Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2011   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default hey did Demeco play yesterday?

im just saying, where is this guy?(yes, i know he played yesterday)

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: hey did Demeaco play yesterday?

I think he was in on one play and decided we could win without him.

He got the one tackle.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: hey did Demeco play yesterday?

Our defense only gave up 300 yards, forced 2 TOs, and held the opposition to 13 points at home.

Individual stats are overrated.

I will say, however, that our run defense left a little to be desired.
Old 09-19-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I forget what his ailment was, but this is a possible lingering health issue. Was it a knee? Ryans' rookie season may be his height of work.

Old 09-19-2011   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I forget what his ailment was, but this is a possible lingering health issue. Was it a knee? Ryans' rookie season may be his height of work.
ya he is listed with an injury but the report also said he fully participated in practice last week... but for sure could be an inury. Im just use to hearing his name called a bunch and i dont remember hearing it at all.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #6
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 17619 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
im just saying, where is this guy?(yes, i know he played yesterday)
It says something that our Defense played as a team, rather than bieng dependant on one or two guys to carry the whole group. Captain Meco is coming back from a horrible injury. He doesn't need to "put da team on his back" anymore. Lets pass judgement about week 12 when he has been back in the mix a while.
Old 09-19-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Our defense only gave up 300 yards, forced 2 TOs, and held the opposition to 13 points at home.

They - according to multiple sources - kept only 6 players in the box for much of the game to force Miami to beat them on the ground rather than let Henne go wild. In hindsight , hell of a plan even if they did give up 152 rushing yards , it took time off the clock to do it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2011   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I blame that mostly on our 1-gap DT(s). We'll get to the QB more and the RB less. As much as I'm ecstatic to have Phillips, I don't agree with everything. I guess we don't NEED a huge NT, but it would help a lot IMO.

Old 09-19-2011   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172712 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco attempted a one-armed tackle behind the line with his left-arm that has the big brace on it, but was unable to pull the RB down.

All I remember.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Demeco attempted a one-armed tackle behind the line with his left-arm that has the big brace on it, but was unable to pull the RB down.

All I remember.
I thought it looked like he wasn't in the best position then to make that work. I'm not dogging him or anything, nothing he did wrong. He just busted through and the back was going the other way. He was able to whip an arm around the guys feet but his momentum was carrying him in the other direction.
Old 09-19-2011   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that damn bionic arm brace is getting in the way. If he's hurt, set him until he heals up. I don't know who we have that takes his place as the play caller on the D if he's out. I thought that was Adibi's role, but I don't know who took over that spot once we released him.

Anyone?
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I blame that mostly on our 1-gap DT(s). We'll get to the QB more and the RB less. As much as I'm ecstatic to have Phillips, I don't agree with everything. I guess we don't NEED a huge NT, but it would help a lot IMO.
Its a passing league. Better to stop the pass than the run
Old 09-19-2011   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a nice hit lined up on Henne but just missed. Led to a pretty big gain unfortunately. DeMeco hasn't been at his best the first two weeks but when he gets comfortable and healthy he will be making plays and our run D should stiffen.
Old 09-19-2011   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meco was listed on the injury report with elbow and achilles. I was a little concerned when I saw that last part.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what's wrong with Demeco's tackling, but it looked like he had a robotic arm modeled after Big Sister from Bioshock.

Here's the story on the elbow:
Quote:
Texans ILB DeMeco Ryans described his elbow injury as a "deep bruise" and fully plans to start in Week 1.
Ryans has been held out of recent preseason action, but he'll be fine by the opener. "I'm confident that I'll be out there," he promised. "I'll be ready to go." Coming off Achilles' surgery, Ryans called the elbow problem a "blessing in disguise" because it's allowed him to complete his rehab of the heel. Aug 29 - 10:54 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3657/demeco-ryans
Old 09-19-2011   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am not worried about Ryans he does not look fully healthy yet and the entire defense for any team does not play perfectly very often.
Old 09-19-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am not worried about Ryans he does not look fully healthy yet and the entire defense for any team does not play perfectly very often.
That was part of it. The other part was the defensive strategy to take away the pass and DeMeco wasn't super good at pass defense even before his achillies issue.

Here's Kubiak's answer...
Quote:
(on ILB DeMeco Ryans being credited with only one tackle) Well, he was off the field. Some of the things they were doing offensively, spreading the field and you got Reggie (Bush) out there and some of those things, he was coming off the field in some of our substitution packages type of thing, but he played well when we was out there. I think hes getting better and better every week. Hes playing with that big elbow brace that hes trying to get accustomed to, trying to come back from the Achilles. I think DeMeco just continue to move forward. He was better this week than he was last week and I think itll continue to get better each and every week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read