8
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Texan fan in New Orleans, I whole heartedly disagree with this guy, particularly the claim of Houston being a "souless megacity." The reason why I am a Texan fan is because of Houston's variety and character.

When Katrina hit, my family and I stayed in Arkansas for a few days until we were able to find an apartment once it became clear that we weren't going home. We found a place in Houston and stayed there for two months. The people of Houston are without question the best in the nation. Your city is beautiful. Your town is the true poster child of southern hospitality. Arms were opened to us wherever we went. I could walk into any business there, show them my ID to confirm that I was a Katrina refugee, and I'd have a job that instant. The love struck me in a way that I'll never be able to describe. And I know that if Katrina happened to Houston, the sad truth is that New Orleans would not have been as kind.

I'm sorry about the dramatic rise in crime from the New Orleans folk and how it affected, then and now, your city. Houston didn't deserve that for the amazing compassion that you all showed.

I'm pretty sure there is a pretty avid Saints fan presence there too, as you guys seem to have let on from time to time. Everyone from New Orleans brought the Saints with them and you can't really fault them for that. But for what it's worth, if Katrina didn't happen, I wouldn't be a Texan fan. When the storm hit, sure, people had the Saints, but I never really cared for the Saints growing up. I was a Panther fan for my childhood and teen years. Most people were paying obvious attention to the Saints season opener that year against the Panthers. I was too, but since I was in Houston, I decided to check out the Texans. We only had one television and it was naturally a given that my family wanted the Saints game on, so I was huddled in a corner of our one bedroom apartment with a radio seeing what this Texan team was about.

And they sucked. But I kept listening. By the time they played the Bengals that year, I was thoroughly rooting for them.

My family and I eventually went back to New Orleans sometime around late October. I know a few people who stayed in Houston and Texas in general, and they naturally brought the Saints with them. I brought the Texans back with me. And it was primarily because of the people of Houston that was the reason. The people of Houston are classy, witty, friendly, and all around fantastic. Nothing like what I'm surrounded by here on a daily basis.

I haven't been back to Houston since Katrina, though I kept telling myself I'll make the trip again someday. I honestly do think I should've stayed in Houston. I opted to come back to New Orleans because of work and college, but I could have just as easily worked and studied in there. Oh well, hindsight and all that. Tearful rant over. Get it done, Houston.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #9
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I haven't been back to Houston since Katrina, though I kept telling myself I'll make the trip again someday. I honestly do think I should've stayed in Houston. I opted to come back to New Orleans because of work and college, but I could have just as easily worked and studied in there. Oh well, hindsight and all that. Tearful rant over. Get it done, Houston.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rvNA...eature=related
Old 09-19-2011   #10
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 594 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
LOL. A buddy and me have a running joke about New Orleans. We say it's a great place to go party for a weekend, but as a city, it's a total shithole. We also notice that, whenever it is pointed out to New Orleans residents that their city has a) no infrastructure b) terrible schools c) an extremely high crime rate d) no fortune 500 companies, e) no jobs and f) corrupt politicians, all they can come back with is: "Well, at least we have good gumbo."

LOL.

Sure enough, that's what this jerk did.

New Orleans was a shithole BEFORE Katrina, and is still one afterwards. Fun place to party, however.
For the most part you're right. The fortune 500 company thing may need some clarification. Many oil companies have offices in NOLA, including Shell, Chevron, Exxon and everyone's favorite BP. There's quite a lot of money in New Orleans (also quite a lot of poverty & crime!)....anyway the allure of New Orleans is more cultural and historical (and alcoholical). It is by no stretch of the imagination a "modern" city, but you'd be hard pressed to find a place in the US wich can match the Big Easy for rich heritage and historical significance. I do however, share your sentiment. I'll go there for a few days to party, but after the third night I'm generally done with that place.

ETA: Also the guy who wrote the original article being referenced is a complete Douche. Every fan base has them. Houston is a great place. I've spent LOTS of time there for work and have many friends living there. New Orleans is a great place to visit, Houston is a great place to live, in my opinion anyway.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I LOATHE Saints fans.

One Saints fan I know wished for the Falcons players to get hurt last night.

Classless, generally unintelligent pieces of trash. They're like the Red Sox and their fans. Taste a little success and become unbelievably unbearable. And yeah, the natural disaster was horrible and unspeakable, but I'm getting sick of them using it as a crutch for football related matters and discussion.
They went from 100% irrelevant to trendy pick. The NFL had to block their move cause of a hurricane. Now, they act like the elite franchises in pro sports. ****ing hate them.
Old 09-19-2011   #12
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRusty View Post
For the most part you're right. The fortune 500 company thing may need some clarification. Many oil companies have offices in NOLA, including Shell, Chevron, Exxon and everyone's favorite BP. There's quite a lot of money in New Orleans (also quite a lot of poverty & crime!)....anyway the allure of New Orleans is more cultural and historical (and alcoholical). It is by no stretch of the imagination a "modern" city, but you'd be hard pressed to find a place in the US wich can match the Big Easy for rich heritage and historical significance. I do however, share your sentiment. I'll go there for a few days to party, but after the third night I'm generally done with that place.

ETA: Also the guy who wrote the original article being referenced is a complete Douche. Every fan base has them. Houston is a great place. I've spent LOTS of time there for work and have many friends living there. New Orleans is a great place to visit, Houston is a great place to live, in my opinion anyway.
Just to clarify, having offices and being based in a location are 2 different things. Shell's corporate headquarters are in Houston, Exxon in Irving, TX, and Chevron in somewhere in California.

I think that's what the other guy was saying that NO doesn't have any Fortune 500 companies.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #13
SaintRusty
Rookie

Rep Power: 594 SaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respectedSaintRusty is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Just to clarify, having offices and being based in a location are 2 different things. Shell's corporate headquarters are in Houston, Exxon in Irving, TX, and Chevron in somewhere in California.

I think that's what the other guy was saying that NO doesn't have any Fortune 500 companies.
Well, Shell really based in the Netherlands. Houston is the North American regional HQ.

I figured that's what he meant, but I just don't see the significance. As previously stated, there's LOTS of money and opportunity to be had in New Orleans.

Anyway...I'm not going to try to defend NOLA. I'm not from there and it really isn't a very pleasant place unless you're at least 4 beers deep. Even then only in certain areas.
SaintRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #14
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

HOU DAT!
TheGoldenGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #15
heymak
Rookie

How soon they forget. 1999 'aints fans

Last edited by heymak; 09-19-2011 at 07:53 PM.
heymak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason, that link hit my funny bone. It's hard to take a person seriously when he's spouting off all the great things about a city full of people who live in a bowl and are too dumb to get out of the way of a hurricane. Not exactly full of the best and brightest.
Old 09-19-2011   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is AWESOME!!! He reminds me why I watch "Brain Candy" shows like Cops on occasion.. You know, you're having kind of a bad day so you turn the channel to Cops, you can see how ridiculously pathetic people are??? That's what this asshat does for me....

AWESOME!!!
Old 09-19-2011   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRusty View Post
Well, Shell really based in the Netherlands. Houston is the North American regional HQ.

I figured that's what he meant, but I just don't see the significance. As previously stated, there's LOTS of money and opportunity to be had in New Orleans.

Anyway...I'm not going to try to defend NOLA. I'm not from there and it really isn't a very pleasant place unless you're at least 4 beers deep. Even then only in certain areas.
1) Yes, I meant that NOLA has zero fortune 500 companies. ZERO. Yes, that is VERY significant. Where's the corporate money that is crucial to community support and involvement?

2) Where is the "money" and "opportunity" to be had in New Orleans? Where?

Also, I guarantee you that, if Katrina had happened here, the many BILLIONARES that run this town would have had this city rebuilt in five seconds and the leavees rebuilt right after that.
Old 09-19-2011   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure if a Saints fan should be proclaiming how great their fan base is. Before 2006 they were constantly one of the worst fan bases in the country. The only tradition New Orleans knows is losing.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
They went from 100% irrelevant to trendy pick. The NFL had to block their move cause of a hurricane. Now, they act like the elite franchises in pro sports. ****ing hate them.
Oh, and that's another thing: Tom Benson was trying to move the Saints out of that CRAPHOLE behind their backs before the hurricane. Where was he trying to move it to? T-E-X-A-S.

Saints fans should shut their gumbo-filled pie holes and worry about looking for work.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read